1. Are you an alliance? If yes, what is your nickname?

2. Gearscore was most definetly a thing in retail but it exploded at the same time as Ulduar came out due to the difficulty of the dungeon.
    GS addon for ToC, OS, VoA, Every single RDF, Onyxia etc is totally useless since those raids have no challenge what so ever.
    At the end of WOTLK on retail, people recruiting for raids often wanted the same GS on people as the GS on the items that dropped in that raid, especially ToC was like this.

The thing is this, Everyone has the items from the first bosses of ICC and everyone wants the loot that drops on later bosses, and judging from how every ICC raid goes right now, there's no wonder the GS limit and Achievement needed for many raids are ridiculously high.

What makes people angry is that, no matter if everyone has "Kingslayer", 90% of the raids cannot pass sindragosa, and there's been new rules every year on how to make pug raids better (Loot bann, Keeping loot until timer runs out, reserving Boe's, reserving Recipes, Giving proper loot to the proper class **DBW still goes to ret paladins sometimes yes BUT its better now then what it used to be**, Min GS, Min achieve) but the quality of pug raids have not gone up even one bit, Rather the opposite, people are "too pro" for this and leaves after 1 foolish ninja pull or lets say OT gets vile gased from 1 Range dps, just to die from Big ooze and wipe the raid, easy misstake, 1 try again and its progress 100%, but people still leave, and once 5 people leaves, the "leave Train" starts.

The problem isn't gear, its that people just simple do not care.

In retail you payed the sub fee every month, you get 4 ICC's every month's, lets say you pay roughly 4 dollars each ICC raid, On retail it was even NORMAL for pugs to wipe 5-10 times on LK before killing him, youl be lucky if your raid survives even 1 wipe on any dungeon in this realm.

3. Maybe I should give Lord a try.
    please do. icecrown has enough whiners.

4. Gearscore was most definetly a thing in retail but it exploded at the same time as Ulduar came out due to the difficulty of the dungeon.
    GS addon for ToC, OS, VoA, Every single RDF, Onyxia etc is totally useless since those raids have no challenge what so ever.
    At the end of WOTLK on retail, people recruiting for raids often wanted the same GS on people as the GS on the items that dropped in that raid, especially ToC was like this.

The thing is this, Everyone has the items from the first bosses of ICC and everyone wants the loot that drops on later bosses, and judging from how every ICC raid goes right now, there's no wonder the GS limit and Achievement needed for many raids are ridiculously high.

What makes people angry is that, no matter if everyone has "Kingslayer", 90% of the raids cannot pass sindragosa, and there's been new rules every year on how to make pug raids better (Loot bann, Keeping loot until timer runs out, reserving Boe's, reserving Recipes, Giving proper loot to the proper class **DBW still goes to ret paladins sometimes yes BUT its better now then what it used to be**, Min GS, Min achieve) but the quality of pug raids have not gone up even one bit, Rather the opposite, people are "too pro" for this and leaves after 1 foolish ninja pull or lets say OT gets vile gased from 1 Range dps, just to die from Big ooze and wipe the raid, easy misstake, 1 try again and its progress 100%, but people still leave, and once 5 people leaves, the "leave Train" starts.

The problem isn't gear, its that people just simple do not care.

In retail you payed the sub fee every month, you get 4 ICC's every month's, lets say you pay roughly 4 dollars each ICC raid, On retail it was even NORMAL for pugs to wipe 5-10 times on LK before killing him, youl be lucky if your raid survives even 1 wipe on any dungeon in this realm.
    This is an excellent post and I am happy that we have intellectuals such as yourself on the server. My experience pugging ICC has been EXACTLY what you described.I have also experienced the "leave train". I played retail and I just don't get the same fuzzy feelings I got on retail. Here people get scammed and they get laughed at and ridiculed in global chat. I just feel like the server would function better if there was more emphasis on community,there are simply too many bullies on this server.

5. Thank you, Sadly there's no easy fix for peoples behavior, Warmane has done many things to try keep problems from scaling out of proportions, such as Banning ninjas (as long as your supply proof, screenshots or Stream), Banning scammers (same thing here, screenshots is a must), Banning bots, banning win trading, Banning AFK in Bg's, Banning Racism / staff and donor bashing, and the new anti cheat system works much better then the old one.

What you really have to do is join a guild, and leave /global, Trade and General chatt.
    Most guilds have a totally different attitude towards it's players and help out rather then trying to troll you and send you to wrong places.
    Guilds also makes exceptions to people who lack (at least some) gear, and rather Replace you later on if you cant pull your weight rather then not bring you at all.

