1. July 2, 2018  

The real reason PvPers cant complain.

Vanilla through Lich king WoW was made almost entirely to be a PvE game.

I myself am an avid pvp player and I almost never pve.

That being said, when blizzard made these early versions of wow they made it revolved around PvE.

None of you PvPers have a right to complain. This game has and always will be a PvE game vanilla-Lich King.

Blizzard intended for it to be this way.

If you dont like it dont play pvp.
    Edited: July 4, 2018

2. July 2, 2018  
    Pvpers are the loud minority and will always be. On private servers their voices might be louder but thats just because the community is smaller.

3. July 2, 2018  
    Vanilla through Lich king WoW was made almost entirely to be a PvE game.
    almost is the important part here

once you hire a pvp dev team and add arena to the game with rank 1 titles and special mounts for a certain cutoff and items for a certain rating, then its obvious that people will state their opinion when theres 50% of class x in top 0.5% but only 5% of class y. Its even more of a reason to complain when you push this to esports and give tens of thousands of dollars prize pools.
    Edited: July 2, 2018

4. July 2, 2018  
    Everyone has the right to complain. If you're not harming others with your complaints, then you are entitled to do so in accordance with free speech. The only exception is when certain rules are put in place on private property, like this forum. But even then, there aren't any rules for the forum that says people can't complain about PvP. If you're annoyed by people who complain about PvP then you can use the ignore feature in-game and avoid such obvious topics on the forum.

5. July 3, 2018  
    Pvpers are the loud minority and will always be. On private servers their voices might be louder but thats just because the community is smaller.
    They sure as hell ain't the minority on this server.

6. July 4, 2018  
    There are 2 major contributing factors to this.

1. Vanilla-Lich king demand for pvp has always been high.

2. Warmane and other private servers push pvp as much as they can.

High demand is more people playing, and because of the demand you must deliver on a good experience.

The problem here is that its close to impossible to implement. Why? Because your trying to push and promote a PvE game, and force it to be a PvP game as well.

I love vanilla-lich king pvp and i always will, but the complaints you hear are in vein.

You cant make this a pvp game no matter how hard you try, while keeping a retail like pvp experience.

7. July 4, 2018  
    I love vanilla-lich king pvp and i always will, but the complaints you hear are in vein.

You cant make this a pvp game no matter how hard you try, while keeping a retail like pvp experience.
    Blizzard made PvP a big part of the game, two factions, always pvp on, BGs, Arena, honor systems. Having two playable factions that are historrical in war, supporting always on pvp servers with a big honor system. Vanilla PvE was instead very limited, only a handfull dungeons for endgame pve and it took a long time until one raid was available. Raiding was always very limited, repeat the latest raid every week for at least half a year until the next raid to repeat every year. Not to mention that high end raiding in vanilla was only available for a very limited number of players. Blizzard made endgame raiding in vanilla not for tha masses, but for a very small amount of players. With the opening of BC that made PvP a even bigger part, not even 1% off all players finished Naxx, not even 10% entered Nax, not even 20% finished t2.5 content....

Dont make it look like, that blizzard made WoW PvE heavy, thats just false. It were the players and their constant river of tears that made blizzard changing their design idea, they made PvE available for the masses by lowering difficulty up to the point they brought in easy mode aka non HC, they made end game pve easier to access. They totally changed their plans about open pvp, faction war and town raids and forced pvp players out of open world pvp by honor punishment and makeing BGs more honor efficient.

8. July 4, 2018  
    Blizzard made PvP a big part of the game, two factions, always pvp on, BGs, Arena, honor systems. Having two playable factions that are historrical in war, supporting always on pvp servers with a big honor system. Vanilla PvE was instead very limited, only a handfull dungeons for endgame pve and it took a long time until one raid was available. Raiding was always very limited, repeat the latest raid every week for at least half a year until the next raid to repeat every year. Not to mention that high end raiding in vanilla was only available for a very limited number of players. Blizzard made endgame raiding in vanilla not for tha masses, but for a very small amount of players. With the opening of BC that made PvP a even bigger part, not even 1% off all players finished Naxx, not even 10% entered Nax, not even 20% finished t2.5 content....

