1. July 8, 2018  
    because the adds that should be dpsd down are not important, right :)
    You're telling me people are having trouble killing the adds or what?

2. July 8, 2018  
    You're telling me people are having trouble killing the adds or what?
    absolutely, people have a hard time with 10 year old content while having all the end game gear there is to their disposal :)

sarcasm aside, its not about having a hard time or not, its about min-maxing.

3. July 8, 2018  
    Thats the best gear combination I came up with:

https://i.imgur.com/VUlyg4M.png

Thats with perfect raid conditions that are rather unrealistic in a real fight. Like having somebody else who applies sunder armor and always the arp buff food up.

Let me know if you find something that increases the DPS further. By using Landsoul's spreadsheets ofc.

4. July 8, 2018  

5. July 8, 2018  
    You're all arguing nit-pick points, the difference between these gemming options is within the margin of error, there is no discernible difference you could ever notice in game so it's really silly to get into a heated discussion over it.

6. July 8, 2018  
    You're all arguing nit-pick points, the difference between these gemming options is within the margin of error, there is no discernible difference you could ever notice in game so it's really silly to get into a heated discussion over it.
    Why would it be silly? What else is there to do at the end game other than min/max-ing your character?

7. July 8, 2018  
    Why would it be silly? What else is there to do at the end game other than min/max-ing your character?
    It's silly because they're arguing the difference between margin of error, that means that the difference would be so close that there is no true answer, situational factors will favour one or the other and arguing margin of error differences on numbers that are extremely close and that would favour either way depending on circumstances is pointless.

They are arguing for arguments sake at that point.

8. July 8, 2018  
    It's silly because they're arguing the difference between margin of error, that means that the difference would be so close that there is no true answer, situational factors will favour one or the other and arguing margin of error differences on numbers that are extremely close and that would favour either way depending on circumstances is pointless.
    There is always an answer, a certain setup will always be better on a particular fight compared to the rest. If going for that isn't your forté that's fine, different people, different ideals. I can't agree with your point that arguing over these tiny differences is silly.

9. July 8, 2018  
    There is always an answer, a certain setup will always be better on a particular fight compared to the rest. If going for that isn't your forté that's fine, different people, different ideals. I can't agree with your point that arguing over these tiny differences is silly.
    On the contrary, I'm quite an experienced theorycrafter and was the original person to put the Landsoul sheet back in circulation on Warmane/Molten when I re-uploaded it a few years ago, I also created and still contribute to the Outland Warrior/melee gearing spreadsheet/guide being used by a lot of players. People arguing vague circumstances and differences that equate to margin of error is silly, none of what was discussed (debating a couple of crit vs haste gems) has any objective value that can be measured or percieved in game so it's meaningless and serves only for people to bicker between each other.

The Landsoul sheet is considerably less accurate than the differences being discussed, and the differences are circumstantial meaning either side could be right depending on framing, it's completely pointless. Simcraft in retail WoW is in a complete world ahead of Landsouls sheet for accuracy and even that isn't perfect.
    Edited: July 8, 2018

10. July 9, 2018  
    The fight im always focusing on is Light of Dawn, aka Lich King 25m HC.
    If your itemisation is going to make your character be the best Tank/Healer/DPS on that encounter, it wont be the worst on other encounters.

The only thing you can minmax is gear, enchants and gems (part from pushing those DPS buttons in certain order. aka rotations).
    All the other things are mostly RNG, trinket procs, boss mechanics (is the debuff going to be on you or other player), some talents, so on...

With that logic that minmaxing is "silly", why wouldnt people simply gem Strength on Fury Warriors, or go Full Strength item builds and do less DPS?
    Every gem matters, saying that the last couple of them wont make a difference is dumb if u ask me.

If you want to maximise your performance, do it right, or dont do it at all...

11. July 9, 2018  
    With that logic that minmaxing is "silly", why wouldnt people simply gem Strength on Fury Warriors, or go Full Strength item builds and do less DPS?
    Every gem matters, saying that the last couple of them wont make a difference is dumb if u ask me.

I think he meant its silly to argue about every minor difference like replacing a 10str/10crit gem with a 10str/10haste gem.
    The difference is so small that its probably impossible to figure out what yields the higher DPS. Testing the difference in a real boss encounter is too inaccurate due to all the rng that is involved and theorycrafting tools are also not 100% accurate.

12. July 9, 2018  
    The fight im always focusing on is Light of Dawn, aka Lich King 25m HC.
    If your itemisation is going to make your character be the best Tank/Healer/DPS on that encounter, it wont be the worst on other encounters.

The only thing you can minmax is gear, enchants and gems (part from pushing those DPS buttons in certain order. aka rotations).
    All the other things are mostly RNG, trinket procs, boss mechanics (is the debuff going to be on you or other player), some talents, so on...

Jesus, read my post before you reply. Min-maxing isn't silly, talking about min-maxing when you're incapable of being correct due to a margin of error level of difference is silly. You do not have the tools with which to accurately enough model warrior to know whether you're right, the difference is incredibly small and doesn't particularly favour either way.

The Landsoul sheet telling you that you will gain 1 dps if you swap a crit gem to a haste gem isn't solid evidence, and "feeling" that one crit gem is better because can be "felt" in game is complete voodoo nonsense, subjective anecdotal and complete bollox. Having an arguement over this is silly because you're not arguing over obvious differnences you're arguing over a margin of error.. You're just arguing to argue, meaningless.

13. July 9, 2018  
    Well, Gnimo is known to be like that, so yeah...

14. July 9, 2018  
    Its funny cos i was talking about Crit and Soft Crit Cap for Auto Attacks.
    Anyhow, if you reach 61.8% crit, going more is useless not from a personal feeling, but from logic. So, the natural thing would be to gem Haste instead of Crit.

And i never argued about Crit vs Haste, all i argued is if 3% crit from a Ret Paladin debuff should or shouldnt be taken into account when talking about soft crit cap.
    If you look at LoD encounter, it shouldnt...

But i guess thats just me...
    Its always easyer to suck and get carried by others.

15. Its funny cos i was talking about Crit and Soft Crit Cap for Auto Attacks.
    Anyhow, if you reach 61.8% crit, going more is useless not from a personal feeling, but from logic. So, the natural thing would be to gem Haste instead of Crit.
    l don't think that gemming haste str is clearly better than crit str at that point. Haste improves only HS/Cleave + AA (~= OH hits) (and Deep Wounds a bit) which is about 70% of fury dmg output. Crit past soft cap buffs everything, but OH. That is also about 70% of our dmg output.

First 123 Last