1. July 7, 2018  

A <Regression> Icecrown

About us:

<Regression> was formed by a group of knowledgeable individuals that are expanding into 25 man raiding. Our aim is to create an environment of like-minded players that love downing bosses, achievement hunting and getting things done in game. We are by no means a Hardcore guild, but that does not mean you leave your brain at the door. We take our raids and more specifically our time seriously while maintaining a positive raid environment. We require that you have the ability to LISTEN effectively and perform your roles in encounters to the best of your ability while having appropriate gear for the content we are raiding at the time.

Requirements

• The ability to UNDERSTAND English.
    • Discord - This is Non Negotiable. You must be able to at least listen and understand to what we are saying.
    • High Attendance (This includes signing up and SHOWING UP for raids and allocating enough time for said raids)
    • Showing up for raids 15mins before raid time. (6PM Server Time M/W/S]
    • Intimate knowledge of your Class+Spec+Role.
    • Appropriate Gear (This includes, Gems + Enchants)
    • The ability to take constructive criticism and any advice given. This may range from class to encounter execution

Recruitment

We are currently recruiting the following specs:

Restoration, Elemental
    Restoration, Cat, Bear, Moonkin
    Combat, Assasination
    Shadow, Discipine
    MM, Survival
    Arcane, Fire (No FFB Mages please >.> )
    Blood (Tanks), Unholy (DPS), Frost (DPS)
    Demonology, Affliction
    Fury, Protection
    Holy, Protection, Retribution

Accomplishments:

Progress: Complete! (Including all Hardmodes)

Spoiler: Show

Progress: Complete! (Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 Player)

Progress: 10H (10/12) 10N (12/12) 25N (12/12)

Click below to apply today :)

Edited: July 13, 2018

2. Bumping thread. Valithira 10 HC Healed
    Edited: July 10, 2018

3. Quick bump,

Still recruiting for runs, clearing meta achievement runs for ulduar/ICC and other fun stuff like weekly undying/herald runs.

In the interest in giving back to our members we currently have guides for each raid, class and spec coming up in the works, with each one having evidence and citations of how it should, does and doesn't work in order to reduce the misinformation you'll find on this forum and around the web, a small teaser of what we've found to be the easiest way of doing herald of the titans (With 6-7 under our belt so far across multiple comps, classes and alts)

https://regression-guild.com/raidguides/herald

https://regression-guild.com/contact
    To apply.
    Edited: July 13, 2018 Reason: added in our raid guide

4. Bump.

Currently recruiting for our herald groups, have DPS spots and a healer spot for those interested, contact any officer in game to see what spec/classes we need the most.

As well as recruiting for our ICC 25 teams and TOGC mount run/Immortal runs.

5. Coldeggs,Warlock. Just joined this server. Ive raided everybit of content on retail and other servers. I like to enjoy myself but also know how to move out of fire. I would like to join your guild.

6. Regression is currently on haitus until September 26th where we're going to be returning to have some fun between Naxx to ICC with gear specific raiding.

Such as undying in ilevel 200 gear.
    TOGC 10 in 226 gear.
    Herald of the Titans (226 gear uld 10)
    ICC in 245/251 gear with 0% buff.

Just some interesting things we feel like doing, we have since shifted from the 25 man raiding scene due to the demand of upkeep, plus it's much more fun to us personally to have a core 10 people show up every week to keep the laughs rolling.

7. Hey Xanaria,

I am about to faction change my Resto druid to the Alliance, that will happen between now and 2 weeks from now. Besides my resto druid I'm levelling a new character which is a MM hunter.

Recently started playing again so I will have to go over the necessary tactics, but I'm experienced enough to pick them up quickly.

Resto druid: Saltyweed, 5,9k GS
    MM Hunter: Phasy, (still levelling though)

I look forward to hearing from you!

8. Regression is currently on haitus until September 26th where we're going to be returning to have some fun between Naxx to ICC with gear specific raiding.

Such as undying in ilevel 200 gear.
    TOGC 10 in 226 gear.
    Herald of the Titans (226 gear uld 10)
    ICC in 245/251 gear with 0% buff.

