1. When the hell did this happen?

A year ago no one did this, and now absolutely every goddamn pug leader will hold the loot until PP and then after BQL! I get it, they wanna reach further than DBS, but goddamnit, sometimes a person just has to leave but all the loot they could've had, not even a chance cause the leader won't roll :)
    Raids will usually take 2 to 3 hours, if you do not have the time to spare for the session then do not join, simple.

Like yesterday when I was in ICC10 as an only cloth, I had to go after BPC, but the goddamn leader wouldn't roll until the BQL is dead. Well, screw you. I'm not gonna force myself to stay to get a ****ty normal cloth loot, have fun disenchanting the loot someone could've used it.
    Feel free to leave raids, you will only not get loot until the loot timer is running out or raid is over.

Anyways, it's stupid and stop doing it. Pugs aren't meant for a LK run, sure some succeed, but join a goddamn guild instead holding the loot for 2 hours.
    I'm in a guild and I sometimes want to do pugs for the toons that I haven't used, good thing there are methods to prevent kids from coming and going as they please and still get rewarded for it. Most of my pugs get to LK thanks to those filters :^)

2. I don't pug but if I did, I'd look for such a group because I'm not looking to waste my or other people's time and I don't want mine wasted either.

I love that this form of insurance exists against such people, I can only imagine the kinds of people whining about this are the flakes that join a group and want to flake out early once they get their drop despite how much it inconveniences everyone else. Screw them.

Remember, you're well within your rights to form your own little group of flakes and have a competition to see who can get their drop first and leave the rest locked on a 2-3 boss raid.
    Edited: July 23, 2018

3. good thing there are methods to prevent kids from coming and going as they please and still get rewarded for it. Most of my pugs get to LK thanks to those filters :^)
    What are these magical methods you speak of? Teach me master.

4. I love that this form of insurance exists against such people, I can only imagine the kinds of people whining about this are the flakes that join a group and want to flake out early once they get their drop despite how much it inconveniences everyone else. Screw them.

Remember, you're well within your rights to form your own little group of flakes and have a competition to see who can get their drop first and leave the rest locked on a 2-3 boss raid.
    There are a few options that can happen. Lead suddenly leaves the raid or items are hold back/go to the wrong person and there is no option to report a raidlead who works around the lootmaster system. Raid lead can hold items back even when the raid wiped 10 times and will probably never reach its target.

If i attend a pug, everything further than first wing is just a bonus but not the expected goal. Holding items back until PP does not hold people in the raid, just makes it easier to ninja. If something went wrong, people leave anyway, it is not like that everyone in the raids needs an item from the first few bosses.

5. What are these magical methods you speak of? Teach me master.
    Not magical at all, but I've pmed you 3-4 suggestions that normally work okay for me.

6. I wont go through each and every single reply on this post. i host pug runs for icc 25 nm and hc both myself. i dont have time for anyone who just joined for a loot like shield from marrowgar, neck from gunship etc. so that when leader rolls it you leave. Bingo ! i wont waste mine and other 23 ppl's time just because you have to go. cant stay in raid for 2 hours ? dont join then. simple.

Family is important, but the fact is other 24 has nothing to do regarding it in a pug run. if you have such issues, either join a guild or dont join pugs and spam bgs for fun.

if you dont like, dont join it.

7. Warmane Staff can solve this problem like Blizz did :) just make the save on BOSS not on the whole raid and then the problem will be solved

8. If somehow we get icecrown version of OpenRaid pug raiding will improve so much.That's how i raided in whole Legion w/o been in a guild and had zero problems.Warmane exist for so many years and the population is so high,i don't know how no one did openraid for warmane at this point.
    Edited: July 28, 2018

9. Warmane Staff can solve this problem like Blizz did :) just make the save on BOSS not on the whole raid and then the problem will be solved
    Im sorry but how would that not escalate the problem even further?
    For example, I join a raid where they are at Saurfang, After the raid is finnished, I go join a fresh ICC to kill 3 first bosses then just to leave.
    How would this not only create the rate of leavers in every raid?

10. I am in a guild but have to do pugs sometimes as I often find myself busy on raidtimes and my schedule is far from regular. However I can't remember last time I had to quit mid raid. I rather risk some ninja looting (I dont join raids where leader needs same item as me) or leader goin off-line with all items than people leaving cuz they didn't win (or did win) an item. That being said from a pug attendee, not raid leader.

11. Openraid helped me supplement my gear in Pandaria. It was absolutely phenomenal and most people were competent enough to get through the raid. I have no idea why pugging ICC is such an ordeal here.

12. Im sorry but how would that not escalate the problem even further?
    For example, I join a raid where they are at Saurfang, After the raid is finnished, I go join a fresh ICC to kill 3 first bosses then just to leave.
    How would this not only create the rate of leavers in every raid?
    Well that's why Blizzard also made raids Flex format 10-30,where bosses scale up with number of players,so if someone wanna leave after 2-3 bosses the res of the raid can keep going.It also work very well if you have killed first bosses and wanna join only for last few.However clearly non of this things can be added into WOTLK client.
    Edited: July 30, 2018

First 123