1. Won 2 duels
    Lost 5 duels

I got outplayed and lost. Yes, 5 times. :D
    2 duels i won was when i did everything right.

Anyway, as for the topic, i have to say this after these duels:
    If both DKs and Warlock play perfectly > DK will win. There is a counter to every locks opening ability and a 7 sec AMS window to set up dmg and pets on the warlock which will with BiS HC gear, make the DK win.
    If DK fails 1 thing and starts to get kited, its a lost duel.

I guess Desto Lock fully duel hero prepared is something like a Frost Mage. 1 mistake on DKs side, and he loses a duel.

Props to Ninothezerk, a player that won 35k+ duels. GG WP

2. Won 2 duels
    Lost 5 duels

I got outplayed and lost. Yes, 5 times. :D
    2 duels i won was when i did everything right.

Anyway, as for the topic, i have to say this after these duels:
    If both DKs and Warlock play perfectly > DK will win. There is a counter to every locks opening ability and a 7 sec AMS window to set up dmg and pets on the warlock which will with BiS HC gear, make the DK win.
    If DK fails 1 thing and starts to get kited, its a lost duel.

I guess Desto Lock fully duel hero prepared is something like a Frost Mage. 1 mistake on DKs side, and he loses a duel.

Props to Ninothezerk, a player that won 35k+ duels. GG WP
    Duels were done with arena rules. We both used s7 gear to make it more fair.

Your good man, but most importantly it was fun.

Looking forward to more duels with you.

3. Who does full gear push more? Lock or DK?

4. Who does full gear push more? Lock or DK?
    DK has the advantage in this duel regardless of gear.

I would say its much easier for the DK to win then the lock.

Lock must kite well or get big burst/crits (or both) to win regardless of gear.

5. Interesting, seems like a warlock has a decent chance of winning and can hold his own against a dk if prepared.

If only someone would have said that repeatedly in this topic... oh wait !

6. @Drunkuser

Feel free to log and make a warlock on Blackrock, i still have a DK there. You could tell me that also in game...
    If you actually watched the duels, u would notice that his performance was flawless, while mine was **** most of the time, meaning he outplayed me and that i suck dick at duels (since i never did 35k duels like he did, nor did i pvp in a long time).
    Yet i still did the duels (i honestly didnt think he was that good) and won 2 of them where i didnt overlap my **** or missplayed, point being, 2 equally skilled players > dk wins (especially fully geared).
    And yes, if we are talking full BiS Shadowmourne DK, he could melt the warlock i 5sec of AMS, 10sec of Lichbourne, pop Garg and chill in AMZ.
    At Rele level i simply dont have that advantage and i have to play well in order to win, and not just faceroll like i usually do on Icecrown.

But again, feel free to log on both Icecrown or Blackrock at 22-23h Server Time, any day, and prove me wrong.

7. 2 equally skilled players > dk wins

equally skilled is a very broad way of describing the situation.

it comes down to who plays better and who makes less mistakes in the moment.

whoever plays better wins and thats all there rly is to it.

Regardless of how skilled the DK you can always win if you play good enough and are prepared.

You cant just come in the lock forums and say DKs will destroy us, we will protect out forum from the DKs.
    Edited: February 14, 2019

8. Duels were done with arena rules. We both used s7 gear to make it more fair.
    Yeah, I hate to say this but: come back when you do it and the DK has mourne + 2x HC trinkets or plays as Gnome/NE/DR.
    The jump in gear difference between S7 and S8 is extreme to say the least.

9. Yeah, I hate to say this but: come back when you do it and the DK has mourne + 2x HC trinkets or plays as Gnome/NE/DR.
    The jump in gear difference between S7 and S8 is extreme to say the least.
    S8 gear is even better for us.

Bauble, Key, Double dps trinkets, heroic agony blade.

You can win every DK in the world, and DKs will still say locks cant win.

Not going to respond to this anymore because it's been proven false many times.

If you think warlock cant win DK your either ignorant or trolling.

10. Actually boxofred I am a warlock, and I am not saying a good warlock can't beat a DK but I am saying that it is highly unlikely. If it was doable without being too much of a hassle then you would see a lot of more warlocks around.

11. Actually boxofred I am a warlock, and I am not saying a good warlock can't beat a DK but I am saying that it is highly unlikely. If it was doable without being too much of a hassle then you would see a lot of more warlocks around.
    i see what your saying.

yes most warlocks will lose vs DKs.

Most warlocks cant 1v1 a DK and get rolled, even good warlocks still have a hard time with DKs.

Hard to win? yes.

Impossible? no.

12. The other small problem is that race sadly plays a big role aswell.
    If you play as an orc, undead, or even blood elf your chance of winning is basically 0 because your racials will do you no good at all.
    Hence you will most likely only beat DKs if you play Alliance.
    Then we have the trinket matter, often bauble/key is required for it, and while in duels this is not a problem, the chances are you are not running with those trinkets in a BG or World PvP.

So at the end of the day we warlocks can beat DKs in 1v1 given certain conditions, great skill and perhaps a bit of luck, but outside of that situation our chances are slim to none.
    Edit: Oh yea and let's not forget that without arena rules Nitro, Bombs, Nets, MAD etc will make even worse for us.

13. Its easier wiith arena rules. Surviving gargoyle with pots, boots, grenades, nets just makes the duel even easier for us.

Arena rules actually will favor the DK more i think.

Its as simple as this: Whoever plays better and makes less mistakes will probably win. Warlock will have a harder time winning then DK.

Thats really all there is to it.

14. You wana see a real unbalance duel?

Watch retri vs rogue.

Or hunter vs holy paladin.

Those are real unbalanced duels, much more imbalance then lock vs DK.

15. Its easier wiith arena rules. Surviving gargoyle with pots, boots, grenades, nets just makes the duel even easier for us. Arena rules actually will favor the DK more i think.
    You have to remember that these items can be used by the DK aswell, leaving you less room to get away. I believe the DK has the advantage the more items you introduce.
    Watch retri vs rogue.
    Difficult for the rogue yes, but then again the rogue got stealth so the paladin can just be avoided. Unlike the warlock standing there like a sitting duck. xP
    Or hunter vs holy paladin.
    Yeah no class kills a holy paladin in 1v1 (unless without LoS where an arcane mage might be able to) because they were designed to be killed by a minimum of two players. The other healers can be killed with some luck but they are still quite durable.
    Those are real unbalanced duels, much more imbalance then lock vs DK.
    Well I can agree the ret vs rogue is a rough one but that requires the paladin to have the brain and use the shield, something only 1/10 seems to be able to do.

First ... 45678 ... Last