1. Transmog question

I want to transmogrify my polearm into a staff, but is it possible considering palas can't wield staves?

I've asked people in global and I'm receiving conflicting answers. There's another paladin who claimed he was able to transmog staves and wield it.

Technical notice: I was supposed to post this in the Q&A but my phone doesn't show the prefix selection.

2. Originally Posted by Proterean
    You can Transmog items of same type and class:
    Plate Helm > Plate Helm

You need to be able to equip the item, otherwise you won't be able to transmogrify it.

1H Sword <> 1H Axe <> 1H Mace
    2H Sword <> 2H Axe <> 2H Mace

Polearm <> Staff

Bow <> Gun <> Crossbow

Daggers <> Daggers
    Fist weapons <> Fist weapons
    Wands <> Wands
    Shields <> Shields
    Source

Since Paladins can't train Staves, they can't transmog their polearms to look like staves.

3. Do I need to have the item in the inventory for transmog?

4. Yes you need to obtain the item you're transmoging into.

5. Can i transmog a Shadowmourne to lets say a blue item? like a old school sword?

6. Provided its a 2h sword yes.

7. Provided its a 2h sword yes.
    how about with a green one?
    do i need a special transmog scroll for legendaries?

8. how about with a green one?
    do i need a special transmog scroll for legendaries?
    Quality or level has no impact to the transmogs. You can transmog shadowmourne into a level 1 grey weapon, if it's 2handed axe/sword/mace.

You need a special transmog scroll only obtainable with coins if you want your weapon to look like legendary. For example, if rogues want to transmog their weapons into illidan's warglaives, they have to purchase special scrolls in the store. But if you are transmogging a legendary weapon (such as shadowmourne or valanyr) into non-legendary one, a regular scroll works just fine.

9. Quality or level has no impact to the transmogs. You can transmog shadowmourne into a level 1 grey weapon, if it's 2handed axe/sword/mace.

You need a special transmog scroll only obtainable with coins if you want your weapon to look like legendary. For example, if rogues want to transmog their weapons into illidan's warglaives, they have to purchase special scrolls in the store. But if you are transmogging a legendary weapon (such as shadowmourne or valanyr) into non-legendary one, a regular scroll works just fine.
    Actually its Green and above, poor or common can't be xmoged. (learned that after i tried to get easter bunny ears)

10. Actually its Green and above, poor or common can't be xmoged. (learned that after i tried to get easter bunny ears)
    Well that was my mistake in that case, I guess. I actually have seen some pretty terrible xmogs, thought they have to be poor quality, but people managed to find green ones somehow. x.x

11. Can anyone confirm if 2H Axe can be transmogged to a Polearm? My toon is a hunter and I want my Polearm to look like an Axe.

12. maybe you should read before asking a question like this...

1H Sword <> 1H Axe <> 1H Mace
    2H Sword <> 2H Axe <> 2H Mace

Polearm <> Staff

Bow <> Gun <> Crossbow

Daggers <> Daggers
    Fist weapons <> Fist weapons
    Wands <> Wands
    Shields <> Shields