1. Trauma Prio

Hey guys,

I require some insight on the prio for this epic mace off of Rotface 25 hc encounter in ICC. I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but as my question is regarding my shaman, thought this would be the most appropriate.
    My question for you is - what's the prio for Trauma? I've read in a lot of guides that it's always prio for resto shamans and resto druids. Is it good for a holy paladin? I personally have never even thought of rolling for it on my holy pala, as I donated for the LK 25 hc mace, but even if I didn't have it I still wouldn't have rolled for it.

Please, give me your healer's opinions on this, everything will be appreciated. Thank you. :)

2. -1% Proc Chance (Includes Direct Heals, HoT ticks, and all forms of overhealing).
    - No Internal Cooldown
    - 10yd Radius

Trauma is only for raid healer, not for tank healer such as hpala.
    It works the best for rdudu because every hot tick has a chance to proc the weapon effect.
    http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50685 outperforms http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=46017 and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50734 in boss encounters where the raid is stacked together because every player in 10 yards range gets the proc effect without limit.
    http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50685 is especially a must have on the sindragosa encounter where it scales absolutely insane.
    Edited: July 23, 2018

3. Trauma is great for a raid healing resto Shaman, because Chain Heal spam applies a blanket of Chained Heal and Earthliving HoTs on several of the targets it affects, which in conjunction with the direct healing of the spell itself provides several chances of proccing Trauma.

Trauma tends to be rightfully regarded as being best in the hands of a Resto Druid because of its outstanding synergy with the Wild Growth ability. Each use of the Wild Growth ability causes 42 chances of proccing the ability, so this ability by itself accounts for the majority of a Rdruid's Trauma procs. Often, a Rdruid will find great use of this weapon even if the fight only intermittently involves AoE healing.

Holy Pallies aren't as suited to the weapon as the above 2 specs. Holy Priests don't really benefit from it quite as much either. Glyphed Prayer of Healing causes 15 chances of proccing Trauma (or more, since party members' pets are also healed), but PoH usage doesn't share the sustainability of Chain Heal or Wild Growth.

4. Trauma is great for a raid healing resto Shaman, because Chain Heal spam applies a blanket of Chained Heal and Earthliving HoTs on several of the targets it affects, which in conjunction with the direct healing of the spell itself provides several chances of proccing Trauma.

Trauma tends to be rightfully regarded as being best in the hands of a Resto Druid because of its outstanding synergy with the Wild Growth ability. Each use of the Wild Growth ability causes 42 chances of proccing the ability, so this ability by itself accounts for the majority of a Rdruid's Trauma procs. Often, a Rdruid will find great use of this weapon even if the fight only intermittently involves AoE healing.

Holy Pallies aren't as suited to the weapon as the above 2 specs. Holy Priests don't really benefit from it quite as much either. Glyphed Prayer of Healing causes 15 chances of proccing Trauma (or more, since party members' pets are also healed), but PoH usage doesn't share the sustainability of Chain Heal or Wild Growth.
    Thank you for this. The reason for this thread is because I believe I got ninjaed in a raid yesterday. Me, a boomie(who rolled resto) and a holy paladin(raid leader) rolled for Trauma heroic. The hpala rolled highest. He had previously denied me an item I won by rolling highest, but I wasn't THAT bothered about it, this is probably the 5th time in the last couple of months that I've gotten ninjaed in raids, but anyway - I was amazed he would even roll, I explained to him that the weapon is prio for rshamans and rdruids, as he denied me the said item above saying "cloth is prio for cloth wearers" (yes, I rolled a cloth item for a shaman as it had better stats than the one I had) but the guy would not have it! Kept arguing with me about it, I just wanted to see people's opinions on this, as I felt incredibly deceived.