1. Chaos Bane

Discussion about /cancelaura Chaos Bane.
    Is it worth using as unholy DPS? Stacks gather up swiftly and the proc can hit almost up to 5k. I strongly believe it's more of a DPS increase than the strength buff it gives.

I know it was worth it when death and decay got you stacks from literally every tick and you could chaos bane in AoE 3 times a second but is it still the case?

2. download chaos buddy and go ham on a dummy
    i avoid using it as ret simply because the actual buff has tangible secondary benefits
    like hiding all your visual effects when you turn black, so you can pop wings without 10 horde switching to you reflexively to burst you down.

3. The thing with cancelling Chaos Bane is an extremely gimmicky and delicate business that can require a fair number of specific conditions for it to work.

Warrior and DK Shadowmourne users generally don't build Soul Fragment stacks quick enough for it to be worthwhile. Even Ret Pallies, for whom cancelling Chaos Bane works the best, have to be wary of how the damage can so often be split (and essentially lost) on targets that don't matter. The damage from Chaos Bane also doesn't really scale with AoE situations too much because the damage it deals is divided among all targets hit, whereas a higher Str/AP value will always correspond to stronger AoE.