1. affli lock vs fire mage for pvp ?

hello,

i am really hesitating between rolling a fire mage and faffli lock in pvp as i want the most mobility and dps hard...but there is 2 cast of 1,5 sec with affli (UA and Haunt) while pyro is an instant proc for fire mage and you can spam living bomb everywhere...but iam wondering if a 40/0/31 lock could be sustainable with a lot of instant like 3 instant dot from affli tree and shadowflame+conflagrate coud give a flawless playstyle as fire mage without casting time...

what do you thinkg guys plz ???

2. Fire mage is very good for large scale battles. Just spam LB and pyro, u barely have to hard cast at all and u top the dmg charts 24/7.
    U have insane mobility and tons of CC which makes u able to escape from most dangerous situations. Only way a good fire mage can be killed is in the silence.

When u don't use UA as affli lock then there is a high chance that the opponents will just dispell ur dots and u wont deal any dmg whatsoever.
    Affli locks only escape is teleport. If u don't have a portal up u'll just die.

After all I would say that fire mage is the much better choice for what u are planing to do.
    Edited: July 16, 2018

3. hello Jakkre, thank you very much for you reply, i needed this very much, your in-details comments about fire mage gameplay give a very good view of the spec in pvp in wotlk, thanks.

Don't you think the 5 point in contagion that gives 30% chance of undispellable curse could give some interest on the 40/0/31 spec i wanted to go. : your know 3xcurse from shadow spec+shadowflame&conflagrate from destruction tree, all instant giving flawless playstyle no cast!

4. Don't you think the 5 point in contagion that gives 30% chance of undispellable curse could give some interest on the 40/0/31 spec i wanted to go. : your know 3xcurse from shadow spec+shadowflame&conflagrate from destruction tree, all instant giving flawless playstyle no cast!
    Try the spec on blackrock out.
    The biggest issue with this build is probably that u don't have soul link. When ur portal is on CD u have no escape and u'll take too much dmg w/o soul link.
    Even if u are able to survive I'm not sure if u would deal much dmg with that dot and run tactic. If thats what u wanna do u are much better off doing it on TBC as sl/sl lock.
    Edited: July 19, 2018

Saewelo
    Regarding that 40/0/31, won't work at all vs any class that can dispel. That 30% reduced chance is pretty trash especially vs people that dispel spam, and most likely they'll all do it because you won't have UA. Honestly can't even see how it could work vs any class tbh. No fel dom, no soul link, no real pressure that you could put, too many flaws in it imo.

Affliction is really good but if you want mobility go with mage.