1. [email protected]

Greetings

One of my friends got a ban for exploiting. After the 30 days he has the problem that his password is expired (he hadn't got 2 step auth) and he can't remember the ancient email address.

He asked me now what he shall do and that his account is stolen xD...I said him "no panic" and that he should write a mail to [email protected]. This shouldn't be a problem, but my friend has no clue about mails, provider or URL. He asked me to do this...

I have the question now if I can do this as non-owner of his account. He gave me informations, name, password etc (he's giving me all requirements if needed), but am I qualified to do this? And if yes, whether or not I use my own mail (private, office) to do that?

Thanks for the answer(s)

Regards

2. I would suggest helping him with writing and sending the email. It would be better if he sends it himself from his own email. Otherwise it might look like you are trying to take over the account.

3. Greetings Anyone0

That's exactly the point. I can remember how I wanted to show him an imgur-URL and he had no clue about using this. We gave up after 30mins. Or using mail xD

I can try it, but it's suspicious for me and other ppl if I write a mail for him. I want to help him, but it's exactly how you said it: There is the impression as if I take over his acc. He lives 2000km away from here, but we are connected ingame and on fb. I can't really help and write a mail with him.

So should I still try despite these facts or let it be. My intention is honest btw.

Regards

4. He should have an email account and pasting email address and text (which you could prepare for him) should not be that hard even if he hasn't done it before. If you both use Skype or something, he could share his screen so you can see what he is doing (I am mentioning Skype not specific screen sharing software because it seems easier if he already uses Skype). If that doesn't work, you could still try to send an email yourself. They should ask for additional information to prove account ownership if they don't find you sending the email too suspicious.

5. Greetings Anyone0

Thanks for the answer. Yeah I sometimes wonder how he can use fb or the game when he doesn't understand anything at all. You could really believe me that he asked me for addons and had no clue about downloading it from curse, or making a mail. It's hopeless...I imagine how I try to explain him to install "skype", after 1 day, we arrived "google" xD

My problem isn't that I don't have the informations about the account. It's the ownership...

2 possibilities:

1) Me: Greetings admins, my friend lost his acc. Name, password, ip and some more informations are here...

Answer: You are not the owner=no permission

2) Me: Greetings admins, my account is lost. Name, password, ip and some more informations are here...

Answer: Suspicious

I can't explain that I must write in his name for him because he's technical noob. But I can't also write that it's mine acc though it's the better opinion. Btw his cousin installed all of his programs and profiles but he sees him every half a year.

I'm talking with him once again to decide correctly.

Regards

6. If you are going to send the email, this is the correct option:

1) Me: Greetings admins, my friend lost his acc. Name, password, ip and some more informations are here...
    You can mention that he doesn't know how to do it himself. They might tell you that he has to send the email himself. But if you say it's your account and they think it's not, getting it back can get even more complicated.