1. Obnoxious you have to realise that players are really frustrated because there was no communication with the players from community manager. Most of the important questions were not answered and transfers are still being delayed to this day with no deadline. You have to realise that players spent more than 5 years on their characters and when they are getting this type of compensation its just slap in their face, and just look from the players perspective where most of them(including me) donated to this server( and it clearly says that by donating you're supporting the server development, and that never happend) so thats why most of them want some kind of coin compensation aswell. But yeah, as i said if only there was better form of communication between CM and actual community people wouldnt be as pissed and this kind of delays just makes everyone more angry about it.
    Edited: August 17, 2018

2. No idea. Either you just can't transfer or you will have to create a new account to transfer them to, I suppose.
    I wondered if that might be possible so I actually just set up another account for crafting alts,I will leave open spaces if the downgrade will happen.

First ... 567