1. Mailbox Grieffing

Hello,

It has been quite a while some players decided to Grief the Auction House mailbox in Stormwind.

It was bannable on retail, and I am sure it is here, too

However, even if most reports have been successful so far, it seems unclear for some people, either it's me or the staff, wether or not it is a bannable thing:

What is grieffing ? Basically, standing still on a mailbox with a big mount (99% of the time a big Mammoth) and making people unable to click on it.

Now my question is simple: Is it bannable or not ?

Thanks @community

2. I recall that on Frostwolf there was some MoP statue that you could place in the exit to the mage tower that would stop anyone from being able to leave there once they teleported in. (Kinda funny, I have to admit). People got banned for that, though it was obviously a lot more disruptive.

3. as far as i remember, the official statement of warmanes stance regarding blocking as follows:

1. mailbox blocking is allowed to a certain extent, bans will not be given unless some player/players will successfully manage to block all mailboxes in the city, meaning you have to go to another city to use mailbox.
    2. portal blocking is not allowed to any extent and i know players get banned for it if reported.

it would be stupid to ban player who stand near mailbox with big mounts.

4. as far as i remember, the official statement of warmanes stance regarding blocking as follows:

1. mailbox blocking is allowed to a certain extent, bans will not be given unless some player/players will successfully manage to block all mailboxes in the city, meaning you have to go to another city to use mailbox.
    2. portal blocking is not allowed to any extent and i know players get banned for it if reported.

it would be stupid to ban player who stand near mailbox with big mounts.
    Alright thanks for the infos.

Although, yeah there are players with big mounts that would do that unintentionnally but players that are provokating the staff going "Eh Warmane doesn't even ban anyone, fk this staff, report me plebs" and standing still for hours on the same mailbox is kinda ******ed and is going, in my personnal opinion, in a too extreme of a disrespect toward other players.

Anyway, thanks

5. For dealing with this in the short-term instead of waiting for a GM response;
    You can zoom all the way into first-person mode, walk up under the person's mount, and you will be able to see the mailbox.
    There are also usually enough mailboxes in a city to where you can merely go and use another one. If all of them are getting blocked, then the issue is on another level entirely.

6. 1. mailbox blocking is allowed to a certain extent, bans will not be given unless some player/players will successfully manage to block all mailboxes in the city, meaning you have to go to another city to use mailbox.
    Doesn't Thunder Bluff only have one mailbox? Mammoth trollers beware, if so.

7. only a dumb *** would do this and on outland we have plenty of them doing this over npcs like the war masters.... cant do anything about it cant report them but hey we can port to another city like shatt or org and q from there.

8. Simply walk into player, go first-person mode, click mailbox and viola, problem solved.

9. Simply walk into player, go first-person mode, click mailbox and viola, problem solved.
    yeah and im sure that works when there 20+ people all stacked on top on one another
    why just not allow Mailbox and npc Grieffing?simple rule why should the majority cater to the minority?
    once a few tards get 24 hour or longer bans the number of Mailbox and npc Grieffers would drop big time.

10. yeah and im sure that works when there 20+ people all stacked on top on one another
    why just not allow Mailbox and npc Grieffing?simple rule why should the majority cater to the minority?
    once a few tards get 24 hour or longer bans the number of Mailbox and npc Grieffers would drop big time.
    why not just hire enough gm's so that 1 can walk around holding each players hand so they never run into an issue..

11. why not just hire enough gm's so that 1 can walk around holding each players hand so they never run into an issue..
    hire more gm's? so your saying the staff cant do there jobs as of right now?
    why not hire more gms because people have in game issues?

heres what a gm tells you to do = take screen shots and upload them in a ticket and they check into the matter at hand. hmmm kind of seems like the player is the one doing most of the work correct?but sadly no one really gets ban's other then botting from item to time.

lmfao hire more devs so they can fix/solve game issues man your a bright one...

12. your a bright one...
    as are you. a bright person would of realized it was sarcasm.

13. as are you. a bright person would of realized it was sarcasm.
    sure it was cause your a smart guy....

14. I don't think this should be considered bannable or griefing. It's an aspect of fun. Sure you might not enjoy it, but who enjoys getting ganked by the other faction, or losing in arena, wiping in raids, etc.... It's part of the game and I say don't nazi and police everything just because YOU don't like it. You can easily get around this via different cities, zooming in, etc... I don't think having GMs waste their time on this pettiness is useful at all.

Sure it is not necessarily polite or a particular good use of time, but people getting upset over someone doing something in a game, which after all this is an MMO, that may cause people who don't know what's going on a little time loss, is more likely to lose players and cause headaches for the GMs. It's usually done in fun sport and not actually ruining people's experiences, plus there's ways around it, which sure may waste your precious minutes, but if you need someone to be banned for taking up a couple minutes of your time from a video game, why are you wasting time playing a video game at all?

Similar idea with mage portals... I say keep doing it, it is funny and makes players think, and sometimes you go different routes and end up in a new place or an interesting experience when there's a big mammoth on your mouse cursor...

15. For dealing with this in the short-term instead of waiting for a GM response;
    You can zoom all the way into first-person mode, walk up under the person's mount, and you will be able to see the mailbox.
    There are also usually enough mailboxes in a city to where you can merely go and use another one. If all of them are getting blocked, then the issue is on another level entirely.
    Can you also do a statement on this regarding Shattrath->city portals? I just had ~10 alliance (I WarbringersI - scum) stacking on the orgirmmar portal, since there is only one, do you consider this as griefing then? They always do this after losing battlegrounds (so the whole day basically)

12 Last