1. July 9, 2018  

Prot Donation Points

I recently donated to avoid queue times and donated enough to be able to purchase a BiS end-game item. I'm leveling my warrior right now, and am undecided on which piece of tanking piece would be best to start at 80 with. I was leaning towards the tier chest or legs, but maybe a shield might be better for block value?

What do you think?

2. I would say:
    *Level a diferent class if you want to tank. Or...
    *Get Glorenzelg for Fury Warrior and go DPS if u want to play a Warrior. Or...
    *If you still insist on playing only a Warrior Tank and nothing else, i guess Shield from BQL is a good item choice...

P.S. Warrior is the worst tanking class/spec in this expansion. You can encounter some people that wont inv you to groups cos of that, or others flaming you cos something bad happened.
    You can solve this by working hard and trying to be the best Warrior out there.
    Altho, again, doing the sam with a Paladin tank for example, will be a lot more rewarding (everyone wants a paladin tank in the group).

Best of luck.

Shield name is:
    "Icecrown Glacial Wall (heroic)" - 277 item level

3. Thanks for the reply man,

Are warrior tanks really that bad that people don't want to queue with them? I have read on the forums that this happens occasionally, but is it really an issue? How much worse are warrior tanks that people won't invite them into raids?

Is DK tanking preferred / easy to master? I have limited play experience with DKs.

Also, is fury dps > arms dps?

4. I mean dont get me wrong, if you know what you are doing, you will get inved.
    Just master the class and you will be fine, if you reeeeally want to play Warrior only.
    But, big BUT, if you play the Paladin for example, and master that class instead, you will be a lot more usefull in many situations on top of beeing more relyable.
    You can make Warrior work as a Tank, but other classes are simply more rewarding.

Paladin > Feral Bear > DK tank.
    That is what id advise you, if you are new to the game...

As for Fury vs Arms...
    End Game: Fury 100%.
    Early Game: depends, but they are mostly the same since at low gear both specs will do low dps, simply bcos warrior dps is highly gear dependant.
    But, if you work hard enough, you can make that work aswell.

Go level a Paladin and see how it goes, and que a lot of RDF as a Tank after u reach lvl 60+.
    Compare the two playstyles and go with the one you like more...

P.S. lvling a paladin will be a pain in the *** for first couple of levels. After you get Crusader Strike and Seal of Command, things get a bit easyer.

5. Prot warriors are not "bad", per se - it's just that other tanks are better. They can do the same things warriors can, but with less effort and while bringing additional benefits. Still, warriors are my favorite class in the game so I find them fun and rewarding enough for me to stick to them.

About Arms vs Fury DPS: Arms can out-DPS Fury until around 5k - 5.5k GS, but it is a lot harder to play than Fury. After you reach end-game content, Arms simply caps out due to game mechanics that Fury doesn't suffer from.