1. Mage or Rogue for solo playing?

Hey there

As the title says, I´m a solo player and can´t decide between these two classes.
    In general I´m an Alliance player but want to start a Horde character, just for fun. But now I want to pick up a class which is solo-friendly as I have no other Horde char and so I have to start from zero.
    I like both playstyles and both classes very much so please do me the favour and save the comments that i should take the class I like the most. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. You mean for PvP or for PvE? I think both choices are solid for PvP.

3. Oh sorry about that, forgot to mention it. Playing some PvP too but mainly PvE.

4. I think mage would be the best option for you.

5. Mages come with free conjuring and portals everywhere, and to bonus they also start off with a good reputation over at Dalaran so it'd be easy to skip a bit there and maybe a bit on flying. They also come with free food and do good dps and lots of choices and gear overlap for all their three specs (outside of minor things like haste vs crit etc). For solo playing though at first you'll be squishy and probably struggle to take on more than one mob (and, as a clothie if you get aggroed while mounted while your armor is down, you'll be shredded to itty bitty pieces albeit frost armor is nice). But at endgame levels you can just run through, aggro a whole bunch of mobs and blizzard them down to farm exp as well.

When you hit 55 though you also get a free dk, and with the 7x exp alongside a full set of gear you'll pop out of the quests at 64 as well and they're pretty good at questing with self sufficent gears and for a 2nd alt with a full set of blues (which is nice on icecrown, esp since with how fast people level, most will be slightly undergeared with like 30s blues (if any), even into their 60s save for the looms.). A lot of the weapons carry over fine even until you're level 70 and you can pop a few quests in Nagrand with your fresh 64 dk and with the triple rep instead of starting off going from Hatred to neutral you go into Revered right off the bat, (which might not too much, but can save you 500g on epic flying later). For questing Presences are nice i find, because they let you switch between say, blood presences for quick farming a bunch of mobs with high dps, while swapping out into frost say if you want to make a big pull and plague them all and let dots and plague do the work while you blood strike to heal nice chunks of your hp.

In addition, for soloing leveling i've always heard Hunters are a good option out with pets able to tank and spank while you dps and pretty self sufficient. But if it's a choice between mage and rogue, both are fairly good endgame choices with mages oft being dps kings and fairly easy to play. Hybrid classes like Druids might be nice since they can self heal too, but for some reason druids can't roll need on cloth int gear and int leather at low levels is rare (and, even when it drops, people are often so desperate for a blue you'd still be competing with Restos, Boomkins, and even ROGUES who just want say the crit and stam on a int leather piece in the 20s and 30s so it makes gearing up through dungeons kinda hard until you hit endgame and more gear drops.