1. Oh the gearscore!!!!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make this post to see what people. Knew what the required gear score was for each Normal, Heroic Dungeons and plus Raids.

If you do plz post the GS required for each run.

Thank you,
    FF

2. There is no such thing as minimum required gear score. Gear score is an approximative measure used by players to quickly determine if they are ok with you playing with them. If you want to know what's the minimum per-player GS required to complete a dungeon/raid, there is simply no correct answer as gear score is not reliable enough. If you want to know what players usually expect, I can give you some rough numbers:

Normal dungeons: people usually expect you to be around 1500-1600. A bit more for more demanding dungeons (see below).
    Heroic dungeons: the consensus is usually around 2.2k, a bit more for more demanding dungeons such as Shattered Halls, Arcatraz, Black Morass.
    MGT: while a dungeon nonetheless, people usually request crazy gear scores for this dungeon because it is new and they are bad at it. Even for the normal version, you probably won't make it in a group if you have less than 2.5k. About 2.8k for the heroic version.
    Karazhan: usually around 2.4k.
    Magtheridon: usually around 2.6k.
    Gruul: usually around 2.7k.
    ZA: usually around 3k.

I haven't seen PUGs going for T5 content, but I'd say they would ask for 3k-ish GS there too.

Please note that these are not definitive numbers and they possess no intrinsic value. This is just a recap of my experience of what people usually ask for. Often, you won't be able to convince a 3.5k gs guy who wants to run a quick dungeon to group you with him unless you have decent gear yourself.

I am guilty of this myself: if I'm running a Kara with pugs because I missed the guild runs, I usually won't join a group unless people are on average above 2.7k as I don't want to waste 4h for a couple of BoJs.

Hope this helps. Note that the above numbers are referring to PvE gs. If you have PvP pieces your gs will be inflated.

3. There is no such thing as minimum required gear score. Gear score is an approximative measure used by players to quickly determine if they are ok with you playing with them. If you want to know what's the minimum per-player GS required to complete a dungeon/raid, there is simply no correct answer as gear score is not reliable enough. If you want to know what players usually expect, I can give you some rough numbers:

Normal dungeons: people usually expect you to be around 1500-1600. A bit more for more demanding dungeons (see below).
    Heroic dungeons: the consensus is usually around 2.2k, a bit more for more demanding dungeons such as Shattered Halls, Arcatraz, Black Morass.
    MGT: while a dungeon nonetheless, people usually request crazy gear scores for this dungeon because it is new and they are bad at it. Even for the normal version, you probably won't make it in a group if you have less than 2.5k. About 2.8k for the heroic version.
    Karazhan: usually around 2.4k.
    Magtheridon: usually around 2.6k.
    Gruul: usually around 2.7k.
    ZA: usually around 3k.

I haven't seen PUGs going for T5 content, but I'd say they would ask for 3k-ish GS there too.

Please note that these are not definitive numbers and they possess no intrinsic value. This is just a recap of my experience of what people usually ask for. Often, you won't be able to convince a 3.5k gs guy who wants to run a quick dungeon to group you with him unless you have decent gear yourself.

I am guilty of this myself: if I'm running a Kara with pugs because I missed the guild runs, I usually won't join a group unless people are on average above 2.7k as I don't want to waste 4h for a couple of BoJs.

Hope this helps. Note that the above numbers are referring to PvE gs. If you have PvP pieces your gs will be inflated.
    Thank you man!! Just crazy how for Heroics some people are wanting Gs that are way to high for the runs. Again thank you !!

4. This is a ridiculous concept. Most people cheat the gearscore addon anyway by having on their trash pvp gear.

5. This is a ridiculous concept. Most people cheat the gearscore addon anyway by having on their trash pvp gear.
    it's funny when I see people with PVP gear on saying there whatever GS in PVE. I always say you're in pvp what good is that here? lol

6. If a guild accepted me by my GS and not by my thoroughly-written app that says about my experience, I'd nope the **** outta that guild in a blink.