For the record I tried to gear 1 of my 10 bis toons through Pug raiding alone just to se how long it actually takes, and it was a nightmare, for 6 month's I only got 1 item, and not a "bis" item, rather something no one wanted just to boost my GS, I finally gave up the pug raiding and that next raid I went with Guild, I got 4 "BiS" items.
    The difference is night and day and if I was to only pug ICC, I would not even play simply because of the bad experience.

6. It's also not "pay to win," as no item in the shop can't be found normally in the game.
    mm well that's not strictly true, some examples:

TCG toys like flag of ownership
    the crazy huge 36 slot bags
    Relentless/furious weapons
    Being able to have multiple ashen verdict rings at once

just off the top of my head, there may be more.

7. This topic is such a downer for any new player who wants to play here. It shows stuff will never get better.

You say you dont have the time to try out people but when some 6kgs LoD credit card hero cant even move from AoE it takes double the time to find more people.

No wonder ICC pugs on warmane are 3 hour snooze fests where you play 1 hour and wait/afk the other 2 hours.

8. TCG toys like flag of ownership
    the crazy huge 36 slot bags
    Relentless/furious weapons
    Being able to have multiple ashen verdict rings at once
    I don't take into consideration items that weren't available in the patch version anymore in the first place. They aren't absent in the game for "pay-to-win," but because they aren't obtainable - they couldn't "be found normally in the game" anyways. We just provide a way to get some of them and you aren't going to "win" because of any of them. The rings exist in the game and can be traded for a different one already, while equipping more than one is a bannable exploit as far as I remember.

But I'm sure you'll find something else to nitpick about.

9. I don't take into consideration items that weren't available in the patch version anymore in the first place. They aren't absent in the game for "pay-to-win," but because they aren't obtainable - they couldn't "be found normally in the game" anyways. We just provide a way to get some of them and you aren't going to "win" because of any of them. The rings exist in the game and can be traded for a different one already, while equipping more than one is a bannable exploit as far as I remember.

But I'm sure you'll find something else to nitpick about.
    no nitpicks here, just addressing the statement about everything in the store being findable in the game :p
    it's quite nice not to have to join a raid enter icc w/ the huge pvp gankfest and spend 100g whenever you are going to respec to change a ring tho
    and yeah the bags don't affect combat but I never alleged that any of these things do
    i don't think the bags were ever found in the game, were they? I certainly never got them, maybe they were some limited edition or tcg thing on retail.
    Edited: July 30, 2018

10. TCG toys like flag of ownership
    Hey that's not a bad idea, How about Warmane starts selling "trading cards" as well.

But on a serious note, There used to be a"DPS" test on all ICC raids back in the days, where you always tested the raid DPS on a big skeleton before Lord Marrowgar, There you kicked people who didn't know how to play their class or heavily underperformed on dps.
    I wonder why of all things, this got excluded.

11. no nitpicks here, just addressing the statement about everything in the store being findable in the game :p
    The statement was that "no item can't be found normally in game." The normal for the items you listed is "to not be found" (the ring being an exception, but found in the game already, and none of the multiples you can get in the store aren't in the game), hence the statement remains in fact correct - the normal for the items in the shop happens in-game.

12. Nitpicking 101

Make 100% sure you got your facts straight before you start.

13. The statement was that "no item can't be found normally in game." The normal for the items you listed is "to not be found" (the ring being an exception, but found in the game already, and none of the multiples you can get in the store aren't in the game), hence the statement remains in fact correct - the normal for the items in the shop happens in-game.
    That's why i clarified on the original post that the thing that is not found in the game is the state of having both rings at once. I was not referring to the individual rings at any point.

This all merely as the presentation of 4 things that you cannot obtain in-game without the store, there's really no way to spin it as something else, no argument being made by me. So the store offers some exclusive things to donors? There's really no problem with that until it starts impacting dps/pvp directly, via custom items and stuff with thousands of stats like a fun server would do, and I don't think warmane would ever do that.

And says I'm just posting information rather than an argument, there is no need to be defensive, either.
    Edited: July 30, 2018

14. All this could be avoided. But no, it's better to cry abit, play a bit victim on how stupid everyone is. Except you, of coarse, you are one of those 5 good pugs on whole realm. Thing is if you would want and if you would be capable you would be in a guild with bunch of like-minded players doing stuff you want and like with quality.

Here is one thought,
    this is where you want to be consciously or not. Poor underdog, martyr, fighting with impaired mainstream gs stackers.

15. TCG toys like flag of ownership
    Complaining about the important things.

This topic is such a downer for any new player who wants to play here. It shows stuff will never get better.
    Like in any other online community, yes. How does the community of this server compare to that of five years ago? You got it. Or maybe I'm looking through the rose-coloured glasses of nostalgia?

First 1234 ... Last