1. Elemental Shaman in 1v1 WOTLK

I would like to discuss Elemental Shammy limits and possibly listening some good ele pvp player pov.

Regarding 1v1 world pvp encounter, is an ele really that bad? How do you think it fares vs different classes? Are there impossible counters or you can
    manage to fight or at least survive and escape with good skills and gear?

Asking those questions because i really love shamans and wpvp, was thinking about rolling one but i would not like to end up like a free kill.

2. Regarding 1v1 world pvp encounter, is an ele really that bad?
    Depends on the terrain. On the open field ele is bad for 1v1, if there is a object to hide they can be pretty strong though.
    I have seen 1v1 arena tournaments where ele shamis with frostbrand imbue were able to beat pretty much every class with pillar humping tactic.

3. Yea I've also heard about this but only on blackrock tbh, does it work on ICC also?

4. Sort of, its not one of the best duel classes in this meta (afaik) because if it just dies to fast (if before a rogue got you to 20% you could root him, heal up, survive, if you die in a dance it gets much much harder). But its way way better in wpvp then it was on retail since everything you cannot look through counts as los here (like the trees on elwynn) so in wpvp, bgs etc your ability to pillar to win just is insane. And it still pretty damn good. And as with all classes in 3.3.5a, what counts is your skill as a player untill you easily can get past 2.2k here.

Also, iirc there have never been 1v1 tournaments of the caliber of the old AT, i.e multiple retail r1 players duking it out in the 284 meta.