1. Lol going Mop.. we all know it's the next server that will close.. Dead Realm IS DEAD..

2. Great news, I am so glad that the staff listened to us. As seen in this topic ( http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=389256 ) Edifice said that they are going to CONSIDER allowing players to get level 80 characters with some basic starter gear on Icecrown. He said that the decision will be made 24 hours after the beginning of MoP transfers. I really hope that they go through with this.

3. "great news" Pff ye sure.. Naked char that you can make, and level to max level in 3 days.. VS Bis chars etc that some people had on Cata.. That simply saying got "deleted"

4. I'd rather have my 20ish lvl 85s turned into 200 ilvl geared chars on icecrown with 450 skill professions and anything cata-like removed than to have them sitting in a dead buggy mop, so just the fact there's a chance of actually having them on a realm that's NOT useless... is better than the alternatives

5. It is not warmane's fault that players lost interest in the cata server, and them allowing us to get anything from it is great in my opinion.

6. so 4 years with only new bugs and no fixes and no anything isn't warmane's fault? could have fixed cata instead of started scripting tbc for example

but I digress.. wotlk beats mop and tbh 50-80% coin refund wouldn't have killed them for transfer to mop
    Edited: August 14, 2018

7. I have a suggestion for Warmane -

Be absolutely sure that if in the future, you re-open a version of Neltharion, that you send an email notification to the account holders who have Neltharion characters and appear to be inactive. I don't write that as a vote of pessimism or thanklessness for the options for transfer that are being offered, it's just a thing that makes sense.

8. I think me and other players who have spent many coins in Nelth characters are wondering why it is so hard about receiving certain amount of coins back. This question has been repeated in numerous other forums and posts. It would be great if we could receive any form of official reply on this matter.

9. Great news, I am so glad that the staff listened to us. As seen in this topic ( http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=389256 ) Edifice said that they are going to CONSIDER allowing players to get level 80 characters with some basic starter gear on Icecrown. He said that the decision will be made 24 hours after the beginning of MoP transfers. I really hope that they go through with this.
    Does that mean achievments included? with proffesions mounts and companions that exist ? If you can ask , ty

10. Does that mean achievments included? with proffesions mounts and companions that exist ? If you can ask , ty
    No, if anything like that happens it will more than likely be new characters at maximum level and stuff mentioned, not achievements.

11. No, if anything like that happens it will more than likely be new characters at maximum level and stuff mentioned, not achievements.
    so rip "the seeker" and "the exalted" title on my priest either way, oh well

12. Being honest, I don't think this is the most appropriate decision. It damages the image of Warmane and encourages too many people to abandon this project. An alternative to Lich King should not be discarted. Maybe someone from the staff is reading me, consider the following opinion/option, please:

What harm would do to Warmane if you allow people to receive the following?:

- Allow the transfer of characters (level 85) to LK. If necessary, in case of races such as goblins or huargens, offer an instant 80. Or easily: directly give just 1 bost at level 80 for each account.
    - Keep the professions -maybe it sounds easier to say than to do it- but you can always offer a couple of bost-professions for each account.
    - Leave chars naked and mail them the following: pvp -> furious class gear; and pve -> basic class gear to start doing dungeons.
    - Send a "symbolic" amount of gold, enough to learn skills and, perhaps, fly (SLOW: 150%) in Northrend.
    - Keep mounts that are enabled in LK, and if not possible, give some basic ones.

It's not like the MoP option is underestimated, some people will go throw this option. But I think that, without a doubt, a less people would leave if, at least, they have the option to go to Icecrown.
    Edited: August 14, 2018 Reason: Gramatical error

13. so rip "the seeker" and "the exalted" title on my priest either way, oh well
    Unfortunately I believe so. Doing achievement transfers manually would be an absurd amount of work, and creating a script would still be a lot when you consider how many achievements exist in both expansions and how each would have to be checked. You could say to only do that to some "important" achievements, but then we go into subjectivity territory - what's "important" will differ from people to people, and if your favorite achievements were crossed off you would be pissed to see others getting theirs.

14. Unfortunately I believe so. Doing achievement transfers manually would be an absurd amount of work, and creating a script would still be a lot when you consider how many achievements exist in both expansions and how each would have to be checked. You could say to only do that to some "important" achievements, but then we go into subjectivity territory - what's "important" will differ from people to people, and if your favorite achievements were crossed off you would be pissed to see others getting theirs.
    I think it would be fairly easy to make a selection: barely obtainable achievements such as what I listed that exist in all expansions, pvp/bg achievements that fit the same "exist" filter... I'm not saying "glory of the <raid> raider" or whatever has to be ported, in fact if backport I'd say definitely don't backport wotlk raid glory, but possibly give ex-cata chars a feat of strength that is otherwise unobtainable - some proof of "hey look I'm not just ANY naked lvl 80..."

edits: and by hard I mean borderline impossible as anyone who actually played can attest... probably if the 100k or 1mil honorable kills achiev exists in wotlk that woukd be a candidate as well
    Edited: August 14, 2018

15. I think it would be fairly easy to make a selection: barely obtainable achievements such as what I listed that exist in all expansions, pvp/bg achievements that fit the same "exist" filter... I'm not saying "glory of the <raid> raider" or whatever has to be ported, in fact if backport I'd say definitely don't backport wotlk raid glory, but possibly give ex-cata chars a feat of strength that is otherwise unobtainable - some proof of "hey look I'm not just ANY naked lvl 80..."
    Well, to put it in perspective, how would you feel if not a single one of the achievements you think should be "ported" got that treatment, only those that you think are worthless? If we start making selections we will just be "elitizing" things.

First 1234 ... Last