1. This really saddens me. I’ve donated probably close to or over 5k USD because I believed in the vision that Molten and then Warmane had for all the realms and the player base. However, unless you love WOTLK and TBC, I find the lack of transparency very disrespectful and insulting. I’m not loyal to any single realm bc I play on all of them because they each provide a unique experience for me. With that said I’m just wondering if the operating costs of keeping Nelth up and running was simply too much for the small amount of people that still played there?
    At least horde-side there were only like 10+ players on the whole server at any one time. You were lucky to find even enough to do a heroic 5man.

I would expect that this much of a population collapse would translate into the server not being worth keeping live any more :/

and I say that as a cata-specific player.

It's not a bundle of joy that they are turning it off, but I understand.

Related to some of the other posts in this thread. How Nelth got to the state it's in now is kinda water under the bridge, but I'll mention this since I was there and paying attention for the whole population collapse and such. It was in a sense a perfect storm that drew players away from the relatively-buggy Cata server to the much more interesting-at-the-time (and possibly less-buggy) wrath/outland/etc servers. Then once those servers were up, Warmane devs began working on Nelth in earnest, but it was too late. The players had largely launched over to other expac servers. In that short interval the devs got a LOT of work done on Hyjal and some done in Deepholm, as I recall. But then with the players already gone, what was the point of continuing all that, I guess.

2. I'll be real honest with you guys.

You're not entitled to anything here, you're playing a private server, you 'donated' your money to them. Frankly, they can do whatever they want with it, sure, it's wrong, but they're not obligated to give you anything back, because you 'donated' this on your own accord.

"DONATIONS ARE MADE ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS IN APPRECIATION OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. WARMANE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY FINANCIAL OBLIGATION WITH RESPECT TO DONATIONS. "

But on a side note, I would like to receive any form of compensation, however, they're not obligated to do anything.

3. Many posts here sound like the poster skipped that part:

and the entire state of characters will be preserved for the future if in any event the demand for the cataclysm expansion arises.

Meaning that nothing will be erased, just unavailable, which is different. Should we ever bring Cataclysm back, the characters will be all there. But then, you speak about the odds of that happening. Yes, they are low, due to the lack of interest from the community itself. I see it like when I remove a board from the forum, like the localized ones. If community want to revive it and keep it active, I just turn it visible again.

Maybe in the future with more people interested to upgrade from Lich King to Cataclysm and have a sense of progress and our devs have more time to dedicate to other expansions, we can just resume it from where it stopped.

4. I don't know how you managed to read that from what I said, but nobody said that you will lose everything.

Choosing to be offended by "We're working on it, we will let you know when it's ready to go" is just that - a choice.

May I ask why you feel that matters? Or do you think the handful of people who still played there should be left on the realm to rot instead of being allowed to take their characters elsewhere?
    Mercy, you are absolutely correct, it is my choice to feel that way. However that in no way implies any disrespect to you or other staff. My expectations were based off the interactions and communication that the player base had leading up to and after the the start Warmane due to what happened in the past.

And I really don’t know the minds of the few who chose/choose to still play. Maybe they are so attached to their toons that a dead sever is better than no server. Or maybe they are happy with the chance to transfer. I’m thankful as I’m sure most are that we will be given that chance but the question still stands...

5. can we rather actually know when would this be avaible to us? in what period of time if you don't know the real date

6. I'd like to state that this Owlkin guy speaks for nobody here. Making it seem like everyone here overall, is some entitled B***h.We are just trying to have fun, I am pretty sure everyone here besides that guy can grasp the concept of losing everything, with minor rewards. But It's obvious everyone is trying to tell you they want their coins refunded, in multiple/different ways lol. The people against that, im sure are donators on other realms who just dont want more donated noobs on their server. Realistically there is nothing wrong with what you guys are doing, its just all of us greedy bastards trying to soak the most we can from how much money we put onto the cata realm, considering the prices for that **** was horrendous !
    All in all please just make it rewarding for us to lose our bis donated characters. We will still be here and even then, you will probably lose a cpl hardcore raiders but your worries should be about bringing in fresh meat anyways.
    thanks for being polite considering the amount of passive aggressiveness in this thread.

&just a thought btw: Considering the Que amount you should probably just open another ICC realm. x20 like the old day maybe just to take the weight off the que amount.

