1. PvP gear in heroics?

I want to run some heroics with a friend but he mainly PvPs and has helm chest legs hands and shoulders are all merciless. Would that be okay to run heroics or will people turn him down because he has a majority of PvP gear?

2. I forgot to mention he has a 3.4k gs if that provides any more useful information

3. People wont care, except for maybe an MGT heroic group.

4. As long as you are hit capped it really makes no difference. PvP gear is not bad

5. Merciless gear will be better than almost any pve gear you can get pre-heroics, don't worry about it.

6. If you are 3.4 even in full pvp that's overgeared for heroics, don't worry about it.

7. As people mentioned before, it's perfectly okay for heroics. However, I think that the biggest con of being pvp geared is the spec which won't allow you to pull the dps you are actually capable of, which is the thing people will care about. PvE spec with PvP gear will be okay and in some occasions might be of an advantage because of the resilience and bigger health pool.
    As server progresses and people become more and more geared, heroics will become a faceroll inevitably. But that's a rather natural occurrence.