1. Paladin, threat management and mana

Hi fellow paladins,

I have started to run instances recently in my prot spec as a tank. However, I have run into issues with having to drink too much as I frequently run OOM. I have Righteous Fury on as well as BoW and I use HoR to pull, however when facing multiple mobs, I have to use Consecration in order to keep the threat up and have them all on me. Because of that, I need to drink after a couple of pulls while the rest of the gang have no mana problems.

Do you have any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I'm using Judgement of Wisdom and SoR, maybe I should be using Seal of Wisdom instead of SoR?

I'm lvl 40, if it makes any difference.

2. Your primary mana-gaining talents are http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=31786 and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=53585. Once you have those you really shouldn't have too many mana problems.

3. I have Righteous Fury on as well as BoW and I use HoR to pull
    Keep Blessing of Sanctuary up on yourself instead. Make sure you're also keeping Holy Shield up so your block chance is increased.

4. edit: **** me and my entire post, I didn't see OP's last sentence

I'm lvl 40, if it makes any difference.

Yes, being 40lvl makes all the difference. You have neither Divine Plea (@72lvl) nor Guarded by the Light to keep Divine Plea up. You will run OOM constantly until you get these. Better respec to Retri. Judgements of the Wise will make sure that you never ever run OOM in your life and you can still tank low-level dungeons with it.
    Edited: July 17, 2018

5. Your primary mana-gaining talents are http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=31786 and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=53585. Once you have those you really shouldn't have too many mana problems.
    Since I'm lvl 41, I have 1 point in Spiritual Attunement with the next going there also. The second one will need to wait for appropriate lvl.

Keep Blessing of Sanctuary up on yourself instead. Make sure you're also keeping Holy Shield up so your block chance is increased.
    Hmm.. You think I would gain more mana with Holy Shield + Blessing of Sanctuary combo then with just BoW? Since Holy Shield casting is around 100 mana IIRC. I can give it a go, though, an see how it pans out.

edit: **** me and my entire post, I didn't see OP's last sentence

Yes, being 40lvl makes all the difference. You have neither Divine Plea (@72lvl) nor Guarded by the Light to keep Divine Plea up. You will run OOM constantly until you get these. Better respec to Retri. Judgements of the Wise will make sure that you never ever run OOM in your life and you can still tank low-level dungeons with it.
    LOL :D

I was running as Retri and respeced to Prot at lvl 40 to tank dungeons due to various mitigation talants Prot tree has, to make life easier for the healer. I thought I would get dirty looks running a Retri spec and a shield and a 1H weapon. :D

Now it just depends on how irritating it will be for others to have their tank sit and drink every couple of rooms.

6. Hmm.. You think I would gain more mana with Holy Shield + Blessing of Sanctuary combo then with just BoW? Since Holy Shield casting is around 100 mana IIRC. I can give it a go, though, an see how it pans out.
    Ok, after some thought, yeah, you are right :D

BoW simply can't give (in combat) as much mana as Holy Shield + Blessing of Sanctuary so in general it is the best choice

7. LOL :D

I was running as Retri and respeced to Prot at lvl 40 to tank dungeons due to various mitigation talants Prot tree has, to make life easier for the healer. I thought I would get dirty looks running a Retri spec and a shield and a 1H weapon. :D

Now it just depends on how irritating it will be for others to have their tank sit and drink every couple of rooms.
    Nah, it's low level content - no one cares and it doesn't matter. If someone tells you something, reply with this.

Generally, the best way to level a paladin is to just steamroll as Retri all the way to 80 and use it for tanking dungeons as well. You're still a plate-wearing class, you will have those instant flash heals, and you can always just keep a 1h + shield in your bags, like warriors do while leveling. If you wanna be "responsible" (and can afford it), you can just take dual spec and switch to Prot for dungeons. Other than that, I'd stay away from Prot, at least until I reach 72lvl for Divine Plea.

8. Nah, it's low level content - no one cares and it doesn't matter. If someone tells you something, reply with this.

Generally, the best way to level a paladin is to just steamroll as Retri all the way to 80 and use it for tanking dungeons as well. You're still a plate-wearing class, you will have those instant flash heals, and you can always just keep a 1h + shield in your bags, like warriors do while leveling. If you wanna be "responsible" (and can afford it), you can just take dual spec and switch to Prot for dungeons. Other than that, I'd stay away from Prot, at least until I reach 72lvl for Divine Plea.
    I'll think about it, I'll give Prot now a go a couple of levels and/or dungeons and see how it goes. I loved using the 2H and the guy looked cool doing it :D atm I have Morbid Dawn, but hopefully I'll get something in the next few dungeons.

I did 2 dungeons yesterday and didn't have to drink at all. I actually think my mana was always above 50%, with occasional drops to maybe 30%. But, all in all, it was stable, I think I held aggro well (no one died, at least not due to me not holding aggro) so tips in this topic definitely helped with my mana issues. :)