1. "you get the most balance in pvp when everyone has access to the same gear"
    really?then why does pvp gear have rating requirements?
    because its a rigged system in tbc and blizzard went away from it in later expansions, having rating requirements on stuff that impacts your stats as heavily as in tbc is terrible for competitive pvp (hence why arena tournament servers give you all gear immediately). Of course in a game like wow thats not so easily applicable and don't ask me for a solution that satisfies all players, but purely speaking for competitive pvp, having rating requirements on all the gear just causes more games to be decided by gear and not the player's skill. Personally i think the best but arguable also a kind of boring system is the stat templates they use on retail now. So your gear still matters but the gap between a fresh max level toon and high end geared toon isnt bigger than 10% in competitive environment, where in tbc its like 100%.

Regarding the warglaive issue just look at that team http://armory.warmane.com/team/alxh+...utland/summary , unlike the current #1 team, they played to #2 with an almost undefeated record in a time where many people had s4 weapons already (unlike the current #1 team did). So not that he's just farming everyone due to glaive skill, hes also farming other rogues because they don't have access to glaives. I know nothing about that player and maybe he knows how to play flawlessly but somehow i feel like the game would be more balanced if, considering 2v2 is dominated by rogues anyway, other rogues had access to warglaives aswell before season 4 titles are getting handed out. If you don't care about competitive pvp this is perfectly fine because he's one of the chosen few to wield warglaives so he is supposed to be overpowered but competitive wise, a total desaster.

to finally move back to the topic: The sooner the shop gets upgraded, the better for balanced pvp, the worse for rated activity.
    Edited: August 29, 2018

2. lol multibox sham talkin bout balance ROFL

3. I created ticket and asked when they update store. This is answer: "No etas are available though it shouldn't be too far away"

4. I created ticket and asked when they update store. This is answer: "No etas are available though it shouldn't be too far away"
    guess it's just a phrase, don't get your hopes up

5. because its a rigged system in tbc and blizzard went away from it in later expansions, having rating requirements on stuff that impacts your stats as heavily as in tbc is terrible for competitive pvp (hence why arena tournament servers give you all gear immediately). Of course in a game like wow thats not so easily applicable and don't ask me for a solution that satisfies all players, but purely speaking for competitive pvp, having rating requirements on all the gear just causes more games to be decided by gear and not the player's skill. Personally i think the best but arguable also a kind of boring system is the stat templates they use on retail now. So your gear still matters but the gap between a fresh max level toon and high end geared toon isnt bigger than 10% in competitive environment, where in tbc its like 100%.

Regarding the warglaive issue just look at that team http://armory.warmane.com/team/alxh+...utland/summary , unlike the current #1 team, they played to #2 with an almost undefeated record in a time where many people had s4 weapons already (unlike the current #1 team did). So not that he's just farming everyone due to glaive skill, hes also farming other rogues because they don't have access to glaives. I know nothing about that player and maybe he knows how to play flawlessly but somehow i feel like the game would be more balanced if, considering 2v2 is dominated by rogues anyway, other rogues had access to warglaives aswell before season 4 titles are getting handed out. If you don't care about competitive pvp this is perfectly fine because he's one of the chosen few to wield warglaives so he is supposed to be overpowered but competitive wise, a total desaster.

to finally move back to the topic: The sooner the shop gets upgraded, the better for balanced pvp, the worse for rated activity.
    #1 and #2 are the same players and so are most of the other 2.2k+ rogues, same with #1 in 3v3. Like 50-60% of all 2050+ teams are the same 5-6 players selling boosts, especially all the chinese teams that usually can't break the 1600 barrier. Also the #1 team is almost 200 rating above anyone else with 1 more loss? Not sure what you're trying to say here..

The single biggest improvement to arena would be actually enforcing the no boost rules (at the moment it's just a sham) and banning multiboxers in arena, but I guess you wouldn't like that... :)

6. because its a rigged system in tbc and blizzard went away from it in later expansions, having rating requirements on stuff that impacts your stats as heavily as in tbc is terrible for competitive pvp (hence why arena tournament servers give you all gear immediately). Of course in a game like wow thats not so easily applicable and don't ask me for a solution that satisfies all players, but purely speaking for competitive pvp, having rating requirements on all the gear just causes more games to be decided by gear and not the player's skill. Personally i think the best but arguable also a kind of boring system is the stat templates they use on retail now. So your gear still matters but the gap between a fresh max level toon and high end geared toon isnt bigger than 10% in competitive environment, where in tbc its like 100%.

totally disagree as i think rating requirements on things like s4 make it so people cant afk/bot there way to bis gear/ let them afk in bgs for s2 like they do it ruins the bgs but atleast they cant get s4 doing that and if they could it would be wrong.

no letting all rogues have warglaives does not level the playing field it just makes things worse and they are 100% BIS weapons for rogues only rouge use them. they should not be added in the shop until every item in game is added to the shop like s4 weapon that many cant get atm that would be much more fair and better balance right?whats "more fair/better balance"? a sub 1500 rogue with warglaves from the shop vs a sub 1500 ret with s2 weapon or a sub 1500 rogue with warglaves from the shop vs a sub 1500 ret with s4 weapon?hmm not a hard call right?

if your really worried about arena balance and being fair there are far better ways to help balance things out other then shop updates.....

