1. and Realm too) Bringing activity into 3v3/5v5 on Icecrown

Some day me and 2 players on Icecrown were like: "let's play some 3v3!"
    So we made an arena team and qued up for 3v3... after sitting 10 minutes in que at 0 rating we were like: "yeah **** this".
    And no this wasn't at some dead hour like 4AM server time, it was either prime time or closely around prime time, neither was it the start of a season.

The thing is that people don't really play 3v3/5v5. I visited major cities and inspected people to see their gear achievements and stuff.
    The amount of people who had full wrathful gear including weapons and didn't even have any arena rating achievements other than 1550 in 2v2 surprised me.
    I came to the conclusion that an overwhelming majority of the players donate for full wrathful gear and never ever touch 3v3/5v5 because they donate for the gear normally only acquirable from these activities leaving players who want to get these gear pieces via non-donation in the dust because it's really difficult, not only because of the skill requirement but the effort they have to put into spamming "QUE 3V3" in chat and at high rating i imagine waiting for HOURS to get games.
    Let's imagine, looking at the computer screen for tens of minutes to hours just waiting for the que to pop. It's probably really demotivating for many.
    If i remember correctly at the end of last season or the season before that i saw 1 single team above 2.2k in 3v3, let's not even talk about 5v5.

THE SUGGESTION: How about removing wrathful shoulders and the 277ilvl wrathful weapons from the coin store on Icecrown and the players who bought them with coins (nearly everyone) would have their ones destroyed from their inventory and fully refunded?
    Yes i know, they could just be using PvE pieces instead but this is the best measure i've came up with while still looking at the full picture.

NOT AIMED TOWARDS THE STAFF:And if by chance you have perceived to be "better" suggestions, remember: "Seeing things from only one point of view shows that you lack imagination and analytical skills." - ?? ? August 11th, 2005.
    Edited: July 19, 2018

2. Does that sound fair to you? You're basically saying that people who don't want to do some specific part of the content, who potentially went the extra mile to donate and get that gear to use elsewhere, should have that removed and get forced into doing the activity they avoided just for the sake of you having more people to play with, when the whole point of all the items people can get with coins is exactly the option of avoiding having to go through all the loops to get the gear reward.

3. I understand now, Warmane is a much more commercial-focused organization than I thought when I made the post. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

4. If that's what you take from having the inherent selfishness in your suggestion pointed out, have at it.