1. July 5, 2018  

Hero Dungeons - DPS class

Hello Folks,

I recently started playing on Icecrown. I´ve chosen an elemental shaman, to crush my enemys with the force of nature.
    When I hopped into the first heroic dungeons, I realized, that my damage isn´t that great:
    The most mob groups just die to fast to the melees in the group. It happens a lot, that the evil Monster dies, while I´m still casting.

I know, hero dungeons arent the benchmark of sustainable dps. But two questions to this:

1. Which dps classes / speccs are the best ones for crushing heroic dungeons?
    2. For my elemental shami: Beside chain lighting, my lava totem and fire nova - what other Aoes to use?

Thanks!

2. July 5, 2018  
    Hi.
    It's an old server and a lot of players just steamroll through RDF's like that, I would say Warriors and Retribution paladins can pull some insane AoE damage very fast, But elemental shaman is fairly good later when geared too for rdf's, focus chain lighting most, then lava burst with flame shock up on the biggest enemy.

If you feel like your not contributing to the party when people just kill stuff fast like that, Don't worry about it too much, in their eyes they love it, watching those recount numbers and feeling superior.
    You will get your chans to dps properly when up against raid bosses later in 10 and 25 man dungeons.

3. July 5, 2018  
    1. Which dps classes / speccs are the best ones for crushing heroic dungeons?
    2. For my elemental shami: Beside chain lighting, my lava totem and fire nova - what other Aoes to use?

Thanks!
    1. Them all? If you want to feel useful in quick AoE fights, Warriors, Paladins, Ferals/Balance.
    2. Nothing else that I'd remember.

If you wish to feel more useful in dungeons, or just get quick queue, keep gearing on Elemental and once you've gained some decent gear, get Restoration off-spec and use your Elemental gear for healing in RDF.

4. July 5, 2018  
    Elemental shamans are very fun, even if they're not the best dpsers + the utility they bring to raids is amazing. You have a silence every 5 seconds, on mine I normally top the interrupts in LDW, VDW, earthbind totem in Saurfang and for Valkyrs when hunters are not doing their job, more crit to casters with your totem of wrath, a second life every 30 minutes, off heals when necessary, etc.

5. July 5, 2018  
    Elemental shamans are very fun, even if they're not the best dpsers + the utility they bring to raids is amazing. You have a silence every 5 seconds, on mine I normally top the interrupts in LDW, VDW, earthbind totem in Saurfang and for Valkyrs when hunters are not doing their job, more crit to casters with your totem of wrath, a second life every 30 minutes, off heals when necessary, etc.
    Don't forget Bloodlust / Heroism.
    They can be very good in PvP too.

6. July 5, 2018  
    shamans are for totems and lust
    Edited: July 5, 2018