1. AV Bosses

I've been doing hundreds of AVs, and never once killed Drek with a tower up.

Most of the time a hunter has to kit him cause he does too much damage when we use a tank.

I've always seen Van get steamrolled, and never a need to have a hunter kit him.

I also notice Van gets beat on a normal basis with 1 tower up, and sometimes even two.

Do alliance just suck or is there boss imbalance?

2. I don't know how the scaling is, or if there was even scaling for the bosses in TBC like they had later on, but Drek is much harder by default. He does a constant AoE stun that hits everyone around him, including the tank. A whirlwind that 1 shots anyone who isn't the tank, and then auto attacks for like 8k with 0 towers up. He can also do crushing blows, which he does when the tank is stunned.

3. It's always been like this, even on retail. I remember it clearly.

Drek has less health but deals more damage, his abilities are also "better".
    Vann has more health but deals less damage, Vann can not really be kited though since he doesn't stop randomly to whirlwind like Drek does.

Alliance has the advantage of not having to kill any archers to cap towers, whereas horde has to always kill 1 or 2 archers that are far away from the flag in the bunker. There are also a lot fewer guards in horde base and the terrain is much more rush-friendly.

Overall the BG is alliance favored.

4. It's always been like this, even on retail. I remember it clearly.

Drek has less health but deals more damage, his abilities are also "better".
    Vann has more health but deals less damage, Vann can not really be kited though since he doesn't stop randomly to whirlwind like Drek does.

Alliance has the advantage of not having to kill any archers to cap towers, whereas horde has to always kill 1 or 2 archers that are far away from the flag in the bunker. There are also a lot fewer guards in horde base and the terrain is much more rush-friendly.

Overall the BG is alliance favored.
    This, nuff said.

5. Its also a lot easier for the alliance to waltz into the hordes base but the alliance has a nice bridge they can bottle neck