7. if your really worried about arena balance and being fair there are far better ways to help balance things out other then shop updates.....
    not without making actual balance changes. When then numbers are set in stone, and they are, and no gear like legendarys is being banned from arena, the best way to have balance is not having any gear difference between competing players and warglaives are just something like smourne on wotlk...you have to deal with it else play another xpac. I don't know whats so hard to understand that I'm not talking about the situation in battlegrounds or anything, just purely how to minimize the imbalance in arena by removing factors like gearscore difference. And regarding that issue with 1500 rated ppl running around with glaives, it wont even bother you that much since it affects only one class...imagine all the casters got skull+shrunken head stacking :)
    The single biggest improvement to arena would be actually enforcing the no boost rules (at the moment it's just a sham) and banning multiboxers in arena, but I guess you wouldn't like that... :)
    Boosters are already getting banned you just have to report them and have solid evidence such as them offering it in chat. Also, 5v5 doesn't reward titles so why bother with multiboxers there? Warmane made it's stance about it a million times.
    Edited: August 30, 2018

8. Glaives shouldn"t be in shop because of fact that someone grinding them for 1 year and its clearly a reward to have advantage in arenas and BG"s. It"s more than unfair. If I would have started as a rogue and would have grinded glaives for 1 year or more I would 100% quit, when I would see someone with bought ones

9. Glaives shouldn"t be in shop because of fact that someone grinding them for 1 year and its clearly a reward to have advantage in arenas and BG"s. It"s more than unfair. If I would have started as a rogue and would have grinded glaives for 1 year or more I would 100% quit, when I would see someone with bought ones
    Its your problem. People who own this server need players who pay not offended kids.

10. put everything on the shop. let those who want to buy their gear buy it, and let those who want to work for it work for it. how someone else got their gear shouldn't effect you in the slightest.

11. how someone else got their gear shouldn't effect you in the slightest.
    pretty much this, unfortunately many people believe there is some sort of particular skill necessary in clearing 10 year old content for the 100th time

12. not without making actual balance changes. When then numbers are set in stone, and they are, and no gear like legendarys is being banned from arena, the best way to have balance is not having any gear difference between competing players and warglaives are just something like smourne on wotlk...you have to deal with it else play another xpac. I don't know whats so hard to understand that I'm not talking about the situation in battlegrounds or anything, just purely how to minimize the imbalance in arena by removing factors like gearscore difference. And regarding that issue with 1500 rated ppl running around with glaives, it wont even bother you that much since it affects only one class...imagine all the casters got skull+shrunken head stacking :)

Boosters are already getting banned you just have to report them and have solid evidence such as them offering it in chat. Also, 5v5 doesn't reward titles so why bother with multiboxers there? Warmane made it's stance about it a million times.
    no need to make balance changes to talents or gear as they are pretty good as is
    but what warmane can do if they really want to effect balance in a major way = no more boxing and yes that alone would be a bigger impact then anything. its really fun getting blasted in the back by 6 warlocks on the island....

like i said either add everything to the shop right now at once all s4 and sunwell gear along with the galives or add the glaives only when s4 and sunwell get added. i really dont see what so hard to understand and why you dont admit doing thing s that way is better balance for ALL becasue it is. yup the old shadowmour is in the shop and i got np with that or glaive sin the shop but i bet they added shadowmoure to the shop with wraths last shop update correct?the same needs to apply to TBC legendary weapons. fighting a skilled rogue with warglaives is a night and day difference then fighting the same player without them, i know i have done it. so again for the sake of balance warglaives should not be added to the shop until s4/ sunwell gets added. so that way people can fight warglaives with shiny s4 weapons if they so choose = more level playing field.

13. put everything on the shop. let those who want to buy their gear buy it, and let those who want to work for it work for it. how someone else got their gear shouldn't effect you in the slightest.
    i agree and thats pretty much what i said this entire thread.
    either add s3 ZA and BT other then warglaives now or add everything along with S4 and sunwell to the shop and be done with it.
    legendary's should not be in a cash shop before end game gear like s4, add them at the same time?sure but not before.
    either way warmane needs to do something soon and make up there minds

14. because its a rigged system in tbc and blizzard went away from it in later expansions, having rating requirements on stuff that impacts your stats as heavily as in tbc is terrible for competitive pvp (hence why arena tournament servers give you all gear immediately). Of course in a game like wow thats not so easily applicable and don't ask me for a solution that satisfies all players, but purely speaking for competitive pvp, having rating requirements on all the gear just causes more games to be decided by gear and not the player's skill. Personally i think the best but arguable also a kind of boring system is the stat templates they use on retail now. So your gear still matters but the gap between a fresh max level toon and high end geared toon isnt bigger than 10% in competitive environment, where in tbc its like 100%.

So please respond to me how multiboxer provide a better enviroment for balanced PVP?
    I think you are not worthy to talk about fairness in PVP.

First ... 7891011 ... Last