1. Resto Shaman Tank Heal

I'm hoping for some advise of good resto shamans on how to go about tank healing in ICC, especially fights with consistent Tank Dmg like BPC, LK or DBS
    Which gems and which rota should i go for?

As of now, i am topping healing charts as group healer with haste gems + 4 Set bonus. However its a different thing when Tank Heal in thos solo dmg heavy fights.
    I run out of mana quickly and struggle to keep tanks alive.

For that reason i started gathering gear with crit+mp5 (instead of haste) which i gem for SP and SP slot bonus (SP mp5 / SP int). Is this a valid strategy, or should i go full SP or SP/Haste? I'm almost haste softcap.

Furthermore, which would be the best rota? I find myself spamming LHW most of the fights, which do crit quiet frequently and use Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave. However i find that tanks drop really low when i apply Earth shield / Riptide. Should I just go for LHW spam and ignore Glyphed Riptide Proc / Glyphed Earth Shield Bonus?

As our guild really lacks HPals i find myself being MT more often then not and really hope to improve my healing for my guild.

Your critique and opinion is much appreciated
    Edited: July 10, 2018

2. Earth Shield is amazing not just for its proc but also for its buff to LHW from the LHW glyph. You shouldn't delay its reapplication too much. Delaying it about 4 seconds is fine because it has an ICD of 4.5-ish seconds anyway, but any more than that isn't good. If your tanks are really getting hammered so much that you can't spare the GCD to reapply it, that means your other healers aren't helping with tank healing as much as they should.

You have the right idea about how to tank heal. Healing Wave is not sustainable to spam. It's your emergency big heal for when LHW won't cut it. LHW is a lot more sustainable to spam, and procs Ancestral Awakening with greater frequency which is great for either topping off stray damage with, or for increasing the size of the total heal that lands on the tank. I'd change the Riptide glyph to the Earth Shield one. When primarily tank healing or being an assistant tank healer (which rshams so often are) you're best served with Chain Heal + Earth Shield + LHW glyphs. Make sure you also have Earth Shield specced. Would've been more helpful if you'd linked your armoury.

As for the gear and gems, it's technically correct that both Crit and mp5 are worthwhile options to explore if you're after sustainability and are focusing on tank healing, but I'd suggest you first make sure you've exhausted all other avenues of mana return. Are your Druids innervating you? Are your Priests using Hymn of Hope? Are they putting Power Word: Shield on themselves so their Hymn of Hope doesn't lose ticks from pushback due to stray raid damage? Are you using the mana restoration meta-gem and mana potions? Are there lapses in your Replenishment or Water Shield uptime (if you don't track Water Shield, it's almost certain that you have more Water Shield downtime than you realize).

3. Thanks for your elaborate response, DarkenedHue. As there is of now, no contra argument i will use your tipsSo it is really driving towards haste priorization on the stats. I'll keep the options in mind. I'm sure there were more used Healing Waves then there should be according to your rotation. That could cut mana costs. Then we will have a talk how to keep mana more efficient. The red bull talk.

4. I'm hoping for some advise of good resto shamans on how to go about tank healing in ICC, especially fights with consistent Tank Dmg like BPC, LK or DBS
    Which gems and which rota should i go for?

As of now, i am topping healing charts as group healer with haste gems + 4 Set bonus. However its a different thing when Tank Heal in thos solo dmg heavy fights.
    I run out of mana quickly and struggle to keep tanks alive.

For that reason i started gathering gear with crit+mp5 (instead of haste) which i gem for SP and SP slot bonus (SP mp5 / SP int). Is this a valid strategy, or should i go full SP or SP/Haste? I'm almost haste softcap.

Furthermore, which would be the best rota? I find myself spamming LHW most of the fights, which do crit quiet frequently and use Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave. However i find that tanks drop really low when i apply Earth shield / Riptide. Should I just go for LHW spam and ignore Glyphed Riptide Proc / Glyphed Earth Shield Bonus?

As our guild really lacks HPals i find myself being MT more often then not and really hope to improve my healing for my guild.

Your critique and opinion is much appreciated
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?323638

5. Thanks for your elaborate response, DarkenedHue. As there is of now, no contra argument i will use your tipsSo it is really driving towards haste priorization on the stats. I'll keep the options in mind. I'm sure there were more used Healing Waves then there should be according to your rotation. That could cut mana costs. Then we will have a talk how to keep mana more efficient. The red bull talk.
    I think that DarkenedHue respond to you pretty detailed and comprehensively. Just to add - have also in mind that Tidal Waves is the key for your flexability via 25% more critical chance for LHW or/and faster HW, Tidal Force is your key for maximum throughput and mana return.
    Edited: July 20, 2018