Dont make it look like, that blizzard made WoW PvE heavy, thats just false. It were the players and their constant river of tears that made blizzard changing their design idea, they made PvE available for the masses by lowering difficulty up to the point they brought in easy mode aka non HC, they made end game pve easier to access. They totally changed their plans about open pvp, faction war and town raids and forced pvp players out of open world pvp by honor punishment and makeing BGs more honor efficient.
    well, correct me if I'm wrong, but lorewise, apart from Vanilla, it is more PvE then PvP oriented. I mean, in Vanilla it made sense to do world PvP as the factions are at war, but later expansions are focused toward fighting a common enemy (BC, LK, etc..).

DK are a prime example. They are the same faction yet still you can kill another DK in open world. How much sense does that make? DK shouldn't be able to do PvP at all, considering their standing both with Horde and Alliance.

In Outland both factions are fighting demons with no quests (ok, maybe a few, haven't done them all) being orientated towards the opposing faction. If you look at the Wotlk cinematics, both factions together are banging on the ICC gates. How does it make sense to kill opposing faction beyond Vanilla content is beyond me....

9. July 4, 2018  
    In Outland both factions are fighting demons with no quests (ok, maybe a few, haven't done them all) being orientated towards the opposing faction. If you look at the Wotlk cinematics, both factions together are banging on the ICC gates. How does it make sense to kill opposing faction beyond Vanilla content is beyond me....
    As I saied, blizzard changed the game design to more PvE due to a huge river of tears of all that ganked cry babys. WotlK cinematics has more than enough pvp parts, UD betrayal, secret jaina proudmoore faction meeting that did not end well, and game wise: Alliance raiding Undercity, ToC raid with PvP brawl.
    Letting both factions fight the same pve enemy in the same raids, saves blizzard the need to create different raids. Lore here is made around easy gamedesign, and not about good lore telling. If it would be about good lore telling, closing BGs would be the logical thing if you want to hold up the illusion of both factions holding hands while fighting the same enemy, skipping war.

10. July 4, 2018  
    well, i'm almost sure that OP refers to pvp gameplay and not about pvp lore.

the point is accept that blizzard fails on wow pvp and then enjoy the game with that in mind.

yeah, blizzard cared for pvp, look legion and the honor talent system, templates and other stuff... that doesn't matter much, they failed again in the pvp department.

11. July 5, 2018  
    I disagree. Wotlk had a much higher focus on PvP than it did in TBC. Classes became much more balanced and they spent a lot of time developing vehicle combat, the destructible environment and an entire zone.

12. July 5, 2018  
    I disagree. Wotlk had a much higher focus on PvP than it did in TBC. Classes became much more balanced and they spent a lot of time developing vehicle combat, the destructible environment and an entire zone.
    "Wotlk had a much higher focus on PvP than it did in TBC. Classes became much more balanced"
    thank you for the good lol!im not going to go into the entire why TBC's pvp was better then wrath's but i will say/ask this.
    if you really think wrath had better class balance in pvp then please show me any class or spec in the TBC that was as OP'ed and face roll as any dk or pally spec from wrath.i dont even need to go into other classes/specs because pallys and dks from wrath proves my point for me, and please dont give me that "wraths balance got better at the end of the x-pac crap".
    Edited: July 5, 2018

13. July 5, 2018  
    if you really think wrath had better class balance in pvp then please show me any class or spec in the TBC that was as OP
    i doubt u even played TBC if u asking such ****

Resto druid
    /thread

14. July 5, 2018  
    "Wotlk had a much higher focus on PvP than it did in TBC. Classes became much more balanced"
    thank you for the good lol!im not going to go into the entire why TBC's pvp was better then wrath's but i will say/ask this.
    if you really think wrath had better class balance in pvp then please show me any class or spec in the TBC that was as OP'ed and face roll as any dk or pally spec from wrath.i dont even need to go into other classes/specs because pallys and dks from wrath proves my point for me, and please dont give me that "wraths balance got better at the end of the x-pac crap".
    DKs and Ret Pallies lol. If anything warr + hpala is most broken by the end. Otherwise TBC had terrible balance as several specs were missing key abilities. Shammy had no thunderstorm or hex, Shadow priest doesn't have dispersion, hunters didn't have disengage. Ret pal and enhancement are literally auto-attack specs. Also dike is right, resto druid is pretty op in TBC.
    Edited: July 5, 2018

15. July 5, 2018  
    i personally think it was the height of wow pvp, I mean Wotlk is when third party esports were most active around WoW, it's no coincidence that MLG picked it up at that time, and dropped it afterwards.

123 ... Last