1. July 2, 2018  

Can't change resolution, or any setting it seems like.

Hello, i've just started playing on this server again.
    And i've recently downloaded the wotlk expansion.

Now the problem i have is that the game started up in 1280x1024 and the sound was like clicking.
    Managed to fix the sound issue by changing some settings, but after i changed resolution it was like all the settings reset themselves.

If i tried to change to 1920x1080 the window got really small and then it popped back to fullscreen but the resolution was still 1280x1024.
    Searched the forums but couldn't find any similar issue.

Please help!

EDIT!: Found out you hade to change a setting in the properties of the wow folder.
    >Right click wow folder
    >Properties
    >uncheck "read-only"
    Still noting on the sound issue, still this clicking sound.
    Edited: July 2, 2018

2. July 3, 2018  
    Hey, you have to give the "Admin" autorisation.

3. I'm getting the little unusable screen when changing resolution settings, I cannot get it off 1024, it's driving me crazy.

4. I'm getting the little unusable screen when changing resolution settings, I cannot get it off 1024, it's driving me crazy.
    You could try to edit it in your config (WoW/WTF/Config)

SET gxResolution "1680x1050" <- copy / replace with the numbers you want

5. May 17, 2019  
    For me dont work
    or maybe i am stupid

6. I've tried all these things and nothing has worked i've had to resort to deleting the game and redownload it

7. did it work after ? couse i did redownloaded it and i still cant change the resolution

+ fixed
    First i put it in windowed mode and after i could make any changes i wanted without any issues
    Edited: April 5, 2020 Reason: fixed

8. May 6, 2020  
    Thank you. you just saved me hours of headache

9. July 4, 2020  
    Hey there, just did this to my game and it worked....sort of. I changed resolution to 2560x1440 and set refresh to 144hz, but the game still crashes if I try to edit the video settings in-game. While I can change things from the WTF video file, I still can't change resolution, refresh rate, windowed/non-windowed, multisample, or any of that from inside the game. Is there a full list of WTF code lines for windowed mode, multisample, etc.? I'd like to do it this way if possible since I know it works.

10. Hey there, just did this to my game and it worked....sort of. I changed resolution to 2560x1440 and set refresh to 144hz, but the game still crashes if I try to edit the video settings in-game. While I can change things from the WTF video file, I still can't change resolution, refresh rate, windowed/non-windowed, multisample, or any of that from inside the game. Is there a full list of WTF code lines for windowed mode, multisample, etc.? I'd like to do it this way if possible since I know it works.
    You change the Cpoyright for the Folder to read and wirte/uncheck the Cpoyright thing.
    Then you can run the exe with in admin Mode after 3 times i can change everything and i dissable/close RTSS and MSI Afterburner