1. That wasn't supposed to be a personal attack or an insult. I saw an idea (you should avoid Pallypower) I completely disagree with and I decided to join a friendly discussion. It's opposite of "getting bothered" - I enjoy it. If at some point I will stop enjoying it, I will simply stop commenting.
    Wasn't aimed at you. They know who they are.

I have been playing paladin since 2012 and I have no idea what you just said here, I am sorry. Paladins SHOULD learn how those buffs work - which specs provide improved buffs, which other classes' buffs stack or doesn't stack with yours, which classes actually need each of your buffs etc etc. However, I can't see how Pallypower gets in a way of learning all those things. You, the player, set it up whatever way you want it, which classes get which buffs. It doesn't force you to do right decision (buff) or forbid you from doing dumb decision - it basically gives you a visualization of entire raid's buffs and removes the requirement to target another player. That's it.
    The vast majority of times I've seen it used in practice, the raid leader assigns buffs to specific paladins. These players often being the ones who don't understand which specs should get which buffs (like giving a Holy Priest Wisdom instead of Kings because they already have Sanctuary). That's assuming you can get them to use their buffs at all without having to spam them or yell at them.
    Then I, on the other hand, when grouped with a raid leader who knows me well enough will almost never assign me to a buff because they know I will always provide an appropriate one without being asked.

KIND OF off-topic, but in my opinion the idea is the same: do you think Power Auras do everything for you and you should avoid this addon while you are playing a spec that requires you to track talent/trinket procs? Because... with Power Auras showing your procs clearly you somehow don't have to learn your spec anymore?
    I'd say it's a pretty distinct difference between having an addon track a proc and having an addon that tells you to use Crusader Strike next.

It's actually 30 minutes, not 60. Not the point though.
    I've confused it with my buffs on live then. Either way, more than long enough to outlast any boss encounter.

After the boss encounter, sure, you can see who died and who didn't. The problem comes after you buff them. :) Some of the raid members have 13 minutes left of their buff, some have 22, some are freshly 30 minutes. And you suggest it's a good idea to keep each classess' timers in your head? Or you just do full rebuff and waste the symbols, time and mana after only 1-3 classes died?
    I don't consider rebuffing after every fight where someone died, or after every 2-5 fights (not exact numbers) to be too much to track. It would be easy enough to track your own buff as a timer, and then rebuff everyone when the group's buff is about to fall off. As for wasting mana, do you not like carrying water or utilizing fish feasts to refill your mana? And wasting symbols? I always carry more than enough for myself and enough to provide any other paladin enough to get through the raid as well. Also, do you care to bother reconfiguring your addon every time your buff assignment changes? I guess you consider it a lot of work to pay attention. I don't. I understand that plenty of paladins like not having to pay attention and just yolo swag zerg dps like they're a warrior, because that's an easier approach (both in practice and in understanding), but that's also not how I play the spec. To which I will say: to each their own.

2. Would rather have 10% int and spirit than the mp5.

Edit: To provide additional context, the situation to which I was speaking was that Sanctuary is already provided. The second Paladin chooses to give Wisdom instead of Kings.

3. Still does not explain why having Sanctuary on a Caster means: Kings not needed.
    No Kings = 10% less Intel and Spirit, even if u have Sanc.
    Mana Spring Totem, from a Resto Sham will always provide you with more mana.
    MST from a regular shaman = rets Wisdom, so unbind Wisdom if Shaman is in the house.

And from 2 paladins in the raid, one buffs Kings, the other Might or Wisdom aka class buff, so again idk what is going on here...

Thats why i linked those abilities.
    Just to explain what and why i did it.

Good night, cya tomo.

4. I know. Which was the point. Kings is still needed, but the pug Paladin still chose Wisdom. It happens quite a lot.
    Sanctuary is sometimes chosen in the absence of a Disc Priest for the damage reduction, especially when a Shaman is present. But when you leave the second Paladin on the duty of "Just put out buffs", you may not get the buff you want because that player doesn't know which buff is more beneficial.

5. Preferences, self-righteousness and hypothetical scenarios aside, if you take your average raider into consideration-- Pallypower is a Quality-of-Life addon that takes care of something so simple, yet so oftenly troublesome for people.
    How many people do you think are able/mindful to independently buff everyone, everytime?
    There's no point having an ego too great to use an addon, because technically, they're all "crutches".

@Xayderino
    There's a handful of addons (beside pallypower) I'd recommend:
    Quartz- As a ret you can ignore the castbar, but the swing timer it provides is invaluable for tracking your melee hits and thus giving you control over your rotation, since you know how to space out your Divine Storms. If you could have one and only one addon, I'd pick the swing timer anytime.
    Tellmewhen/Needtoknow - Both let you track buffs/procs/debuffs/auras/cooldowns. Go with preference, Tellmewhen works with icons, Needtoknow works with bars.
    •Damage meter - Not essential, but if you want to track your progress and compare results, pick between Skada / Recount.
    Power Auras / Weakauras2 - They're much more customizable but ultimately give the same benefits as Tellmewhen/Needtoknow, with added graphics and audio cues.
    •***Raid Frames*** - With paladin being the class that provides immense support to the raid, please get a raidframe addon that lets you deliver that utility on a moment's notice. Make sure you're able to interact with it smoothly, mouseover macros or otherwise. Grid2, Vuhdoo, Elvui (built-in), Shadowedunitframes (SUF) are good options. You can also multipurpose Healbot for this, since it is essentially a raid frame addon with added functionality.
    •Threat meter- This one is mostly self-explanatory, Omen is the go-to choice.

This last bit isn't an addon, but a general advice:
    It might be worth adding a small "/s [spellname] used" line to your major supportive cooldowns (i.e. HoJ, Lay on hands, Hand of X, Aura Mastery, Dprot, Dsac, Holy wrath). You can macro them so they don't spam and mute you, but it's useful to notify others about things like these going off.
    "/y Red Bull gives you wings" on Avenging Wrath is nice and all, but also exceptionally irrelevant.

PS: If you're new to ret and trying to get that rotation ingrained in your muscle memory, definitely go with CLC Ret. With time, your own judgement (heh) will outdo the addon, but until then it's a nice guideline to follow. You can get good results even by blindly following clc because (un)fortunately rets are faceroll-y like that to some extent. But if you truly want to min-max, eventually you'll move past this.
    Edited: July 12, 2018 Reason: Moar addons!

6. This last bit isn't an addon, but a general advice:
    It might be worth adding a small "/s [spellname] used" line to your major supportive cooldowns (i.e. HoJ, Lay on hands, Hand of X, Aura Mastery, Dprot, Dsac, Holy wrath). You can macro them so they don't spam and mute you, but it's useful to notify others about things like these going off.
    "/y Red Bull gives you wings" on Avenging Wrath is nice and all, but also exceptionally irrelevant.
    ^screw that.

Get this addon it does the above automatically for you. Ardent Defender

First 12