1. The Community on this server is absolutely unacceptable

I spent approximately 2 weeks gearing to 5.1k GS getting ninja'd for banner 6 times before finally winning it,only to have people tell me I can't join ICC because my GS is "too low" .When I have gotten into ICC,I usually beat out people with much higher GS. Why am I not given a chance to prove myself here? It seems there is almost a soft cap to get people to donate in order to experience ICC. I did ICC on retail with 5k GS,yet people here ask for 5.5-6k. I understand donations keep the server alive,but it makes it very hard for non donors to get into an ICC group. I do not want to hear from people that have 100 friends on this server that they geared to 6k in one week,I understand some people here have connections. I am having a difficult time understanding why I need 1k more GS than required to do very basic raids.What is the point of overgearing raids anyways? Something needs to chance as this turns off great raiders from the server.I recently spoke to a guild master with terrible English and he concluded that I was lazy/wanted free gear because I told him ToC wasn't worth it for a 40 point GS increase when 3 drops from ICC will put me at 5.3-5.4. It almost seems like the "bads" from retail joined here just to be a "big fish in a small pond".Terrible elitist attitudes from people that aren't even remotely close to being competent wow players.

2. The community here only cares about GS. And that's indeed pretty sad.
    I mean, just an example of how bad it is, as a 5.2k pala, I was told I couldn't get into the random hc group for my daily frost because I was too low geared.

I often see people with extremely bad gear for their class/spec, but they just use the item because it has more GS to it, so it must be better right?
    And since almost everyone does this, you end up with 5k+ people with items that are almost worthless for them and put them at the dps level of a 4k gear. So raid leaders ask for people with 6k GS for content needing 5k for that reason.

The best way to do this content is to find a guild willing to either "carry" you through it, or progressing through the content and at the same level as you.

3. I don't understand why it's a carry though. If I am outputting the same dps as everyone else,why does it matter if my gs is low?

4. If you got ninjaed 6 times then you should've reported it.

About GS requirements: people don't have the time to have you prove yourself. GS is a reasonably good measure of skill. Also in most pugs people afk or simply don't do things right so they need to find overgeared people to compensate for that.

5. If you got ninjaed 6 times then you should've reported it.

About GS requirements: people don't have the time to have you prove yourself. GS is a reasonably good measure of skill. Also in most pugs people afk or simply don't do things right so they need to find overgeared people to compensate for that.
    Exactly what I wanted to write. People don't have time to test if you really know what you are doing inside ICC so your gear score (sometimes having achiev) is the only relevant way to prove yourself.
    Edited: July 30, 2018

6. If you got ninjaed 6 times then you should've reported it.

Gearscore is not a measure of skill on a pay to win server.I never encountered these issues in retail. Maybe this is unique to free to play games.

7. Gearscore is not a measure of skill on a pay to win server.I never encountered these issues in retail. Maybe this is unique to free to play games.
    This isn't retail. The kind of players and issues you'll find here are different from retail. It's also not "pay to win," as no item in the shop can't be found normally in the game. Your insinuation that "there's a soft cap to donate" is particularly funny - what do the players making the requirements have to do with donations?

You're just refusing to accept the fact two players already exposed to you: people aren't going to use a raid slot with every person who goes to them saying they can perform well. Gearscore isn't a measure of skill, but it can work as a measure of power, so it's more reliable then a a player making claims about their performance. Yes, it can be inflated with bad items, but chances usually are higher that greater gearscore will mean producing numbers that compensate lack of skill, than that people saying they are good in fact are good enough to do better than that high gearscore inexperienced guy.

Is this ideal? No, it isn't, and that's where your abilities to start your own PUGs without gearscore requirements , to join a guild that gives you the chance to prove yourself or to start your own guild comes into place.

8. Oh boy. There is no such thing.

Anyway, the GS problem you're bringing up is real. I'd just delete the addon from your folders if I were you and then get a guild to raid with.

9. Gearscore is not a measure of skill on a pay to win server.I never encountered these issues in retail. Maybe this is unique to free to play games.
    gs gives them a rough idea of what your capable of. that plus an achi at least gives them the best chance of you being decent. best way to avoid this is to find a guild. servers been running for over 2 years. even without a coin shop you'd have plenty of bis people.

worst comes to worst give lord a try, people there like doing things the slow way so maybe they'll take the time to see if your good or not.

10. Gearscore is not a measure of skill on a pay to win server.I never encountered these issues in retail. Maybe this is unique to free to play games.
    Retail today and for past few years is 100% the same,people set way higher itemlevel that you actually need for raid + ask for echievement and most of the time also go to wowprogress to check your score and everything you have done, before they inv you.Back in the days on WOTLK gear score was still not a thing so they asked for achievements only,but ninja looting was just as bad or even worst then ninjalooting today because blizzard didn't had any policy for it.If you consider yourself as good player and have done this raids before i cant understand why don't you simple join a guild?
    Edited: July 30, 2018

11. Well I just didn't run into the issue of GS in retail,I always found guilds throughout my 10 years of playing that were willing to help a competent raider get geared. It seems like the attitude here is about getting things done as fast as possible,most guilds require 5.5 GS to raid and they basically tell you that either you donate for better gear or you will not be attending raids. Maybe I should give Lord a try.

12. Reaching 5.5 without getting into a guild is perfectly feasible.

13. Reaching 5.5 without getting into a guild is perfectly feasible.
    Maybe you have a lose definition of feasible. Even if you get into pugs,a lot of time they are wipefest and you don't get any gear. Is getting geared without donating possible? Absolutely. However I think that it is a bit disingenuous to say that getting geared for ICC is feasible. The people that say they got 6k GS are in the same position as people who become rich in their 20s because of who they/their parents know. It's easy to be rich if you come from a wealthy family,would you feel comfortable stating that it is easy to be rich just because it is easy for a person already born into wealth? The fact of the matter is that GS does not prove skill in a server where you can donate for a higher GS.

14. The people that say they got 6k GS are in the same position as people who become rich in their 20s because of who they/their parents know. It's easy to be rich if you come from a wealthy family,would you feel comfortable stating that it is easy to be rich just because it is easy for a person already born into wealth?
    So I guess both getting rich and gearing with patience, time and hard work don't exist.

The fact of the matter is that GS does not prove skill in a server where you can donate for a higher GS.
    You're still failing to understand that the same applies to you claiming you're better. You saying you did this and that on retail doesn't proves skill either. Both taking someone with high gearscore and you blindly to a raid is a risk, but while you just have your word, people with gearscore have potential do just overcompensate lack of skill with numbers. For PUGs, it's safer to take someone unskilled but with overblown gear than someone who can only offer words about skill, which is why, yet again, you are capable of starting your own PUGs or guilds that don't have such requirements and offer people a chance to prove their skill inside raids.

15. I don't understand your point. Who would pay for gear just to farm ICC, which is something you'll have to do anyway?

123 ... Last