7. Yeah, in the end, they do piss off the loudest minority in the community, but, still, you're not entitled to compensation because of bad publicity and backlash, if they do any form of it, it's out of goodwill. I'm pretty sure Warmane isn't obligated to give you any form of compensation because you voluntarily put your own finances into this server. If there's any similarities, think of yourself as an at-will employee.
    That's completely *****ic. It's true that there's nothing Warmane is obligated to do, legally or contractually. But it is a gross violation of trust to let a server die (partly due to neglect) and wipe the entirety of the time donors spent supporting and playing there, without refunding AT LEAST all the coins we spent there. That undermines any value and trust that donors have that Warmane won't **** them over just because they picked the "wrong" realm to spend their money on. It literally costs them nothing but organizational effort to show good will to the donor base and prove that they stand by the value of supporting the server.

8. 12 pages later only one player remembers that the community was warned there will be limited to no updates on Nelth and yet they accepted it instead of mergeing with a wotlk or MoP server.

9. That's completely *****ic. It's true that there's nothing Warmane is obligated to do, legally or contractually. But it is a gross violation of trust to let a server die (partly due to neglect) and wipe the entirety of the time donors spent supporting and playing there, without refunding AT LEAST all the coins we spent there. That undermines any value and trust that donors have that Warmane won't **** them over just because they picked the "wrong" realm to spend their money on. It literally costs them nothing but organizational effort to show good will to the donor base and prove that they stand by the value of supporting the server.
    expecting free coins because the server you chose to play on is no longer around is *****ic. you were never given any guarantee when you donated that the realm would be around forever. deal with it.

10. That's completely *****ic. It's true that there's nothing Warmane is obligated to do, legally or contractually. But it is a gross violation of trust to let a server die (partly due to neglect) and wipe the entirety of the time donors spent supporting and playing there, without refunding AT LEAST all the coins we spent there. That undermines any value and trust that donors have that Warmane won't **** them over just because they picked the "wrong" realm to spend their money on. It literally costs them nothing but organizational effort to show good will to the donor base and prove that they stand by the value of supporting the server.
    You literally lost the argument the moment you agreed with me. Just stop, lol.

11. expecting free coins because the server you chose to play on is no longer around is *****ic. you were never given any guarantee when you donated that the realm would be around forever. deal with it.
    Using the phrase "free coins" is *****ic. What part of it was free?

You literally lost the argument the moment you agreed with me. Just stop, lol.
    Now you're literally just being puerile. If you don't understand the point, don't respond, thanks.

12. Now you're literally just being puerile. If you don't understand the point, don't respond, thanks.

Lmao, whatever "point" you made I already "pointed" out for you. You being not able to read context is you being "puerile."

Warmane doesn't owe you anything, frankly, it's their server and they can do whatever they want to it. As donors or premium members, we voluntarily gave them coins for this server and they owe nothing from us.

It would be a completely different story if they forced a pay-wall for us, but no, there isn't.

Take a look at the DONATION section with Warmane's Refund / ToS policy, maybe it'll shed some light for you.

13. You've obviously failed to understand my point and continue to fail to do so. It's your need to be perceived as legally right that's puerile here. Calm down, you're not their lawyer and I don't need you to say for the nth time that they have no legal obligation to do anything.

Maybe if you read hard enough, you'll see the difference between legal obligation and moral obligation. There's nothing wrong with showing good will to donors who have supported the server.

Also I'm curious where you staunch defenders of Warmane's responsibilities come from. How many of you have spent any significant amount of coin on Neltharion or are you just here out of schadenfraude and enjoy the losses Neltharion players/donors are going through?

14. If im migrate, can i back again later?

If the realm of cataclysm will come back to be enabled and I already migrates my characters to woltk or mop. Can I have them back or already available to play them again in the new realm of ctaclysm?

15. This reminds me of a scene in Priates of the Carribean
    When Pirates of the Caribbean was at its best.

Also I'm curious where you staunch defenders of Warmane's responsibilities come from. How many of you have spent any significant amount of coin on Neltharion or are you just here out of schadenfraude and enjoy the losses Neltharion players/donors are going through?
    I've donated over 1k Euros in Neltharion, I lost 13 full geared chars, titles, achivements, 2 guilds (both level 25) that I owned and a lot of gold. I don't feel like warmane needs to give me anything back. If they simply opened a fresh new cata realm I would be very happy even without a refound of all those things.

First ... 91011121321 ... Last