1. Idea for pre-3.2.0 "early wotlk" realm

I know warmane do not plan on opening new realms, but I had this idea for a pre-3.2 server, to experience wotlk before it went total casual easymode. Let me know what you think.

Client: 3.3.5
    Blizzlike 1x rates

Your character starts at the ordinary starting area with 10s to afford a flight path, and you only need to discover flight paths in Northrend. You have a mail from some horde/alliance officer, declaring you are needed in Northrend and they have everything ready for you. You can choose to level up normally, but you are intended to take the zeppelin/boat to Northrend at lvl 1. When you arrive, you will talk to an NPC who will boost you to lvl 68 and give you a bag with a pre-wotlk gear set, and a class trainer will teach you skills. All trainers will teach skills up to lvl 68 for free. You have to earn gold normally by questing to afford mount and all your skills and professions starts from 1.

All content will be as in pre-3.2.0 wotlk. That means ICC, Ruby sanctum, and ToC is closed, Heroics drop emblem of heroism, Onyxia is lvl 60, and Ulduar is the highest content. No wrathful or relentless gladiator. You will level Northrend as intended at 1x XP, Blue 80 items are valuable again and needed for Naxx and heroics. No dungeon finder, no weekly raid quest, only daily heroic quest. Early wotlk progression; the first half of the xpac that died after 3.2.

2. Hello! Lordaeron was a progressive realm, releasing Vanilla, TBC and finally Wotlk content gradually.
    As far as I know, there won't be a redo of this anytime soon.
    Best regards!

3. Not really what I was looking for though. Only the now-dead content between Howling fjord and Ulduar so to speak.

4. Hello! Lordaeron was a progressive realm, releasing Vanilla, TBC and finally Wotlk content gradually.
    As far as I know, there won't be a redo of this anytime soon.
    Best regards!
    HAY yeeee, how long was "Lordaeron Vanilla" (with WOTLK talents etc to make it 100% easier) even out before going TBC?
    but whatever, The realm got pretty much hype, people loved the early progression they haven't seen in a decade, Including Naxx and Ulduar, Now remind me ... how much people left the realm after ToC and ICC released?
    Well enough to have people make posts on forum about it being "dead".

But your right, we had it once before so...

5. Well, sorry but you're late to the party. Warmane already did Lordaeron years ago, which is exactly what you're talking about. I highly doubt that they'll relaunch it.

6. Playing early wotlk with class mechanics of patch 3.3.5 is a unbalanced mess.
    More gear dependent specs are completely unviable and less gear dependent specs highly outperform the rest.
    The raids would need custom buffs because otherwise its easy going.
    Pvp in deadly or furious gear means that certain specs are able to global opponents while other specs are underperforming.

In order to have a blizzlike experience the realm would need to be on the same patch like its content. Means Warmane would need to script all the class mechanics like they were back in 3.2.0. Thats highly unlikely to happen...

7. Playing early wotlk with class mechanics of patch 3.3.5 is a unbalanced mess.
    More gear dependent specs are completely unviable and less gear dependent specs highly outperform the rest.
    The raids would need custom buffs because otherwise its easy going.
    Pvp in deadly or furious gear means that certain specs are able to global opponents while other specs are underperforming.

In order to have a blizzlike experience the realm would need to be on the same patch like its content. Means Warmane would need to script all the class mechanics like they were back in 3.2.0. Thats highly unlikely to happen...
    I think you're highly exaggerating. What specs will do worse or better, because of what specific changes post-3.2? If blizz chnaged the scaling of some abilities, that can be easily adjusted back.

8. I think you're highly exaggerating.
    I don't and everybody who played on Lordaeron during naxx and deadly gladi times can confirm that.

9. I don't and everybody who played on Lordaeron during naxx and deadly gladi times can confirm that.
    Tell me about it. The only thing i can think of is that blizz buffed resilence after t10 came out because the damage got so ridiculous. So they might need to tune down resi.

10. would turn out just like lord if not worse. big hype at the start, then losing half or more of it's population over time. not worth warmanes time nor effort imo.

11. why did not you dispute or have voted on the sit

12. would turn out just like lord if not worse. big hype at the start, then losing half or more of it's population over time. not worth warmanes time nor effort imo.
    I'll agree here, but go into it a little more.

The success of icecrown is from a few things. It started out as a progression server LONG AGO (as all servers must start), but it developed into a stable model. It has an economy that needs to be dealt with sometimes (the squishes for example), but it provides re-playable content and a nice experience for your average player to stop in, get his play time nostalgia and hop out, but also maintain a FARM environment for guilds and people who have multiple chars and only play this game (see all the LOD farm guilds or progression ones, etc..), not to mention there's PVP and PVE. So Icecrown is stable, and continues to attract without scaring off it's base. A great success.

Lordaeron on the other hand, was more hardcore so the transition into end-end game, (which I mean turning into a sustainable icecrown like server), probably won't happen once the buffed hard content is done and progressed. But currently it is holding on and offers a slower, casual leveling environment, with a lot of end game content to tackle. The problem will be, will it hold population, or what changes will need to be made so that it doesn't die out? Turn off the hardcore raiding and convert to normal to have a 2nd server which may or may not co-exist well with Icecrown (given cross-realm pvp being developed, and long-term end game content being done by the elitist of guilds because it's supposed to be hard), I don't see Lordaeron lasting. However, I think it was a success. It drew a huge crowd and offered a different play versus the Deathwing/Ragnaros realms, and not every server can be sustained. Maybe it will be decomissioned once it runs its course, or keep evolving into something interesting, (for now I think it is fine, just guessing its future :P).