Just some interesting things we feel like doing, we have since shifted from the 25 man raiding scene due to the demand of upkeep, plus it's much more fun to us personally to have a core 10 people show up every week to keep the laughs rolling.
    This is definately the place to be, if you fancy doing a whole lot of things other than just farming ICC endlessly on 3+ characters a week. If you actually want a decent challenge, where the name of the game is the tough achievements and hardmodes - this is the place to come for just that!

9. We're currently recruiting for our Naxx/Undying/Meta achievement ilevel 200 teams:

Tanks -

2 Warrior - Please understand how to keep threat, balance mitigation/survival and threat gen with your class, This is not ICC, You do not need 30 stam in every slot.

1 Bear - Again, Please understand how to play your class and mix and match your stats for off-tanking/Main tanking and have a viable off-spec in case of comp swaps.

2 Paladin - Be aware of threat management and be prepared to use utility spells in case of emergencies as well as have an off-spec heal/DPS spec.

Healers -

1 Holy/1 Disc Priest - We ask you keep both specs relevant in terms of gear as you will be needed to swap between them depending on comps.

2 Resto Druids - Please understand your haste requirement vs Mp5 requirements at lower gear levels, there's nothing worse than having to ask why a healers out of mana.

3 Holy Paladins - As stated before, be prepared to swap in and out of offspec/main spec depending on comp, fight and bosses.

2 Resto Shamans - We ask that shamans have a high enough attendance rate that we won't have to swap you in and out every raid.

DPS -

2 Rogues (Assassination and combat) - Be able to perform well with your spec and swap specs per boss/raid/comp basis.

2 DK DPS (Frost and Unholy) - Be able to perform well with your spec and swap specs per boss/raid/comp basis.

3 Shadow Priests - Please understand you will be asked to do things like soak, off heal and tank on certain bosses if needed.

2 Ret paladins - Please also be aware you may be asked to swap specs occasionally based entire on raid comp (Holy or Tank offspecs)

3 Elemental Shamans - Be aware we require a high attendance for shamans. We also ask you be prepared to offheal/have a resto offspec from time to time.

NOTE: These class requirements will be influx for a while until a solid core teams will be set up, our goal is to have each of our raid teams achieve the goals before swapping out to alts for other runs.

Ulduar team will be a lot more tight knit comp for maximizing herald of the titans titles but a fair while off that yet (3 months minimum).

10. Are you guys still staying focused on just 10 man, and if so, do you have a strict GS requirement?

I ask, because I just got on this server about 2 months ago. I used to raid in retail, in guilds that competed for server first, but I quit right before ICC came out (I did naxx, uld, etc..). I've hit a bit of a chicken and egg situation on warmane. Pugs won't take you into ICC if you don't have the gear/achievements showing you've already done it, and many guilds that can clear them won't recruit you for same reasons. Which.. cracks me up, since people were raiding ICC with like 5.5k gs, and 0% buff on retail, but whatever.. I'm currently in a guild with a pretty bad GM/raidleader, and we still got to Sindy on first run with 1/3rd pugs.

My main is a DK (currently frost dps w/ blood offspec, but I was frost/unholy specs before and have no problem doing either) and I'm currently just over 5.6k. I also have a few friends, such as a prot/holy paladin, with MT and healing officer experience in a server 1st guild, that I think I can bring over if you'd have them. All are smart, capable players. Many of us REALLY want to do the older raids like naxx/uld (ulduar was my favorite raid of all time) as well, which is why I really like your post here. However, most of us are sitting between 5.3-5.6k range for GS. Getting in on some full clears of ICC would speed that up dramatically, just in the emblems alone, but I understand if that's still too low and we just gotta tough it out till we get a little higher.
    Edited: September 17, 2018 Reason: GS went up

11. Well, based on the above post by Mimz, they are looking for a combination of exactly 25 people - so I think it is safe to assume that 25-man is in scope. (The number prio to the class/role/spec) I believe is the number of said people wanted.

