1. Well, okay, since you won't understand the basis of either giving it all or nothing to be fair, consider this: Edifice said an alternative will be considered, with nothing about achievements, and you're wanting to already add an extra load of work on top of it, for something that would be best defined as simply "bragging rights," according to your own words.

I beg to differ.

Achievements are not "bragging rights", they are a product of countless hours/days/weeks/years of grind, dedication, raiding and effort.

Having them wiped over night is comparable to wiping out persons real life time spent working on them, which is ultimately a worst possible thing someone could ever do to another person.

2. I beg to differ.

Achievements are not "bragging rights", they are a product of countless hours/days/weeks/years of grind, dedication, raiding and effort.
    I was talking more about his wording, as he said he wanted "something to show." Still, what you're saying is just a verbose version of bragging rights. The product of all that is never going away, as the fun and frustration you had to get it can't be erased. Achievements are just a badge to look at and show others.

Having them wiped over night is comparable to wiping out persons real life time spent working on them, which is ultimately a worst possible thing someone could ever do to another person.
    That's strangely overdramatic. If they mean that much to you, the transfer to Mists of Pandaria should be your choice, as I believe they are kept in that.

3. I would be more than happy to transfer to mop. IF you get your coins refunded.

There is no reason not to give players the ability to get coins refunded to use on the mop realm(assuming it would delete the cata toon). No one is going to transfer with green gear pack and the frostwolf realm is going to die soon anyway if you do not give players a valid reason to transfer there.

So if you decide not to compensate players, which would get new players to mop, then the frostwolf realm will be next to die.

4. Chances of having another Cataclysm server opening up in the near future or just the future in general? 0.

Cataclysm was the expansion that saw a huge downwards shift of subscriber counts that continues to spiral downwards through BfA.

Having the notion of-- "the entire state of characters will be preserved for the future if in any event the demand for the cataclysm expansion arises." is just... a dream.

Thinking realistically, if I could get my characters downgraded to WOTLK, I would do it, since copying 100,000 is a huge task (no sarcasm, i wouldn't know exactly), having certain account/character requirements such as play time, coins spent, etc, would cut a large portion of character transfers out. I wouldn't know how the system works, yet, I could be wrong, but this answer could be a solution.

If I can't get my characters downgraded to WOTLK, I would actually just prefer to receive compensation for my coins (and money spent), though Warmane isn't obligated to give it back to me for us, I would either want all the money I spent on Neltharion back through refunds of coins or my money back. If it's possible or not. And for the record, I'm not asking too much, I'm asking as a player that's been here for years-- that has given his own money and time into the server.

Sure, servers are bound to die, like Neltharion, but you guys are literally running a business (don't tell me this is a charity and for nostalgics, the only reason why private servers such as Warmane are around is because it's profitable) and it's just bad business practice to literally turn your back on the Neltharion community with such horrible alternatives.

tl;dr: pls find a way to compensate players that don't want to transfer their characters to mop as people have spent coins onto Nelth.

p.s: no propaganda, just speaking truthfully and with whatever information i can accrue from this-- i also don't want to be a nelth refugee in mop, thanks.

5. Seriously everyone wanted to go to icecrown.... Now they force us to another dead realm and only with starter gear on a buggy server where everyone already has bis gear.... I wonder what they will do in a year when they will close frostwolf as well, since downgrading "is not a possibility"

6. No, if anything like that happens it will more than likely be new characters at maximum level and stuff mentioned, not achievements.
    Would achievments like The Insane be kept? since its a reputation achievment

7. Would achievments like The Insane be kept? since its a reputation achievment
    we dont even know yet if we will likely go Wotlk.

8. Come on man for god sakes!!!!!! I played on the MOP server when i cleared everything on neltharion it is DEAD and extremely hard to get in raids because people are picky also not to mention a ****ton of bugs and glicthes people abuse on a daily basis. Please GM can you make it so i exchange my chars for a fresh level 80 and starter gear? I do NOT want to transfer to MOP and i wont every play on that server again... This is the case for 90% of the people here!

9. they should give us option for icecrown same as they did after the meltdown, instant level and few coin, **** mop, i haven't played a lot on neltharion lately but i would rather log in from time to time to see my heroic gurthalak and winged guardian than play on mop..

10. I must confess I am truly sad about how you have approached the issue of compensation for Neltharion players.

Until recently I was genuinely believing it took you so long to finally make an announcement because a system that converts item levels or something similar was being developed. For the past weeks I was thinking you felt sorry for the people who spent a lot of time and money on Neltharion and wanted to compensate them with something of equal or almost equal value.

A lot of players invested time and coins into Neltharion after Meltdown only to slowly realize that it was neglected by the staff and soon about to meet its end. As it drew nearer, no real efforts to prolong Neltharion's life or expand its playerbase were made. These players suffer the most from the current situation.

Now that we have reached the end and you have laid bare your idea of compensation, I realize that I was gravely mistaken about your compassion.

The compensation that you offer us really hurts. It really hurts.

11. Just restoring a part of the coins spent or allowing players to buy full BiS on Icecrown would have been far better and easier than transfering the chars to a almost dead and bug-filled realm and just handing out crap gear.

12. we can complain for two years more, Warmane dont care about players community as u see, 1month waiting to finally get Tranfers to dead mop with 0 gear, And new update including "Combat Pets" thats ridcolous af.

13. I have a few questions for the staff. IM not sure oif they will get answewred here, but based on the update and now closed thread I would like to ask:

1. It said those that bought coins onm Nelth. I am curious, I did not donate for Nelth..i donated on the pre-moltdown cata server frostwolf. Post moltdown I was automatically transfered to Nelth as it was the only cata server. Am I included in the "spent coins for Nelth" catagory?

2. The original post said that characters would be "preserved" for a possible future date that another cata expansion might open here. If we upgrade to MoP, does that mean we lose the chance to have that same character "preserved" for the possible cata expansion later, or otherwise can we upgrade and play MoP with a backup of the same characters in the CATA state that we can revert back to if ever warmane opens another Cata realm?

14. What about a option to downgrade to TBC?
    Outland needs more players while Icecrown is already overpopulated.

15. Right now even the trasfer to MOP realm is still closed, we were waiting for 48 hrs 4 days ago

First ... 23456 ... Last