1. crit is just a bunch of rng in any case, hence id rather gem str+haste than str+crit after getting to the white crit cap.

ive had festergut encounters where I had 90% crit on my attacks and times Ive had 58%

2. Haste vs Crit is never about what buffs what...
    Perfect example is FDK.
    Only Melee dmg, which is arround 25-30% total, benedits from it, but yet its better than Crit.
    Why?
    Crit = RNG, meaning, u can have 50% crit and do only 40% or 80% with all attacks.
    Haste = non RNG stat, that is relyable.

I remember when i used to belive Crit is better and that Haste is simply a **** stat which had no place on melee DPS exept Ret and Udk.
    I hope one day, you can also realise it for your own dps sake. :D

3. Haste vs Crit is never about what buffs what...
    Perfect example is FDK.
    Only Melee dmg, which is arround 25-30% total, benedits from it, but yet its better than Crit.
    Why?
    Crit = RNG, meaning, u can have 50% crit and do only 40% or 80% with all attacks.
    Haste = non RNG stat, that is relyable.

I remember when i used to belive Crit is better and that Haste is simply a **** stat which had no place on melee DPS exept Ret and Udk.
    I hope one day, you can also realise it for your own dps sake. :D
    I never got back on top after moltdown. So it's irrelevant for me atm, as I am still below soft crit cap. I will try to change it if I ever get there again. Back then crit was the way to go, because it pushed glancing blows out. Anyways I still wonder what did Phreak differently to always pull ahead.

4. Even so, go get 59-62% crit as Warrior and take a look at your melee strikes after the fight using Recount. Tell me if all of them wer crits on that encounter.
    already done that like 10 times, used Might of Blight instead of Frostbrood, got like 58,9% crit chance full buffed + 3% from ret, have never seen that my offhand HITS. it just doesnt. crit/glancing/miss - no other options there. im not claiming that might of blight is any better than using frosbrood, but for crit soft cap - frostbrood is overkill.

I dont want to be a smartass, nor do i want to make this personal
    yet, u try hard, bruh
    What i can see from your words is that you on the other hand have no clue what you are talking about, but yet you keep going...
    104,8 - 24 - (27-8) -3=58,8% - crit "softcap" for offhand swings assuming "heart of crusade/totem of wrath". explain, where im wrong in this? not your "theoretical and own exp", i never made any claims that going for 58,8% critchance would be better that going for 62% for overall dmg output.

5. @dike

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y.../28/?enc=kills
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...=10623&e=11424

I guess these normal hits are anomaly since you know better.

On LoD fight, no matter what class you are (even Feral Druids) or what you do, there will always be normal hits.
    You saying otherwise means that you are eather lying, or clueless, or maybe even both???
    And again, going for 61.8% flat crit from gear and buffs, will only increase your dps with 3% crit debuff, since Frostbrood has better stats overall.

Yes, i try my best to be the best version of myself possible, and carry the damn raid rather than getting carried.

@jendah

Phreak didnt play after moltdown. Shame, cos he was a great guy tbh. :D
    Before moltdown there wer a lot of shady things warriors could use to increase their DPS (HoP bug, all kind of buffs outside ICC u could transition inside, buffs double stacking, and so many more i didnt hear about).
    Im not saying he did it, or that he didnt, i dont know, but i know that a LOT of warriors at that time said they didnt use anything and yet pulled some insane numbers noone did.

If both Warriors are equaly geared, and the avrg DMG diference of abilities is HUGE, and u lost a DPS fight even tho you did a lot more HS/BT/WW/so on..., there is some shady stuff going on, cos RNG on DBW and double Berserker Enchant wont ever make such huge diference.

As for my own expirience with a Warrior, i got mine AFTER Moltdown.
    I did dps race some great Warriors on LoD, but i think i never lost any of them (unless valks decided to pick me up 2-3 out of 3 times). xD
    The main diference in DPS on LoD is movement and how greedy are you willing to be.
    Not saying im anything special, cos Warrior is really nothing special...
    But, when i play as a melee, i do play greedy as hell on that fight, especialy when it comes to Defile, so i guess that was the thing that pushed me on the top.

You can go Crit, Strenght, Haste, nothing of that will make any visible or mind blowing diference when it comes to DPS, since most of it depends on the playstyle (movement and rotation, and RNG on slam procs).
    On paper, 61.8% Crit > arround 5.18% Haste With Umbrage, Aldryanas, Cloak Haste enchant and couple of Haste gems, will be the best option you can get.

As people said, Crit is RNG.
    I remember the time i used to belive crit was the stat to go for...
    I had arround 65%+ crit chance, and yet on 50% of the fights in ICC i did a LOT less crits overall versus a Warrior that had Haste build.
    That was the day i realised that Crit, even tho it looks like a great stat, becomes RNG after u reach BiS state of your char, meaning, 61.8% vs 65% wont make any diference, u might aswell just go for the safe stat which is Haste.

6. @dike

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y.../28/?enc=kills
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...=10623&e=11424

I guess these normal hits are anomaly since you know better.

On LoD fight, no matter what class you are (even Feral Druids) or what you do, there will always be normal hits.
    You saying otherwise means that you are eather lying, or clueless, or maybe even both???
    And again, going for 61.8% flat crit from gear and buffs, will only increase your dps with 3% crit debuff, since Frostbrood has better stats overall.
    and from the first link i see that horn of winter uptime is 90% - pretty much explains those 7 hits from offhand. or for whatever reason ret didnt place judgement in time. or if u and ret attacked differrent valks

still didnt answer me: 104,8 - 24 - (27-8) -3=58,8 - where is mistake?

why im even trying to argue with you. just full buff your warrior, get a dk for horn of winter and ret paladin or shaman for +3% crit and test it on dummy. if u wont see any hits from offhand - blame your ****ing dks and ret palas, whom ure raiding with
    Edited: July 13, 2018

7. Oh, you are right, i forgot about Slacking DKs...
    Yet another reason to go to 61.8%. Ayyy...

Noone said you are wrong on the math part.
    You are wrong to say that on a LoD encounter, as in whileDPSing Lich King 25m HC (boss, ragings, valks), you wont have a normal hit if u go 58.8% crit chance duo to loads of factors.
    Again, ferals with 80% crit have couple of normal hits there...
    Also, i will never agree on going for item with less overall stats. And, one more time, those extra 3% will only help your dps...

I could say the same thing, why arguing the supreme...
    Altho, fun fact, paladin cant judgment 3 valks and a LK in the same time.
    Or we should asign paladins to judgment like they stun, thats an idea.

First 123