1. The weirdo 39/32 pvp frostfire build

Hello there

I have a lot of free time, and i started few days to search how mages are played in PvP, and i came to a video where the dude has said ´**** this, i’ll go full yoloo’ and played the 2/3rd of his video with that build : http://www.dkpminus.com/wotlk-talent...00200100000000

I watched multiple other videos and what i saw the most are the classical frost or fire builds coupled with an other school with few extras points after spending the first 51 on a school

I wanted to know, as i can’t test this one can you tell me what would be the pros/cons of that build compared to the others known and what will be the difference on the gameplay counter all classes (if there will be a significant change, like a spec that was hard to beat become ez or like impossible to beat now)

I’ll add that imo the guy is playing with a haste gear, and that i wanted to do so myself but still searching what will fit me the best

:)
    Edited: July 17, 2018 Reason: Weird thing i wrote sry

2. ???? this spec is useless in my eyes. missing alot of key elements
    Edited: July 17, 2018

3. Can you be more precise? sorry but i'm not an average skilled mage so i'm not aware of what is essential

What i see of my low knowledge :

you loose dragon's breath and living bomb, also (maybe) extra instant on a double crit spell (which must be the same, for me it's not frequent when i see that most of ppl have around 1k1 resilience)

What you gain :

Reset on all frost spells, an ice barrier and reduced cd's on some frost spells

So it will make the character more instant-spamming and having extra surviability in cost of (huge? idk you'll tell me) damages (so more rely on frozen ennemies like on a frost build but benefit from some fire spells like blast wave, extra little fire damage and the boost from 35% health/bonus speed from damage taken

That's mainly why i said "weirdo" frostfire build :D but in my opinion it's not useless like you said

4. I still need more opinions about it, up

5. Ur spec is indeed useless.
    As fire mage u want to get hot streak which is a key talent of the spec. As frost mage u want to get water elemental. Ur spec has neither which makes it worthless for both, pvp and pve.

Frostfire is a pve only build and it requires atleast 50 points in fire and the rest of the points in the frost tree. So its actualy not a hybrid spec, its a fire mage that uses frostfireball instead of fireball. The build has only rare usage though because a 20/51/00 fireball mage deals more dps.

If u want to do pvp the most common and best build for arena is frost. U should put atleast 51 points in frost to get deepfreeze and the rest in arcane.

A other option for pvp is fire mage which is mainly for BGs and large scale battles. Here u need to put atleast 51 points in fire to get living bomb and the rest in arcane.

Third option is arcane mage which is a glass cannon. It has the least controll over ur enemys but can deal massive burst. 51 points in arcane required, rest in frost.
    Edited: July 29, 2018

6. Since no good mage replied here i'll say a few things.
    Mage overall is played the same regardless of spec, meaning you have similar strategies, but with different kit at your disposal depending on your spec.
    Key thing is crowd control, which that spec is lacking(dragons breath, deep freeze, improved cs).
    I can see this build winning duels against obviously paladins, warriors, rogues. Other classes just have too much at their disposal while you are lacking cc.