1. Suggestions to promote 3v3

Hello all.

I actually suggested this before, but probably in the wrong section, so it might not have gotten a lot of traction. Anyway, here are a few suggestions that would, imo, increase activity:

1. Xrealm with 264 ilvl gear restrictions on 3s, except t2 pvp weps and icc rep ring. The idea is to remove the huge gear differences between the 3 servers that would likely discourage a lot of ppl.

2. Make 3v3 teams, start with a base 1000 rating.
    The idea is that, by removing the pointless grind at the beginning of the ladder climb, more ppl might prefer this way of getting their offparts or just their pvp gear in general.

3. Lower rating requirements of shoulders and t2 weps by 150/200 rate. Having the big "carrot on a stick" for 3s be slightly more achievable, would probably get more people involved.

4. Custom weekly quest. I.e. a weekly quest to complete 10 3v3 games. Rewards might be something like 50 extra arena pts + 10k honor/some gold. I don't know if that would be incompatible with the client, but its a suggestion none the less.

5. Tmog scrolls obtained only through 3v3.
    I know this one might be controversial, but it might be the push required to get sone 3s activity.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Feel free to tell me how bad they are and how much i suck.

Cheers!
    Edited: July 24, 2018

2. 5. Tmog scrolls obtained only through 3v3.
    I know this one might be controversial, but it might be the push required to get sone 3s activity.
    Cheers!
    You do know that there is a pve community here as well? Perhaps getting scrolls through hard raid encounters for this point.

3. Yes, i'm aware. Tbh, if this is done with a high enough drop chance (like 10%) this could potentially be the fastest and most efficient way to get scrolls. They should still be obtainable the regular ways, but im sure even PVE heroes wouldn't mind doing 10 games a week for a certain scroll.

Also, that's the last resort suggestion. I'd much prefer ways 1 through 4.

4. most of the suggestions arent possible imo and its pointless. they have considered all ways already. There isn't something you can think of that they haven't thought of. They have been looking into this for years and dozens of people have suggested things. And the 10% drop chance you mention is ridiculous. Some teams have 250-300 games per season. Simplest math gives those players 25-30 scrolls. If there is a drop chance, it shouldn't be more than 2% imo.

5. As i said at the end of my post, feel to tell me I'm wrong. I'm just trying to help out in the matter, cuz i wanna play 3s without sitting in queue for eternity.

As for the scrolls, i personally really don't give a crap about them, but apparently everyone else does. I only mentioned it as a possible incentive and tbh i think that something like starting 3s teams at 1000 rating is much more feasible and wouldn't affect the game in the slightest.

If not, just add wrathful shoulders and T2 weps to the coin store for Lord and let's just forget this bracket even exists. Seems like most ppl did anyway.

6. Totally agree except for point 4 and 1. Point 4 will kill the fun. And about 1... Yes I can agree but lets do it that way - if pepole got the itme through ingame why not useing it ? I famred my SM for a year and now not use it in arena ? And if you have it donated, than you cant.

7. It's rather ironic that people are saying they agree with all besides 1 and 4... when 2, 3 and 5 hardly would happen (3 and 5 have been suggested and denied before, so you can count those out already).

8. Is that to say that 1 or 4 are plausible or work in progress? Specifically the xrealm option sounds enticing but there hasn't been an update in a while.

9. Ppl that play this game nowadays mainly do what the game forces them to do to get their gear. The long road to 2k rating in 3s isn't worth it when the wrathful shoulders are available in the store and everybody bought them there already.

The most efficient way to make 3s more active, without the implementation of heavy custom conctent, would be to remove wrathful shoulder from all players and the store, refund the coins and make the shoulders only available ingame.
    That would make the shoulders a prestige and unique item that PvP veterans would love to fight for. It would increase the 3s activity drastically.
    Edited: July 25, 2018

10. Is that to say that 1 or 4 are plausible or work in progress? Specifically the xrealm option sounds enticing but there hasn't been an update in a while.
    No, it was more to discard the ones that have been denied before and the one that I don't see happening, since it involves cutting out part of the investment that is expected to get into higher ratings.

I have no information about how cross-server PvP is going to work to answer about #1 and #4, while custom content in the way you propose, could maybe be adapted by the Community Managers as a hosted events or the like. I find it unlikely, though.

The issue remains one that shouldn't be relied on the Staff for a solution, because any so-called solution means artificially creating "incentives" (which to me are just bribes) to make people who aren't interested in the content to go do it just because of those extras. It's akin to suggestions for PvE content, asking for low level dungeons to give extra rewards so more people would go do them. Does that sounds like something that would make those active after people got what they wanted, if it's content they didn't want to do in the first place? Arenas have rewards, have competition that supposedly PvPers want, but most people seem to just not care about 3v3 - just like most PvErs won't care about going do dungeons they skipped during their leveling and don't need for any gear.

11. The issue remains one that shouldn't be relied on the Staff for a solution, because any so-called solution means artificially creating "incentives" (which to me are just bribes) to make people who aren't interested in the content to go do it just because of those extras.
    I fully agree, i dislike making posts like this almost as much as i dislike waiting in queue.

It's just a case where (talkin about Lord realm) everyone wants it and noone does it. Problem is, unlike Icecrown which has coin shop and blackrock, which has soloQ, Lord has no reliable way to do this other than farming teams that play 10 games for pts once every few weeks and pray they just barely reach 2k prior to the season end. That also encourages a lot of queue dodging and sniping of other high rated teams.

Alternatively since noone does 5s on Lord (literally, there are no teams created this season) perhaps 5s on Lord can also be substituted with a Soloq option with a min gs requirement of around 5.5k. Sure it's custom content but so is Tmog in WotLK.

12. It's just a case where (talkin about Lord realm) everyone wants it and noone does it.
    But that's something players have to solve, don't you think? If everyone - or at least enough people - in fact want it, people just have to start doing it. This isn't something the Staff should have to step in, especially with "extras" to get people to do what they supposedly want to do already.