1. PETITION: Cross-Realm Arena Queues

The overwhelmingly vast majority of old-school PvP players & personalities on the Blackrock (ex: Arena-Tournament) server have asked me to speak on their behalf and petition for cross-realm arena queues.

For those that aren't familiar with the current state of the server - there's 250-500 people online by average, the server isn't progressing nor advancing in a healthy direction that incentivizes population growth or adding quality of life changes. You could say that it's been stuck in the mud for the long run for the last couple of years.

The arguments for and against it don't really matter at this point, as general consensus among the players is that the server will completely die off (being one of the few 3.3.5 arena-based pvp servers) as a separate entity, as most of the playerbase is either quitting the game or moving onto other servers that provide a real MMO (Massive, player-interactive) experience.

The competitive, unforgiving nature of the PvP server has been a classic for many years, though a few bad decisions regarding server direction and lack of regular updates have made it repetitive, boring, unnecessarily grindy & just generally obsolete. (Most of us agree on this sentiment)

In order to save the server and even attempt to partially revive it's former glory - I invite players new & old to put down their comment on this thread as to why they'd support cross-realm arena queues between the 3.3.5 servers (Even if it means using the ICC core and not the old AT one to make it possible)

What this could mean for other servers:

- More PvP in quantity.

- Much faster queue times.

- More gear disbalance in arena matches

- New opponents to play against

- Gear acquisition being relatively easier on the arena server (minor unfairness)

Though, with all that considered, Cross-realm queues are the only thing that could potentially bring Blackrock's slumbering playerbase back, so while it is not the most efficient option - We strongly believe that it is the only option and ask the development team & staff to genuinely go through and consider the contents of this petition, since it is one to be approved by the biggest names Blackrock, ex-Arena Tournament, ICC has to offer.
    Edited: July 22, 2018

2. My reason is variety and prevention of harassment. As a Lordaeron player, I've witnessed many unnecessary insults with players of my faction. This usually happen at Dalaran sewers right after or before games. With the small community, it's often hard to avoid these toxic players. I want my arenas to be an impersonal engagement; treat it like a competitive practice duel.

3. Hear hear! This is the only thing that can save blackrock from its decline of population.

4. The legend Henyte wants cross-realm.

+1 hell yeah cross-realm, bring back lagfree oldAT absurd competition that was back in 2012/2013 with real 4k online that only que arenas. Meta core as Devald said should be different from AT as it was utterly unbalanced that gave some classes/teams superiority.

Many oldAT elite who got 1million+ Youtube/Twitch views would love this to happen, including The Lord Marm, who I heard considering coming back home.

5. A petition isn't necessary because it has already been decided that Lordaeron, Icecrown and Blackrock gonna have cross realm arena.
    How much longer it will take until it gonna be released is the question.

6. My reason is variety and prevention of harassment. As a Lordaeron player, I've witnessed many unnecessary insults with players of my faction. This usually happen at Dalaran sewers right after or before games. With the small community, it's often hard to avoid these toxic players. I want my arenas to be an impersonal engagement; treat it like a competitive practice duel.
    Just ignore them then? You have an ignore function to prevent people from hurting your feelings. That has no bearing whatsoever on improving the PvP pops for both Blackrock and Lordaeron, as far as I'm concerned: I'm also a Lordaeron player, and I'd much rather have some more 'toxicity' (though I'm not easily offended, and don't give a **** about words in an online game) provided it brought with it a much-needed boost to PvP.

I've heard Xrealm arenas are already happening. Any Devs/mods able to shed some light on this? I can't wait!

7. Blackrock definitely needs it, 3vs3 queues are very rare there currently.
    Even though the 284 meta/gear last season made it more or less popular again, seems like 3s is already forgotten as multiple peoples tends to go for donations for their 284 weapons, helping Warmane in that way but not bringing queues to the bracket that needs it the most.
    This will also be a huge help for battlegrounds and honor farm.

And who knows, maybe Warmane Devs could even find a way enable cross-realm queues for Lordaeron/Icecrown players only if they meet a certain ilvl/gearscore requirement.

8. What a useless thread, they already confirmed cross-realm months ago. Malaco also said a PTR might open this month.

9. What a useless thread, they already confirmed cross-realm ------------->>>>>>> months ago <<<<<<<----------------. Malaco also said a PTR might open this month.

Because Warmane is known for their incredible efficiency when it comes to putting out new updates/content.

Hi.

10. Because Warmane is known for their incredible efficiency when it comes to putting out new updates/content.

Hi.
    Hi.

Not sure how much in touch you are with Warmane in general anymore. But if they've already announced they're working on it (approximately 2 - 3 months ago) and already are almost set with a PTR server means they're making good progress. But even if they didn't have a PTR server soon, or if they just simply announce they're working on it - this thread wouldn't/won't do anything, efficiency isnt a factor.

And on a side note, we all want crossrealm and I'm glad they're making good progress with it. Hopefuly the PTR comes this month or next.

11. This thread serves the purpose of informing staff that old players are willing to come back and play again -if- they implement cross-faction queues in a respectable amount of time.

We have a group of 150+ players with top 5 experiences over the years on the server - with the vast majority agreeing to come back if the change happens.

I don't see how it is purposeless really.

12. Well, anyone who can use a spoon and fork can draw the conclusion that it will bring old players back to the server as well as new players to the server.

Question is how they execute it. If it's gonna be 1 shared ladder with all the servers combied or every server has a unique ladder. I think having a unique ladder would probably be the best for the long run and efficiency of the cross-realm.
    If the ladder is shared by every realm, this will kill the will for the average PvPers of Lord and Icecrown (also the people that make the majority of ques) to play because they can't compete with blackrock players and it'll demotivate them to play because a lot of people on those servers play 2s and 3s for titles and rewards. If they see that that's out of reach for them they won't even try and the ques won't be as good as they could be.

And for soloq, I hope they implement a gear restriction and 2s/3s rating required (Such as 1.7k) to be able to que for soloq for the PvE realms.

13. This thread serves the purpose of informing staff that old players are willing to come back and play again -if- they implement cross-faction queues in a respectable amount of time.
    You would have been better served by the suggestions section. Though if you go to that section and read through some of the threads, you may find that...

cross-faction queues
    ... is not going to happen. Cross-realm, sure. Cross-faction, never.

123 Last