1. Death Knights and their Single Target DPS

So I'm pretty new to DKs I'd say, although I've been playing wow for 7 years or so, mostly vanilla/mop.

Started playing here recently, and went with frost DK as DPS.
    What I've noticed is that they do HUGE AoE damage since I was able to crit 90k with Howling Blast in ICC rep farms with just 4.9k GS.

Although, I've been wondering if Unholy or Blood is better on Single Target DPS such as Boss Fights.

Would like to hear more proffessional thoughts and oppinions and tips, how and what should I do/build.

Cheers.

2. Frost is the best DK single target spec.

Killing Machine + Howling Blast combos on large trash packs are always fun but HB has an 8 sec CD and Rime has a fairly low proc chance. Unholy actually has better sustained AoE dps as a result.

3. Okay, and how does Blood DK fit in all this, is the Blood DK DPS Spec viable in any situation?

4. No.
    Blood is bad.
    The end.

Anyone saying otherwise is a Blood spec wanabe special player.
    The only thing Blood is good for is tanking, and its quite good.

Frost is better for single target.
    Unholy is better for AoE.
    Blood is awesome main tank spec.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=349828
    You have everything you need to know when it comes to rotation in this guide in "Rotation and Video" sections.
    Same goes for Unholy DPS and Blood Tank, guide links are in the first comment.
    If u learn that (rotation) and practice on a dummy and rdfs to perfection, your overall gameplay and expirience in this expansion will be awesome.
    *protip* while doing RDF, be in Unholy Presence (something thats also in the guide)

Ive recently started gearing another DK as Frost only and its been a lot of fun.
    Outdpsing others with better gear is only posible as a good FDK, from my expirience, and thats what makes it all so awesome.

Donating for 20e, 23coins is an awesome thing with which you can Skip que time and get Havoc's Call weapon, that will both increase ur dps by a lot and boost gear score.

5. Well, Blood DK DPS is viable, but it tends to be shunned in favour of the other 2 specs because Frost and Unholy bring more useful utility to a raid. On the other hand, Blood is very favorably regarded as a tank.

6. What is happening with Fdk dps like last 4-5 days its rrly horrible feels like 2-3k less my last raid was on 18thjuly and i were doing 15-16k with 36-7% obliterate... and before 2-3 days(15july) i did like 17-19k on almost every single boss

7. What is happening with Fdk dps like last 4-5 days its rrly horrible feels like 2-3k less my last raid was on 18thjuly and i were doing 15-16k with 36-7% obliterate... and before 2-3 days(15july) i did like 17-19k on almost every single boss
    It's in all likelyhood due to the new armor constant for arp calculations.

8. But its only 2% damage difference if you have arp cap and farie fire/sunder armor.
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/41515

9. May I know why havoc's call ? and why not other weapons ?
    sorry I am pretty new

10. May I know why havoc's call ? and why not other weapons ?
    sorry I am pretty new
    Uhm, because it's the best 1H on WotLK?

11. So i should buy 2 havoc call for my dk, am i right?

12. I bought Havoc and DBWhc with coins, since i got 271 ilvl STS normal from 25m RS Dignity run, and 264ilvl axe/sword from ICC 10m hc.

If i was you, I would go for 1x Havoc's Call and 1 BiS trinket, STS or DBW hc.
    Decide on your own which trinket will be harder to get and coin it (if u are able to).
    (Wait a bit before others comment when it comes to trinket i guess, before buying one of them, maybe someone has some better argument why STS or DBW is better choice)

From my pov, this should be the prio (if you have limited amount of coins):
    1. Havoc's Call (284ilvl)
    2. STS hc (284ilvl)
    3. DBW hc (277ilvl)
    4. Havoc's Call (284ilvl)

Reason for this is simply cos those two trinkets boost your DPS by a huge amount, while in ICC 10m hc, ICC 25m, even Battered Hilt, gives u a great offhand weapon, while that good trinkets are not so easy to find.
    (I prio STS over DBW mainly cos from my experience, people kill DBS more often than they kill Halion)

13. I would get havoc hc and sts hc.
    Sts hc yields more dps than DBW hc.
    Killing deathbringer on 25 hc mode is easy going so u can get that trinket ingame.
    Killing halion on 25 hc is close to impossible.

14. Killing halion on 25 hc is close to impossible.
    its not

15. I knew such a smart a** comment gonna come.
    For the op it gonna be impossible to kill him any time soon and even if he would be able to, it wouldn't make sense to buy DBW hc over STS hc since DBW is much easier to get, on normal and also on hc mode.
    Edited: July 24, 2018

12 Last