7. If a guild accepted me by my GS and not by my thoroughly-written app that says about my experience, I'd nope the **** outta that guild in a blink.
    You are 100% right, These people on TBC think that GS is everything and to me it means nothing when it comes to any runs. I have had many of new people that join my guild leave becuase I told them they couldn't raid until they got PVE gear and dps up or heals. Makes me laugh!!!!

8. GS is the only objective measure STRANGERS have when quickly judging you for a PUG. As a T5/T6 Tank, I don't care if it's MGT or Ramps, if I'm speed running for badges I'm not going to take a PUG under a certain GS.

It's not that I don't think people can do that dungeon in general most times, it's that you PROBABLY (and I don't want to waste my time to find out) can't contribute to the dungeon the way I need that position to for the way I plan on running it.

Yes a 2k GS Healer is capable of Healing Heroic Ramparts just fine, in general, but they're not capable of Healing ME for a 15 minute Ramps run where I'm going to be chain pulling 4-5 packs at a time non-stop.

Asking people to appreciate your skill at the game is called joining and running with a Guild. You may be playing this game the wrong way.

I will say this, if you're PUGing PVE content in PVP Gear, you should probably subtract about 700-1k from your GS when you promote it, cause that's where you're really at in terms of your healing and dps abilities.
    Edited: August 10, 2018

9. it's funny when I see people with PVP gear on saying there whatever GS in PVE. I always say you're in pvp what good is that here? lol
    It’s funny when most PvP gear is better than pre raid and Kara gear and people stilll lol at PvP gear.

10. It’s funny when most PvP gear is better than pre raid and Kara gear and people stilll lol at PvP gear.
    depending on the pvp gear "s1 s2 s3 s4"its better then almost all raid gear.
    take the s4 weapon the Brutal Gladiator's Greatsword there is one and only one weapon in the entire game that has a higher dps then s4 weapons and thats Apolyon, the Soul-Render, and that drops from the last boss in sunwell...

s4 pvp gear is about = to T6/sunwell give or take a little so its easy to do the math on s3 and the rest.
    only difference is that pvp gear has res on it where pve gear does not so if your FULL pvp gear and the other guy is in full pve gear of the same level the pve geared guy would do more dps depending on weapon of course.

its funny you guys get hung up on gear score or pvp gear for heroics or raids like kara
    many mix and match pvp and pve gear = get to all you hits caps and the like and there no issue at all using pvp for anything. matter of fact in my small little guild we dotn raid but we dont stock up on bages from time to time and the tank is a druid in pvp gear and is retro/feral in pvp and uses is some type of feral spec to tank with, we never had issues cause the pvp gear is way beyond heroics.
    Edited: August 13, 2018

11. Using gearscore even on TBC is a warmane thing, just get used to it. I played on several TBC private servers without anybody using GS.
    And guess what? We did just fine. :)

12. Using gearscore even on TBC is a warmane thing, just get used to it. I played on several TBC private servers without anybody using GS.
    And guess what? We did just fine. :)
    This. In my experience the Warmane community has the WotLK+ mindset (levelling should be fast and easy, itemization should be easy, dungeons and heroics should be easy, all that stuff). You see it reflected in the way people handle BC heroics on Warmane. People don't want to take lower geared people because then you'll need to CC mobs and pay attention to what's going on. Most Warmane players don't want to pay attention and use tactics, they want to steamroll dungeons the way WotLK heroics can be steamrolled. Too bad BC heroics aren't designed to be steamrolled. That's why people ask for ridiculous gear levels.

13. ^ agree lol, haven't seen a warrior tank in heroics in months

14. GS is stupid and only used on this server, is the 2nd downside for me aside from the shop. See i've joined Gruuls were tank or heals have pvp gear making the fight useless since you need all stats avaliable in PVE to defeat such bosses and not dead stats like RES