1. July 4, 2018  

Discussion about SWP.

Hello everyone.

SWP will soon hit our server. What are your thoughts ? BTW SWP wont get released on 7th, there is no PTR for it yet.
    Edited: July 4, 2018

2. July 4, 2018  
    Hello boys/girls/staff.

SWP will soon hit our server. What are your thoughts? BTW SWP wont get released on 7th, there is no PTR for it yet.
    I hope it's released as close to bug free as possible. And not more than a few weeks late. ZA was released in very good condition so that gives me hope.

If SWP isn't released on time, I hope the rest of Isle and MGT is.

MGT should get at least a small ptr test of it's own, should it not? It would be nice if the new 5 man that everyone will be farming was also released in good condition.

I hope the new shop gear that gets added eventually, is actually priced in a way that makes sense, and keeps the server profitable without polluting the entire player-base with frivolous Illidan gear. Also, I liked the way T5 gear was released in waves and not all at once. The end bosses should be kept for later, as with other tiers, to give people a reason to buy items from previous bosses.

I hope Glaives aren't on the shop until Sunwell is old and they're expensive as hell. "Other servers" had them $1k or something and still made tons of money off them. There are good guilds who have been farming Illidan for months and still don't even have one. Seeing everyone in org running around with them the next day, the same way everyone bought a cat's edge and tempest, would be a slap in the face to those people who have been working hard and want to get them legit.

I think Sunwell bosses will require some slight tuning even though our talent patch is correct for the content. Seeing some old sunwell videos and looking at the damage the players are doing makes me think retail values in sunwell will still be too easy. Especially since there is no attunement needed. Kalecgos especially can't be a joke here. He needs to be tuned appropriately to function as a gatekeeper to middle-of-the-road t6 guilds who haven't cleared t6 yet, and put up at least some challenge for the elite guilds.

Will the last three bosses be time-gated like on retail?

If they are, then the first three will need to be hard as hell to keep the top guilds occupied for all that time.

Trash needs to be scripted particularly well, because there will be tons of trash farming going on.

Don't forget Sunwell Radiance http://www.wowhead.com/spell=45769/sunwell-radiance like some other private servers have....

Please pay particular attention to melee mechanics, as these have been overlooked in the past raid releases, and Sunwell has some convoluted rules. I'm talking about things like boss dual wield miss chance, ability to crushing blow, and parry haste. We've had many mobs on this server missing at a 30% miss rate because they dual wield even though they shouldn't. No bosses in Sunwell should be able to crushing blow except one of the eredar twins. Brutallus (at least in later versions?), like Mother Shahraz, should not be able to be parry hasted.

3. July 4, 2018  
    If SWP will be released 7th of july , will we be able to buy SWP boj gear ?

4. July 4, 2018  

5. July 4, 2018  
    Probably. I think it was that way on retail.

Or maybe it was unlocked with rep and world quests? I can't remember. There was some big unlock event in Isle I think. But I don't remember what it was for.
    Edited: July 4, 2018

6. July 5, 2018  
    No, SWP BoJ vendor its last stage of isle.

7. July 5, 2018  
    I just hope that Sunwell plateau will be a slightly overtuned, since I dont want casual guilds to clear it like Hyjal. SWP should be a real challenge for advanced guilds even like Panacea, but I still think they will run through SWP like a hot knife through butter.

8. July 6, 2018  
    If there aren’t significant HP buffs to bosses, some damage buffs to certain abilities or any gating then it’s gonna be cleared within a week.

9. July 6, 2018  
    Brutalus stomp should be buffed to 20k damage or smth.

10. July 6, 2018  
    Brutalus stomp should be buffed to 20k damage or smth.
    How would melee survive that? Never done the fight myself but sounds like it'd turn into a all in ranged class stacking fest.

If there aren’t significant HP buffs to bosses, some damage buffs to certain abilities or any gating then it’s gonna be cleared within a week.
    I personally hope it will take 2-3 weeks to clear it all. Like tune it really hard, after all it's the final raid.

11. July 6, 2018  
    How would melee survive that? Never done the fight myself but sounds like it'd turn into a all in ranged class stacking fest.
    Stomp is on the tank only....

12. July 6, 2018  
    Stomp is on the tank only....
    I see, very well then.

13. July 6, 2018  
    well since they just stickied looking for guilds to test swp for future release, we can assume it will not be released yet. ;D .. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=386879

14. July 6, 2018  
    I personally hope it will take 2-3 weeks to clear it all. Like tune it really hard, after all it's the final raid.
    Giving a boss more HP and more damage on melee swings and whatnot is, let's be real here, artificial difficulty.

15. July 7, 2018  
    Not like they can go and add new mechanics.

Tuning HP up/tweaking enrage timers is certainly needed. Bosses will just flop over with minimal effort other wise.

123 Last