1. July 9, 2018  

Holypal holywar: Haste or Int (and other stuff)?

Since holy pal guides on this forum are outdated (imo), i'd like to start the discussion about hpal current state.

Haste or Int? I know plenty hpals who either stack only int or only haste (with dfo and casters scale for example). Both groups say their stat is best. Int hpals have infinitive mana pool, ez mana management. Haste hpals have wee mana pool, they have to manage their mana every fight (with guild you have inners/mana tides/mana hymns), but those fast HLs are really saving asses. I myself stay @1340 haste (1.1 HL raidbuffed, 1.0 with engi hands, 0.9 with BL+hands) which is something between these two, but i couldn't find any resource with other HL haste caps. Tho lets discuss and make some conclusuions!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Another big question is about Valanyr hpal. What do you think about its current state (after JoL was nerfed)? Also about SP gemming - does it worth it?. I saw some hpals having unfamiliar gemming: sp, mp5, int, for socket sp bonuses. What do you think about that?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Aaand lets also touch trauma and trinkets.
    What is the trauma current state? Year ago hpal with trauma was very powerful. NM and HC version difference?
    Nowadays meteorite crystal seems obsolete for me. It was very powerful back in the time with 2 beacon stacks per cast, but now it seems like it's better to go for pandora or solace (for mp regen) or scale. It is broken for a year or so. Your trinket setup?

Guys, your opinion and expirience are appreciated here! Post your thoughts!

2. July 9, 2018  
    I summon forth,
    DEMMYE, THE DOG KID OF HOLY PALADINS!
    Demmye: go intel or delete.

3. July 9, 2018  
    The popularity of Haste paladins has to do with how being over-geared and having the 30% buff trivializes encounters. Intellect does give you a fair amount of Crit and Sp, but in terms of pure throughput Haste is better. Apart from the sheer hps lead Haste enjoys, there's also a practical, life-saving value to having your heals land quicker. Where mana is never an issue, Haste performs well because it essentially converts the excess mana you'd sit on by the end of the fight into healing.

On longer fights which actually matter, Intellect shines. It allows you to continue your Holy Light spam for a longer duration uninterrupted, whereas a Paladin with a smaller mana pool might have to break for mana and attempt to regen some via Seal of Wisdom. Intellect makes Divine Plea and Replenishment stronger. It reduces the frequency with which you have to Divine Plea, which also means you're often able to occasionally save Divine Illumination/Wings as a healing CD as opposed to merely a CD to offset Divine Plea's penalty with.

Your main purpose as a Hpally in 3.3's end-game is to guarantee a strong and constant influx of tank healing on your targets. Intellect helps you perform this role better. Haste helps you cheese healing meters on irrelevant fights but compromises tank stability on any fight that's long enough to test your mana because it creates more dead time in between Holy Light spam.

Val'anyr is OP. Preventing damage before it goes out is a precious boon. Every Val'anyr proc on a Hpally is like a small CD being popped for the tanks the Hpally is healing. Don't worry too much about the JoL change. The healing from JoL can be provided by any Paladin anyway, so unless there's 2 or less Paladins in a raid, the JoL isn't actually an extra benefit. There's no real reason to favour the Hpally for JoL duty. Val'anyr improves the healing that's actually exclusive to you (your direct healing, beacon of light, and the glyph of HL), and that's what matters.

4. July 9, 2018  
    Val'anyr is OP. Preventing damage before it goes out is a precious boon. Every Val'anyr proc on a Hpally is like a small CD being popped for the tanks the Hpally is healing. Don't worry too much about the JoL change. The healing from JoL can be provided by any Paladin anyway, so unless there's 2 or less Paladins in a raid, the JoL isn't actually an extra benefit. There's no real reason to favour the Hpally for JoL duty. Val'anyr improves the healing that's actually exclusive to you (your direct healing, beacon of light, and the glyph of HL), and that's what matters.
    Umm holy pals JoL heals more because of "Judgements of the Pure" talent i think, tho it's not the point. Thing is that JoL was changed as separate thing, physical atack, and JoL heals aren't building your shields, while they did before. Thats why i called it "nerf".

5. Neither Judgements of the Pure, nor any other talent increases the healing done by the JoL to others. The Vala'nyr shield thing was a bonus before that shouldn't have existed, but even after the fix Val'anyr still buffs healing that can only be dealt by you, and that's what matters. That's mostly the way it is for every other healer too.

6. Neither Judgements of the Pure, nor any other talent increases the healing done by the JoL to others. The Vala'nyr shield thing was a bonus before that shouldn't have existed, but even after the fix Val'anyr still buffs healing that can only be dealt by you, and that's what matters. That's mostly the way it is for every other healer too.
    https://imgur.com/lPqf4aV
    https://imgur.com/R3Kdfea
    https://imgur.com/XJ9RHh2

Naked. 163 retri, 179 holy. But ya, i was wrong, talent affecting that is divinity in prot spec.

ANYWAYS. It's not the topic about is valanyr great or not - it obviously is (not :D). What i wanted to question - how much absorb did we lose after that april JoL nerf and how did that affect our gameplay? And also what do u think about SP stacking as valanyr hpal?
    Edited: July 10, 2018

7. It increases healing done to you. But not to anyone else.

It applies twice to you (163*1.05*1.05 = ~179). The first time is because you proccing JoL is counted as you performing a heal. The second time because all healing you take is increased 5%.

8. Bumping cause I couldn't find an answer-
    Does val'anyr shield proc on target buffed with beacon of light?
    I.e tank with beacon on him, not being directly healed, but via beacon?

9. Bumping cause I couldn't find an answer-
    Does val'anyr shield proc on target buffed with beacon of light?
    I.e tank with beacon on him, not being directly healed, but via beacon?
    Yes, it works and this is how it should work.