1. yea sounds good. Just invest another 150 days until you get everything again. Simple right? no, casual players simply don't have that much time and should get compensated for that. It took me a long time to BiS up my chars. Some ppl might enjoy gearing, i don't.
    Would you want a compensation if Warmane would be shut down completely, for example, by Blizzard? The realm is being shut down, they are thinking of some sort of system for transfers.

What happens to coins that were spent on items for Cata characters?

Lol ridiculous rly , closed server and fu** ppl !

THANKS WARMANE !!!
    Coins were a gift from Warmane, just as your money was a donation to Warmane. Private servers and their realms tend to be closed, deal with it. As mentioned, there will be some sort of transfer system available for you, which is being worked on.

(I'm not saying they won't refund coins as I'm not member of staff, I'm saying that it is their choice and freedom to give them back or not, they are not obliged to do so morally or by law.)

2. Will the character's gear scale to that of the expansion we're transfering to? and if we already have characters on the other realm will they merge or will we just need to have multiple classes? really want an answer on this.

3. Would you want a compensation if Warmane would be shut down completely, for example, by Blizzard? The realm is being shut down, they are thinking of some sort of system for transfers.

Coins were a gift from Warmane, just as your money was a donation to Warmane. Private servers and their realms tend to be closed, deal with it. As mentioned, there will be some sort of transfer system available for you, which is being worked on.

(I'm not saying they won't refund coins as I'm not member of staff, I'm saying that it is their choice and freedom to give them back or not, they are not obliged to do so morally or by law.)
    Personally id rather have some or all coins returned ,I already have a full account on Ice crown and have no desire to play Mist or another server.

4. Will the character's gear scale to that of the expansion we're transfering to? and if we already have characters on the other realm will they merge or will we just need to have multiple classes? really want an answer on this.
    The system is still being developed, you'll have to wait and see...

Personally id rather have some or all coins returned ,I already have a full account on Ice crown and have no desire to play Mist or another server.
    About coins - depends if Warmane staff is in a good mood, regards the characters - they might use the same system they used for Deathwing/Ragnaros merge.

5. I'm sort of curious about this: "All characters will be duplicated and will be available on Frostwolf or Icecrown to play."

Don't you think it's time to promote Lordaeron a little bit? It doesn't exactly feel populated, worse so day by day.

6. I'm sort of curious about this: "All characters will be duplicated and will be available on Frostwolf or Icecrown to play."

Don't you think it's time to promote Lordaeron a little bit? It doesn't exactly feel populated, worse so day by day.
    Wouldn't Lordaeron people be like "you cata filth who didn't even level on x1 what the hell do you know of struggle" or something like that? (I mean, you get my point, right?)

7. We got 'savior of azeroth' title
    Will we get Bane of the fallen king
    Or like "firelord" can we get the immortal?
    nah in the case of titles, if they dont exist in LK i think it wouldnt be accurate to mirror them to something else in LK. titles are gained thru ingame progress, so if you have a title from cata for a cata raid, that doesnt mean you can do bane in LK, does it?

8. Wouldn't Lordaeron people be like "you cata filth who didn't even level on x1 what the hell do you know of struggle" or something like that? (I mean, you get my point, right?)
    well i wouldnt care what they think.
    but the problem with lordaeron is that they have a different shop system which is very limited in comparison with icecrown which meets the same conditions as the cata realms (no limits what so ever in regards of having normal version of item before buying HC version, etc).

9. well i wouldnt care what they think.
    but the problem with lordaeron is that they have a different shop system which is very limited in comparison with icecrown which meets the same conditions as the cata realms (no limits what so ever in regards of having normal version of item before buying HC version, etc).
    actually i dont think it would be fair to lordaeron players if the same transference conditions (all coins to buy whatever item you want). i think if you transfer to lordaeron you should have less "purchase possibilities" in the coinshop with your coins that if you were transfering to icecrown.

10. Funny how a lot of people don't even bother reading Proterean's post lol.

And as Mercy said expecting to get naked characters is ridiculous. Warmane would benefit greatly by compensating for the "lost" characters.
    Obviously Warmane wants to keep their players that's why they will offer a transfer to another server. Nelth has a lot of BiS characters whose owners quit the server a long time ago (including myself). The transfer option will bring back a lot of players that quit (including myself). They will not give out naked characters and expect people to donate a ton of money again to be relevant because put simply people won't do it, nor will they start playing on their server again. Giving out naked characters would completely ruin any potential profits they can make from the transfers. And from what I've seen Warmane knows how to run a profitable business otherwise they'd be long gone.

I am positive the compensation will be fair because it will benefit them from a business standpoint. Always remember that money makes the world go around.

11. It will be allowed to transfer all the characters to Frostwolf? Just great, i´m waiting for that for a long time, thanks Warmane.

12. So if we're going to merge our chars on another, some1 is saying that we're going to lose some gear, also about mount, achivs, etc.
    Also there's a problem with DONORS well ppl spent their money and coins for Cata now they're not going to get any refund so it's again losing something.

Since i'm playing Cata 3 years and i lost a lot of nervs and friends because server wasn't scripted so population was low. We were waiting for the updates a lot of the time, and we saw a lot of promisses. But what i want to say is, Why do we need to lose anything, didn't we lose a lot on this not scripted server?

13. So if we're going to merge our chars on another, some1 is saying that we're going to lose some gear, also about mount, achivs, etc.
    Also there's a problem with DONORS well ppl spent their money and coins for Cata now they're not going to get any refund so it's again losing something.

Since i'm playing Cata 3 years and i lost a lot of nervs and friends because server wasn't scripted so population was low. We were waiting for the updates a lot of the time, and we saw a lot of promisses. But what i want to say is, Why do we need to lose anything, didn't we lose a lot on this not scripted server?
    Please, read previous pages before posting. Will address your points in their order:
    1) Yes, according to the staff, you will have the choice to go either to Icecrown or Frostwolf (WotLK or MoP respectively).
    2) Yes, in WotLK you cannot have Cata gear, mounts and achievements, I believe the reason to be obvious. But that does not mean your characters will be naked. What exactly will they have? That is something Warmane is currently working on, they will post an update once they will have come to one.
    3) Warmane does not owe to refund anything legally or morally. If they will or not and to what extent - yet to be announced.
    4) I am not sure why you were waiting for updates. If I recall correctly, in 2016 or beginning of 2017 it was stated that there will be close to no development for Cataclysm after a vote, when it was voted to keep the cata open but without updates rather than merging it into Frostwolf.

14. So much salt, y'all need to chill really, as said Warmane staff doesn't owe y'all anything! Be happy with whatever they offer us, it's their free and good will to compensate the time you've spend ingame. I'll be happy with whatever staff offers, also donation thing - it was yours decision to donate and spend those coins on items, no one pushed you to do it!

15. honestly, just ditch the gear conversion and offer coin compensation like what was posted here in the previous comments. i would like for all my coin to be returned back, but i wouldn't expect it, ya know?

either way ya'll, they don't owe us anything and we shouldn't really expect anything.

if u consider it, they kept the server up for so long as a fan service and goodwill; any char upgrade or downgrade will most likely be fan service as well.

First ... 71516171819 ... Last