1. What GS should I get before running heroics?

I have a 1.9k gs holy priest and it's so hard to find groups to run normal dungeons and get better gear. What gs should I get before running these dungeons on heroic?

2. People usually agree on 2.2k ish relevant pve gear. Of course you can get away with less if the tank and party is overgeared for the instance.
    Pick up the Mooncloth set from tailoring and you should be in good shape for heroics.

Edit: Maybe post the name of your priest for item tips
    Edited: August 4, 2018

3. You can have 2,6k GS and still you will be on 0 BH. Gearscore is bull**** on TBC, it serves only as information for PUG raidleaders to approximatelly know hows your gear, nothing else. For example, I outdpsed 3,4k GS enhance in 2.9k GS enhance gear and I was in worse group ... with holy pal and R druid.

4. We all know GS is bull**** but nevertheless we still use it because there is no other way to join a global raid/party. OP the transition from~2kgs to ~2.2kgs (optimal GS that will get you into global parties) is probably the hardest. You can get one pvp item or grind some gold and buy craftables. Axiomaa is absolutely true in the end--you can pimp your GS but please make sure you understand your class and make sure you get proper items/gems/enchants.

5. Gearscore might be bull**** but... i already made the experience that if you do a HC MGT gs counts sometimes a lot.
    We been a decent group but had a mage with 2,4k gs in the group and because of the low GS he had arround 5,4k hp.
    So when ever any of the mobs did an AOE of focusd him he was simply 1shot by the mobs and it was impossible to heal him back up.

6. @ holyhorror what u are saying makes no sense IMO, u make it sound like GS is a stat that makes your'e HP yet stamina is. he is not getting 1shot because of low GS but because he has low stamina thus low HP.

U should not use GS at all IMO it is better to use ur main stats for u since u are a healer ur mainstat is bonus healing.
    U see, a healer can have 100 bonushealing and 3k GS his 3k GS doesn't make him good his 100 bonus healing makes him bad.

i think around 1,2k BH is needed to heal HCs (not the hard ones ofc).