As for GS, the guild is known for caring little about GS and more focussing on item-level. As you can see from the above post, they are entering into Naxx 10/25 with gear of an item-level no higher than 200. (Which means basic RDF Hc + Crafted gear = Blues/entry Purple).

12. Are you guys still staying focused on just 10 man, and if so, do you have a strict GS requirement?

I ask, because I just got on this server about 2 months ago. I used to raid in retail, in guilds that competed for server first, but I quit right before ICC came out (I did naxx, uld, etc..). I've hit a bit of a chicken and egg situation on warmane. Pugs won't take you into ICC if you don't have the gear/achievements showing you've already done it, and many guilds that can clear them won't recruit you for same reasons. Which.. cracks me up, since people were raiding ICC with like 5.5k gs, and 0% buff on retail, but whatever.. I'm currently in a guild with a pretty bad GM/raidleader, and we still got to Sindy on first run with 1/3rd pugs.

My main is a DK (currently frost dps w/ blood offspec, but I was frost/unholy specs before and have no problem doing either) and I'm currently just over 5.6k. I also have a few friends, such as a prot/holy paladin, with MT and healing officer experience in a server 1st guild, that I think I can bring over if you'd have them. All are smart, capable players. Many of us REALLY want to do the older raids like naxx/uld (ulduar was my favorite raid of all time) as well, which is why I really like your post here. However, most of us are sitting between 5.3-5.6k range for GS. Getting in on some full clears of ICC would speed that up dramatically, just in the emblems alone, but I understand if that's still too low and we just gotta tough it out till we get a little higher.
    Hi Enzee,

While we're willing to accept anyone we're always up for new people interested in our goals and way we raid, we're very laid back when it comes to gear and the like as all of us have raided medium to high end in the past like yourselves and know that gear doesn't always = skill.

In regards to your current gear range, that would be fine if you wanted to join for ICC but right now ICC isn't exactly the focus (because after 5+ years of running that god awful raid who isn't burned out of doing it every week on multiple character) so we're setting our sights again at the bottom of the totem pole and working our way back up as we've done a couple times back to back. Though there's usually a couple people on who're just up for making a few pug groups a week for raids like ICC/RS/TOGC etc just for the fun of it and for quick gearing alts outside of guild raids.

also as Beba said above, our main focus is 10s but with the hope of shifting activity back up to the 25 range if we can get a steady dedicated core (which is harder than you think on this realm)

TL;DR - We accept everyone willing to try out our unique raiding system for guild raids like naxx/ulduar at current item level and can even help with making some ICCs/TOGC/RS runs on off days and 10/25 if there's people otherwise 2x-3x10 man teams.

13. Ok, perfect. I wasnt sure if you were open to getting to 25 (but just hadnt found enough players that fit) or specifically wanted to avoid it.
    Well, i filled out an app, lemme know what the next step might be. I wish i had saved some more of my ilvl200 gear that i replaced recently, but ill start farming heroics again with those goals in mind. Doing those kinds of naxx/uld runs is exactly the kind of challenge i like, just didnt expect to be doing them so soob.
    P.s. please dont use my char name here unless you are willing to ginvite :) staying in this guild till i find the right home.

14. Ok, perfect. I wasnt sure if you were open to getting to 25 (but just hadnt found enough players that fit) or specifically wanted to avoid it.
    Well, i filled out an app, lemme know what the next step might be. I wish i had saved some more of my ilvl200 gear that i replaced recently, but ill start farming heroics again with those goals in mind. Doing those kinds of naxx/uld runs is exactly the kind of challenge i like, just didnt expect to be doing them so soob.
    P.s. please dont use my char name here unless you are willing to ginvite :) staying in this guild till i find the right home.
    Well we're willing to accept alts and all the likes, if you could whisper someone online in the guild when you get the chance if you want invited on any toon.

15. Hello there, do you see any chance of inviting a former members of the "progression"? I've been removed due to inactivity, still it was some quality time spent here on warmane during the progression times which i'm missing so much. cheers

123 ... Last