1. Launch Issues

Hey,

New to Warmane, looking to join some friends on the Lordaeron WotLK server but I seem to be having lots of issues with getting the game to work.

I've downloaded the game, and moved the files to my games folder on my computer.

When I launch the game it launches as expected, I login, create a character and start to play. Unfortunately the game seems to be stuck at 1024x720 resolution and in the defaut settings. I can go into the options and change the settings, but as soon as I click apply the screen flickers and then it just returns to the default settings. I've tried relaunching the game and when doing so it doesnt recognise that I've done so before so i get the Bliz intro again and the two scroll/accept windows followed by the login gate where everything has again been reverted back to the 1024x720 resolution.

I've tried running the .exe as administrator but to no avail :(

Any ideas on how I can get things to work?

2. follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only"

3. follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only"
    Unfortunately I've already done of all this and its not fixed the problem :(

4. Copy your WoW folder on the Desktop and do what I said on this new folder
    It should fix at least this problem you mentioned " I've tried relaunching the game and when doing so it doesnt recognise that I've done so before so i get the Bliz intro again and the two scroll/accept windows "

5. Copy your WoW folder on the Desktop and do what I said on this new folder
    It should fix at least this problem you mentioned " I've tried relaunching the game and when doing so it doesnt recognise that I've done so before so i get the Bliz intro again and the two scroll/accept windows "
    I ended up getting things to work but it took a few different things to get it sorted.

Firstly I had to right click the main folder and remove the “read only” from it and all sub folders, then I had to right click the .exe file on my desktop, chance the game to compatibility mode and then also change it to run as administrator, finally I had to delete the wtf folder and after doing these three steps the game now launches and remembers my graphics settings.

Thanks for the help/advice though.