1. New Paladin - Ques about spending points

Hi all. started a BE paladin recently and am leveling as Ret (shocker there). However, my end goal will be to have the pally be focused on tanking (I already have a healer druid and countless dps classes).

I have points to spend on the website and wanted to know what would be the best choice. Typically folks say, "Go for a trinket, as that will last you a long time before needing to be upgraded." Keeping that in mind and knowing I want to focus on tanking I see two options (please tell me if there is a better option):
    1. Eitrigg's Oath - Dodge can be helpful, but the on-use of extra armor looks nice.
    2. Flare of Heavens - I read that most of a paladin's skills use holy damage and not physical, and so spell power is important. FoH would help with damage and threat, but I don't know by how much.

So, thoughts? Thanks!

2. Flare of Heavens? wut? You don't use that when you are not a caster. Don't forget that you have double taunt as prot pala and you are less likely to lose aggro if you use the correct spell and rotation unless you tank for high gear guys.

If you want to tank, I would advise you to spend on weapons and shields once you reach 80. One of the really good tanking trinket is "The black Heart", and you can farm them easily in Trial of Champion 5 men (different trinkets for different role drops there so you should not have to worry much about recruiting people especially when you are tanking). You may choose Eitrigg's Oath as another trinket though.

3. Hey there!

For Protection I wouldn't recommend spending points on Trinkets because there are plenty of good trinkets you can get in game from dungeons and soon after, EoT/EoFs.

Essence of Gossamer from 2nd boss in AN Heroic, The Black Heart from ToC5N. Easily obtainable, and they give you decent stats.

Eitrigg's Oath is horrible to spend points on because 1) you can easily get it from ToC10 and no one will want it 2) Heart of Iron is a much better option from point shop.

Hope I wasn't too late! Enjoy tanking!
    Edited: August 2, 2018 Reason: Spelling error

4. Alright, first off it is totally up to you what you spend your VP's on. This is what I would do:

1) MH + Shield

Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers + Bulwark of Algalon (239)

OR

If you plan on doing any Herald Tanking

Shiver + The Boreal Guard (232)

2) Bronze Pendant of the Vanir (Neck)

Herald alternative:

Necklace of Unerring Mettle (226)

3) As far as trinkets go, Royal Seal of King Llane + Furnace Stone OR Royal Seal of King Llane + The Black Heart (TOC5 Trinket)

4) Rings:

Loop of the Twin Val'kyr (If you can't get it in a TOC10 Run, nearly always drops from the Twin Valkyr)
    Seal of Ulduar
    The Leviathan's Coil

Regards.

5. Your threat scales with Str (check your prot talents) so you don't need to stack spell power at all. I think those suggesting you get a good MH and Shield are giving you great advice, as that will help you the most immediately after hitting 80. I'd go with Xanaria's suggestion if I were you.

6. TY so much to everyone for your suggestions and your insight. I may have read some old/wrong info regarding the SP.

I decided to go ahead and purchase a shield for now. I'l work towards a 1h soon, but can probably buy something off the AH if I absolutely have to as soon as i hit 80.