1. 3% inc damage from curse is bull ****. 1 bm hunter will cover it and do twice or ur damage. Affliction is bull****. This is tbc and theres no class or spec diversity. Something works, something not.

If you wanna class and spec diversity - you should consider playing another expansion.
    Always the same ****ing bull****. Don't comment if you don't know what you're talking about, and you clearly don't.

@op:
    Affliction is viable, and it's a great idea to have 1 per 25 man raid. They bring 3% more damage on their CoE, 5% reduces physical damage from the boss (often overlooked but really nice), have the only long range instant cast spammable snare in the game (Curse of Exhaustion, great for fights like Vashj!) AND because they don't sac their pet, they can provide the tank with Blood Pact (the Imp stamina buff). There are a lot of benefits to the raid for bringing one Affliction Warlock, but bringing so many buffs over other Warlock specs means you'll do less DPS than those other specs.

You can also look into Demonology, which does more DPS than Destruction until high T5-low T6 but is a lot harder to play (due to pet management, pet dies = DPS gone).

And even as Destruction there's outplay potential. The garden variety noob Warlock will only cast Shadowbolts while good Warlocks know that Immolate, for example, is a DPS increase and that you should spec into 5/5 Imp Immolate because of that, and keep Immolate up when you are not Bloodlusted. Of course only if there's a Fire Mage using Imp Scorch.

Just keep a spreadsheet with your numbers so you can compare the specs, which spells to use etc etc. You can easily squeeze out an additional 100-200 DPS by changing your spec and optimizing your rotation.

2. immolate, optimising rotation...what a bull****
    best thing to optimise ur output is to simplify your rotation. 1 button for shadowbolt, 2 button once per minute for doom. Less things you get to track about ur rotation, more efficient you are. If you dont need to care about dots etc, you can focus on not dying from ****.

all this qq about how cool it is to play complicated specs is for *****s who struggle in kz but feel somehow special.
    This game is fcn 12 year old, all **** is calculated, already known, and managed to be forgotten and calculated once more.

ps: i can aggre on 3% damage boost from coe if u run heavy caster comp, but other's is just meh.
    first of all. if u play affli, u cant do same dps as shadowbolt destro, so giving you best loot isnt smart move, coz that shadowbolt guy will shine in better gearm when on u its just a waste. which brings us to huge gear gap, and dps difference. i can imagine bis affli locks only on old servers where sunwell being farmed for couple years. on a progression server - gearing weak spec in bis gear is jusst a waste of gear, coz other specs will output way more and will make progression easier. I tihnk u got my point. ofc if u playing in a guild with loot counlil, and not 3rd grade ep/gp or dcp farming dogs.
    Edited: August 5, 2018

3. 0 respect to any pve locks playing the shadowbolt spam build lmao
    if ur gonna play a mousewheel spec at least play something cool like enha or hunter, not a lock that deletes its pet

4. Dont listen to this mainmachine guy, he has no clue what he is talking about. By his words all poeple should play destro lock, press 1 button, get bored after 2 weeks and quit.. Aff lock 1 per raid is good to have.

5. immolate, optimising rotation...what a bull****
    best thing to optimise ur output is to simplify your rotation. 1 button for shadowbolt, 2 button once per minute for doom. Less things you get to track about ur rotation, more efficient you are. If you dont need to care about dots etc, you can focus on not dying from ****.
    Yeah only if you're a mouth breather. If you have an IQ above 90 however you can keep track of a curse AND Immolate, while still casting shadowbolts. And yeah, it's a DPS increase. But hey, don't take my word from it. With the CORRECT 0/21/40 spec (http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...12200510530050) 2k Spell Damage, 16% hit, 35% crit, 5% haste and the 4pT6 bonus the damage per cast time of Immolate is 2865, and the damage per cast time of Shadowbolt is 2553 (Misery, CoE, Imp Scorch and Shadow Weaving all up).

