1. July 4, 2018  

Wintergrasp Ranger

Wintergrasp Ranger is an achievement in which you have to kill 10 players in each of Wintergrasp areas.

I have three questions:

1) Does this achievement work?
    2) Do I have to get killing blows or honorable kills to get credit?
    3) Is it only doable during Wintergrasp battle?

I got credit with every single part of the achievement EXCEPT the Cauldron of Flames, and I just got stuck on it. But again, I did every part so far DURING the battle, while I kill horde in Cauldron of Flames not during the battle. Do I have to be afk during battle in that dead zone and just wait for some horde fella to pass by? That just seems like trolling to me, I'd just waste a slot in raid. Or am I just bad at counting and probably haven't killed 10 of them yet, even though I am sure I have?

2. July 4, 2018  
    Wintergrasp Ranger is an achievement in which you have to kill 10 players in each of Wintergrasp areas.

I have three questions:

1) Does this achievement work?
    2) Do I have to get killing blows or honorable kills to get credit?
    3) Is it only doable during Wintergrasp battle?

I got credit with every single part of the achievement EXCEPT the Cauldron of Flames, and I just got stuck on it. But again, I did every part so far DURING the battle, while I kill horde in Cauldron of Flames not during the battle. Do I have to be afk during battle in that dead zone and just wait for some horde fella to pass by? That just seems like trolling to me, I'd just waste a slot in raid. Or am I just bad at counting and probably haven't killed 10 of them yet, even though I am sure I have?
    1. i got this achievement arround 2 years ago im not sure if this still works like it was back then.
    2. i think HK is enough as im sure not all my characters actually landed a killing blow.
    3. i believe it does not count only during wintergrasp battle, as i never actually visited questing areas during the battle.

3. July 4, 2018  
    1. i got this achievement arround 2 years ago im not sure if this still works like it was back then.
    2. i think HK is enough as im sure not all my characters actually landed a killing blow.
    3. i believe it does not count only during wintergrasp battle, as i never actually visited questing areas during the battle.
    Mhm, a lot of people in game have told me it works, they had no problem with it, I don't know why am I the only one with this issue. :/ Maybe they all did it just like you - 2 years ago and it's a recent bug.

Is there any way to know details of my progress with this achievement? I just see grey "The Cauldron of Flames" sign, nothing else. Is there some kind of addon that would show I have 7/10 or something similar?

4. July 4, 2018  
    Is there any way to know details of my progress with this achievement? I just see grey "The Cauldron of Flames" sign, nothing else. Is there some kind of addon that would show I have 7/10 or something similar?
    I saw exact numbers while tracking the achievement. I think Overachiever addon was showing it.

5. July 4, 2018  
    I saw exact numbers while tracking the achievement. I think Overachiever addon was showing it.
    With help of the addon I can see that I have 8/10 in cauldron of flames. Went to cauldron of flames and got 4 killing blows (not only HKs, killing blows), it remained 8/10. I know I have killed exactly 2 players here during the battle, so I guess it is bug. How did I get those 8 is a mystery to me. :|

6. July 4, 2018  
    I remember having some problems with that zone too but I am not sure how I solved them. Try joining a party or a raid group.

7. July 4, 2018  
    I remember having some problems with that zone too but I am not sure how I solved them. Try joining a party or a raid group.
    You are right, I finally have the achievement, thank you. ^^ I was convinced if I can't get it out of the group, then I surely shouldn't be able to get it in the group. Apparently I was wrong. It is still a bug, I don't think it's supposed to work like that, but a lot of people don't notice that since they are doing those quests in a group anyway.