1. Why do players like fighting over quests rather than grouping up?

This applies to any questing, whether you're leveling, doing Wintergrasp gathering quests, ect. Nearly any time I need to get something done, there are others trying to do the same quest and when you ask if they want to group, they either decline or say no. Sometimes even hurling insults at you for no reason.

Do players really just love making things difficult for themselves and everyone else? Has this realm really gotten to the point where people don't want to help each other out anymore and just want to make things miserable for each other, even in their own faction? Being ganked by a player of the opposite faction is one thing because it's the opposite faction. We're supposed to hate each other. However, the fact that players of the same faction want to deliberately halt each other's progress is asinine.

This is made even worse because of the high population of the server and low spawn rates.
    Edited: July 22, 2018

2. This applies to any questing, whether you're leveling, doing Wintergrasp gathering quests, ect. Nearly any time I need to get something done, there are others trying to do the same quest and when you ask if they want to group, they either decline or say no.

Do players really just love making things difficult for themselves and everyone else? Has this realm really gotten to the point where people don't want to help each other out anymore and just want to make things miserable for each other, even in their own faction? Being ganked by a player of the opposite faction is one thing, but having your progress slowed down by players of the same faction is asinine.
    Noobs wont group up for some reason ,especially in WG I don't know how many times id would be killing horde members and some scab comes along and takes agro from me or something, but I love it when a horde comes along and kills him while I watch and laugh,maybe if he would of joined the group I would of saved him,lol.

3. Noobs wont group up for some reason ,especially in WG I don't know how many times id would be killing horde members and some scab comes along and takes agro from me or something, but I love it when a horde comes along and kills him while I watch and laugh,maybe if he would of joined the group I would of saved him,lol.
    I can't tell you how many times I wish I could gank players of my own faction because of this.

4. Leveling together is slower because of different quest progression, different equipment and knowledge, etc. Most of the time a party starts side activities like "Hey, want to do a RDF?" or "Let's get the elite quest and try". The ones that will not form a party are the ones that just want to quickly do their quests and move on.

5. This applies to any questing, whether you're leveling, doing Wintergrasp gathering quests, ect. Nearly any time I need to get something done, there are others trying to do the same quest and when you ask if they want to group, they either decline or say no. Sometimes even hurling insults at you for no reason.

Do players really just love making things difficult for themselves and everyone else? Has this realm really gotten to the point where people don't want to help each other out anymore and just want to make things miserable for each other, even in their own faction? Being ganked by a player of the opposite faction is one thing because it's the opposite faction. We're supposed to hate each other. However, the fact that players of the same faction want to deliberately halt each other's progress is asinine.

This is made even worse because of the high population of the server and low spawn rates.
    Don't know what you are talking about. Every time I do my wg dailies I randomly throw invites at those around me and most accept and we get our quests done quickly then leave grp when done. Maybe its you who is over reaching and trying too hard to over socialize. Some people find those type of player irritating.

6. hm i met a random dude while doing blacktalon fesh into outlands before i knew it we were hitting it off over discord drinking beer and pushed to like 76 that night

it's a social game and it's best played that way, never had more fun leveling than i did then and i played this game since 2009..

7. Don't know what you are talking about. Every time I do my wg dailies I randomly throw invites at those around me and most accept and we get our quests done quickly then leave grp when done. Maybe its you who is over reaching and trying too hard to over socialize. Some people find those type of player irritating.
    Explain to me how trying to invite any other players trying to do a WG daily quest to try and get the quest over with only to have them decline is "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". I even asked in General Chat why these people would rather not do this and got hurled with insults by other people. By your logic, you throwing out invites like I have is also "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". So essentially, you're also "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". It's good that you've had better luck than me, but get real.

It's the same **** when trying to do leveling quests like the Quillboar Quests in the Barrens.
    Edited: July 23, 2018

8. The only quests for which I refuse invites are the ones where you need to gather X things and they are not dropping for everyone. Which is pretty much less than 5% of all quests in the game.

Otherwise I agree with OP, there's litteraly no point in refusing the invites. Yeah, you get less xp per mobs, but quest xp is what makes you level anyway, and you go through the quests way faster with someone else just when considering that you kill mobs faster, and then there's the fact that they won't "steal" mobs from you.
    No matter if you are leveling, or farming gold at 80, there's no point to not group when doing a "kill X things" quest.

However I rarely see people refusing invites for those quests, most have the same reasoning.

9. The only quests for which I refuse invites are the ones where you need to gather X things and they are not dropping for everyone. Which is pretty much less than 5% of all quests in the game.

Otherwise I agree with OP, there's litteraly no point in refusing the invites. Yeah, you get less xp per mobs, but quest xp is what makes you level anyway, and you go through the quests way faster with someone else just when considering that you kill mobs faster, and then there's the fact that they won't "steal" mobs from you.
    No matter if you are leveling, or farming gold at 80, there's no point to not group when doing a "kill X things" quest.

However I rarely see people refusing invites for those quests, most have the same reasoning.
    Some gather X quests are shareable and mob exp is actually really decent(Partying can open up an aoe option so I don't mean to rebut) I generally agree with your statements.

10. Explain to me how trying to invite any other players trying to do a WG daily quest to try and get the quest over with only to have them decline is "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". I even asked in General Chat why these people would rather not do this and got hurled with insults by other people. By your logic, you throwing out invites like I have is also "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". So essentially, you're also "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". It's good that you've had better luck than me, but get real.
    Poor choice of faction i guess. I rarely have a problem to get a quest group on horde side or get flamed trying to form one. Most likely if more than one horde player is in a quest zone, they are already in a group and asking for an invite is doing the job. Sure, sometimes you meet someone who do not want to group up, but thats not the regular thing.
    Playing alliance is a bit different, people tent to be more antisocial, everyone is a pro and flaming is the usual reaction to nearly everything.

11. Explain to me how trying to invite any other players trying to do a WG daily quest to try and get the quest over with only to have them decline is "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". I even asked in General Chat why these people would rather not do this and got hurled with insults by other people. By your logic, you throwing out invites like I have is also "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". So essentially, you're also "over reaching and trying to hard to over socialize". It's good that you've had better luck than me, but get real.

It's the same **** when trying to do leveling quests like the Quillboar Quests in the Barrens.
    If you only throw invite like I do then you either are a rather unlucky individual or you are twisting the truth a little and actually tried to invite two guys before coming to the conclusion everyone preferred not to group. I play both alliance and horde and never had an issue. Also, lol at complaining on general chat and being surprised that you are getting flamed. Are you new to online games?

12. some people prefer little to no social interaction. if it wasn't for dungeons/raids/bg's requiring more people i'd never group with anyone other than the gf.
    Edited: July 24, 2018