1. Doubt they care that much, considering Icecrown is their cash cow.
    Just because they happen to have higher income source, does not mean that they will neglect the others. There is new content to buy on Outland, but not on Icecrown, so it makes no sense not to focus on Outland.

2. If they focused on making profits on Outland you would have seen the final store update long ago. Id say, let's just chill and wait.

3. If they focused on making profits on Outland you would have seen the final store update long ago. Id say, let's just chill and wait.
    Not sure about that. If they release all items at once then they'll have only one donation spike. Releasing a new content into the shop every 6 months will give them multiple money spikes.

4. Stretching it to every 6 months just causes players to lose patience, had it been say every 3 months I would have agreed.

5. Was the last shop update 6 months ago? Anyone know when it was?

6. Was the last shop update 6 months ago? Anyone know when it was?
    i think so yes
    BT release was January; and s2 gear got released before that.
    And i think around Feb we saw Archimonde loot in shop... not entirely sure tho... you can check forums if you want to know.. somewhere you should find an exact post about it

7. Whatever they gonna do, I know I already will only be buying 1 item out of multiple I need. You waited way too long WM. Keep on waiting so I didn't have to buy any at all. Nice business strategy.

8. Whatever they gonna do, I know I already will only be buying 1 item out of multiple I need. You waited way too long WM. Keep on waiting so I didn't have to buy any at all. Nice business strategy.
    Better release glaives and have half the population quit the game. Such a nice business strategy.

Stretching it to every 6 months just causes players to lose patience, had it been say every 3 months I would have agreed.
    You're talking as if "no shop update" = "no new content". I honestly don't see what's wrong with the items available in the shop right now (except a few that are already too strong... *cough* Cataclysm's Edge*cough*). They allow you to gear up well enough for raids so you don't have (if you're unwilling) to spend time farming up to that content. What's the point of skipping raid content, too?
    PvP wise it's the same story: Merciless gear is good enough to push and get your Brutal pieces.

9. Better release glaives and have half the population quit the game. Such a nice business strategy.
    Nobody's talking about glaves, of course glaves in shop would be ridiculous. But all the other loot, especially since we already have MH loot in shop? How will it hurt? It'll only bring them profit.
    Edited: August 24, 2018

10. I think and hope they release full s3 items, Black temple gear except glaives. And the new BOJ items. Also the guardian honor pieces.

11. Better release glaives and have half the population quit the game. Such a nice business strategy.

You're talking as if "no shop update" = "no new content". I honestly don't see what's wrong with the items available in the shop right now (except a few that are already too strong... *cough* Cataclysm's Edge*cough*). They allow you to gear up well enough for raids so you don't have (if you're unwilling) to spend time farming up to that content. What's the point of skipping raid content, too?
    PvP wise it's the same story: Merciless gear is good enough to push and get your Brutal pieces.
    +1, they speak like paytowin is a necessary thing of the game, apparently they prefer buy gear than playing the game, weird

12. Yea guys I'm worried about the server making money too. I think they should make all the t6 raid gear on the shop cost 3x as much. At least 1/3 (probably more like 3/3 who are we kidding) of these scrubs will still buy their gear so profits will stay the same or increase. And then only half of the pop will quit immediately after buying the only items they're missing. We know that's what people do anyway, they buy their BiS, show off for 1-2 weeks on the meters and then quit because there's nothing left to do. Look at all the dead cash shop guilds. TONS of cash shop guilds, died months ago because they were full of loot whores who only cared one thing. Then they mass migrated to other servers. A disproportionate amount of the top guilds that are still around don't cash shop. Interesting coincidence, no?

13. Yea guys I'm worried about the server making money too. I think they should make all the t6 raid gear on the shop cost 3x as much. At least 1/3 (probably more like 3/3 who are we kidding) of these scrubs will still buy their gear so profits will stay the same or increase. And then only half of the pop will quit immediately after buying the only items they're missing. We know that's what people do anyway, they buy their BiS, show off for 1-2 weeks on the meters and then quit because there's nothing left to do. Look at all the dead cash shop guilds. TONS of cash shop guilds, died months ago because they were full of loot whores who only cared one thing. Then they mass migrated to other servers. A disproportionate amount of the top guilds that are still around don't cash shop. Interesting coincidence, no?

Blame those guilds, not the coin shop. If they were good guilds, they could see the qualities from players; but if they were not, sorry, 80% of your members will be gear whores for sure.
    To be fair, think about those people who don't have enough time to raid, they are just trying to play warmane every night after works; I don't know how many members you knew have jobs IRL, 90% of my friends in Warmane actually do have jobs, and sometimes they want but they can't show up in raid.
    If you take Outland as a world which you could avoid the reality, all the things you've said is 100% correct. If you take Outland like a normal private server, then you'll see that it's not the fault on coin shop, it's always about choosing the right people to be your members.

14. Better release glaives and have half the population quit the game. Such a nice business strategy.
    Sorry, but you absolutely do not understand how things work in the business. I work in a large internet medium with millions of readers. Buf if you think our priority is everyone you are wrong. We focus on the readers who pay for the content. Of course, the content is still free and no one has to pay. However, the readers who pay are important to us and we do it for them. Because without their money the web would not exist. It's great to have a lot of players on the WM server who prefer to go to dungeons as if they bought something in the store. But without paying players, the server would not exist. I guarantee you that they will update the store. Because it's a question of money. And no fool does business for free.

15. Sorry, but you absolutely do not understand how things work in the business. I work in a large internet medium with millions of readers. Buf if you think our priority is everyone you are wrong. We focus on the readers who pay for the content. Of course, the content is still free and no one has to pay. However, the readers who pay are important to us and we do it for them. Because without their money the web would not exist. It's great to have a lot of players on the WM server who prefer to go to dungeons as if they bought something in the store. But without paying players, the server would not exist. I guarantee you that they will update the store. Because it's a question of money. And no fool does business for free.
    quod erat demonstrandum. nothing more to add

First ... 34567 ... Last