I predict Outland ends up like Icecrown as long as interest in TBC is maintained due to how it was released and with no competing server. It has the same model and can be sustained. Has higher rate, the store is unlocked as it progresses, and the population is pretty damn good so I see Icecrown and Outland doing fine in the long run (for WoW pservers atleast).

As for going back and doing an expansion we've already progressed again. I don't see it happening on warmane. Maybe a vanilla server, but that drew tons of attention and warmane passed, so I don't see it happening, especially now with Bliz possibly doing it. You can play outland right now and icecrown or lordaeron and get the TBC / Wrath experience, so that only leaves vanilla which I don't see happening for reasons above, or a new realm, but Cata didn't work out, and Frostwolf doesn't seem to have a huge crowd, but I don't know much about mists.

I think for now, warmane will sustain off icecrown and outland, and as for future servers, unless there's huge community interest in one (or however warmane decides to launch a server), I think what we have now is what we got, and warmane will try to maintain this and not spread their resources/focus to create more Neltharions or Medivh's.

Sorry this got a little longer than intended and I am not trying to put too much effort into this post, but basically, I don't see a new progression server happening in the near future, and the option is there on current servers if you dictate the gear yourself like in a progression guild which takes organization obviously, and you won't have the 3.2.0 update, but that's as close as you can get really. I see threads pop up every now and then or messages in global where people are interested in these things. Just right time right place.

Edit: Being optimistic, maybe a legion server in the next 5 years if there's interest and it isn't buggy ;)
    Otherwise, wrath, tbc, or retail seems the way to go.
    Edited: July 31, 2018

13. Tell me about it. The only thing i can think of is that blizz buffed resilence after t10 came out because the damage got so ridiculous. So they might need to tune down resi.
    They changed tons of class mechanics over the patches.
    Just to give u an idea: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_3.2.0
    Spoiler: Show
    Death knights

Due to significant talent changes, all death knight talents will be reset for players.

[Blood Plague]: Damage done increased by 15%.
    [Chains of Ice]: Now reduces movement by 95% instead of 100%. The main effect of this change will be that targets of Chains of Ice will not have to re-issue a movement command to continue moving.
    [Frost Fever]: Damage done increased by 15%.
    [Frost Presence]: 10% bonus health reduced to 6% bonus stamina.
    [Frost Strike]: This ability can now be dodged, parried, or blocked. Weapon damage bonus reduced to 55%, down from 60%.
    [Icebound Fortitude]: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes.
    Talents
    Blood
    [Bloody Strikes]: This talent now provides 5/10/15% increased damage to [Blood Strike] instead of 15/30/45%.
    [Dancing Rune Weapon]: This ability now has a fixed duration of 12 seconds (which can still be modified by its glyph) and a fixed cost of 60 runic power.
    [Veteran of the Third War]: Stamina bonus reduced to 1/2/3%.
    Frost
    [Blood of the North]: Reduced to a 3-point talent. Increases Blood Strike and Frost Strike damage by 3/6/10%. There is now a 33/66/100% chance whenever you hit with Blood Strike or [Pestilence] that the Blood Rune will become a Death Rune when it activates.
    [Lichborne]: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.
    [Threat of Thassarian]: New 3-point talent. When dual-wielding, your Death Strikes, Obliterates, Plague Strikes, Blood Strikes and Frost Strikes have a 30/60/100% chance to also deal damage with your off-hand weapon. Off-hand strikes are roughly one half the effect of the original strike.
    [Toughness]: This talent now grants 2/4/6/8/10% armor instead of 3/6/9/12/15%, placing it in line with similar abilities of other classes.
    Unholy
    [Desecration]: This talent has been reduced to 2 points for 25/50% snare and no longer increases damage done by the death knight. It has also been moved one tier earlier in the tree and its spell effect has been made more transparent.
    [Desolation]: New talent. This talent is in the position formerly occupied by Desecration. It causes Blood Strikes to increase all damage the death knight deals by 1/2/3/4/5% for 12 seconds.
    [Scourge Strike]: Weapon damage bonus reduced to 40%, down from 45%. Damage increased by 10% per disease on the target, down from 11%.
    [Summon Gargoyle]: The gargoyle now flies lower to the ground, making it susceptible to melee attacks. This ability now has a fixed duration of 30 seconds and a fixed cost of 60 runic power.
    [Unholy Blight]: This talent has been redesigned. It no longer deals damage to nearby targets. Instead, when you deal damage with Death Coil, the target will take periodic damage for 10 seconds equal to 20% of the damage done by Death Coil. This damage accumulates in the same way as Ignite and Deep Wounds.

These aren't just small changes that could be easily reverted.
    Edited: July 31, 2018

14. The success of icecrown is from a few things. It started out as a progression server LONG AGO (as all servers must start)
    what kind of bs is this?. icecrown never started as a progression server, neither deathwing/ragnaros did. u either have no clue or just confused

15. what kind of bs is this?. icecrown never started as a progression server, neither deathwing/ragnaros did. u either have no clue or just confused
    When a server launches, it is fresh, thus it is progressing, so all servers basically start as progression, even if all the content was released at once. Sure you can argue that you can skip some content here and there, but you can do that on progression servers too no? You really gonna nitpick my post for that little detail lol.. Minor in the majority of what I said anyway.

12 Last