6. "2k Spell Damage" areyousure aboutthat

7. "2k Spell Damage" areyousure aboutthat
    ye this theory masters know all numbers. even tho 2k spd in tbc is close to impossible.

8. Few years ago I ran accross a movie, but can't find it anymore(will try to find it). There was 25man raid in BT boss Illidan, 2 warlocks in it, 1 destro and 1 affliction same gear score(or more ore less equal gear), both with fraps, dmg meters etc,..

In the end affliction warlock did more damage and was on top of the damage meter, but less DPS then destruction warlock.

9. immolate, optimising rotation...what a bull****
    That's the exact opposite of optimization

Might as well have a bot play the game for you while you're at it

10. ye this theory masters know all numbers. even tho 2k spd in tbc is close to impossible.
    it's rly not impossible at all if you consider raid buffs, flasks, procs and eventually trinket actives or racial if you play orc.

11. Full Demo (2/41/15+) will out DPS them both on AoE heavy fights!

Considering personal DPS:

Early on you enter Tier 4 Affliction outshines Destruction as full Affliction (41/3/15+) gains a lot from Suppression and the Shadoweave set if you go tailoring, and you don't have a lot of extra crit/haste at the point which favors Destro. At the start of Tier 5 Destro starts to rapidly surpass Affliction as hit cap becomes a lesser concern. At the same time, Demonology gains 2 key pieces that, in my opinion, make it the best spec for the next few raids: the 2t5 bonus that heals your pet, and the Void Star Talisman that gives your Felguard a lot of protection from damage. Now there are some fights during this period where you can't keep your pet alive (eg Leo), but if you can you'll be at or near the top on any single target fights, and you will destroy everyone on AoE heavy fights (eg Hydross, Hyjal). The Felguard cleave and the bonus spell damage/crit to your seeds make this spec a monster in those situations. I would keep this spec until Black Temple. In Black Temple, the bosses hit hard enough that, again, Affliction/Ruin (40/0/21) becomes completely viable for the reasons others have mentioned before.

I suppose what I'm saying is, you can experience all of TBC as a non-Destruction Warlock and still have a viable raid spot throughout the content. Obviously both versions of Affliction and Demo are harder to play than Destruction, but they are incredibly fun to play in addition to everything I said above.

12. "2k Spell Damage" areyousure aboutthat
    ye this theory masters know all numbers. even tho 2k spd in tbc is close to impossible.
    I put it in to prove a point and you guys are too dim to see it. Shadowbolt scales better than Immolate (with any stat) and by putting in very high stats and showing that even with those almost impossible to reach stats Immolate is still better than Shadowbolt, I've proven that Immolate is always worth casting this expansion.

Also:

In a mix of T4 and T5 gear with both trinket procs active. So yeah, raid buffed you can reach 2k easily in TBC with top end gear.

13. Yeah only if you're a mouth breather. If you have an IQ above 90 however you can keep track of a curse AND Immolate, while still casting shadowbolts. And yeah, it's a DPS increase. But hey, don't take my word from it. With the CORRECT 0/21/40 spec (http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...12200510530050) 2k Spell Damage, 16% hit, 35% crit, 5% haste and the 4pT6 bonus the damage per cast time of Immolate is 2865, and the damage per cast time of Shadowbolt is 2553 (Misery, CoE, Imp Scorch and Shadow Weaving all up).
    Are you able to back this up with solid data? So far you've stated it as true and linked a talent spec as a prerequisite. Most players would suggest SB ends up being better. You have the burden of proof to change everyones mind, but you've actually given no supporting facts. Do you have logs supporting that immolate does more average damage per cast than SB does over the course of a fight?

14. how funny "immolate is better than shadowbolt" and you add screenshot from al'ar fight
    1909 shadow spd and you still thinks about immolation.
    Edited: August 9, 2018

15. In a mix of T4 and T5 gear with both trinket procs active. So yeah, raid buffed you can reach 2k easily in TBC with top end gear.
    Also youre some weird demo spec here which gives you a lot of sp as well...

First 123 Last