1. How is marksman hunter?

Hi im new to wow in general. and made an ele shaman at first because my friends said it was good. It seems alright so far but i really dislike cast times locking me in place so I want to try something more mobile and kitey. I asked about hunter to my friends and they just keep telling me to play shaman and that hunter isnt nearly as good. Is this true? Also could someone explain the pros and cons of each of them for me?

2. I don't know who actually can tell you that elemental shaman is good dps in general. Actually may be from all worth used dps classes/specs, elemental shaman is the worst one. Even enhancement shaman is much much better than elemental regarding to my tests and logs observations last weeks. Just elemental shaman is one of the easiest dps/specs to play. On the other side MM Hunter is one of the best dps in the game. There is no even small basis for comparison between MM Hunter and Ele Shaman. Good Luck :)!

PS: If you want something more mobile then probably melee class dps should be better for you than range/caster class.
    Edited: August 16, 2018

3. +1

Ele is very easy (even boring) and worse on dps charts. But it is very good for raid comps. Brings a lot more buffs (and bloodlust/heroism), than hunter. Hunters do more dmg and are the most mobile ranged spec and even have some raid utility (tranq shot is needed on lk), but not as much as ele.

So Ele is ussually better for team performance, hunter for personal performance.
    Edited: August 16, 2018

4. I'm dumb and didnt specify that I'm mostly a pvp player.

5. +1

Ele is very easy (even boring) and worse on dps charts. But it is very good for raid comps. Brings a lot more buffs (and bloodlust/heroism), than hunter. Hunters do more dmg and are the most mobile ranged spec and even have some raid utility (tranq shot is needed on lk), but not as much as ele.

So Ele is ussually better for team performance, hunter for personal performance.
    I disagree. Elemental doesn't really bring anything unique to raid, while Hunter brings solid DPS, 10% AP buff, and one of the most important raid functions, threat management.

@OP: Hunter is a fantastic class this expansion pack. They're extremely mobile, bursty, bring mandatory raid utility, and are remarkably easy to gear up (thanks Protector mark!). It is hands down my favorite class this expansion and it has spoiled me to the point of being unable to play any other DPS class. Resto Shaman is my favorite healer though :]

6. I disagree. Elemental doesn't really bring anything unique to raid, while Hunter brings solid DPS, 10% AP buff, and one of the most important raid functions, threat management.

@OP: Hunter is a fantastic class this expansion pack. They're extremely mobile, bursty, bring mandatory raid utility, and are remarkably easy to gear up (thanks Protector mark!). It is hands down my favorite class this expansion and it has spoiled me to the point of being unable to play any other DPS class. Resto Shaman is my favorite healer though :]
    Only 5% spell haste, heroism, spellpower and 2 other totems. (to be fair most of this can be obtained by others, but it saves raid leader a lot off nerves, especially in 10 mans, even though resto is also great fit there) 10% ap is also not unique and doesnt stack, and tanks dont need much threat redirection. Much of the gear is same as resto... healers gear much easier/faster in my experience. And they use prot marks with hunters...

Anyways since OP is interrested about pvp it might change things. I think that shamans ton off buffs is very valuable in arenas. But do not know enough about pvp to judge. From my perspective it is about right composition.
    Edited: August 17, 2018