1. 4x R1, 2x in 2v2 and 2x in 3v3. I seldomly premade because they are quite rare on the Horde side, but you would not know anything about that now would you Alliance-boy?
    ROFL, oh yea you are one of those multiglad which do not play arenas because you hate them and are not a your concern, that keep saying ****** things about pvp and don't have the slightest idea how a warlock works... sure... 100% legit.

@warmane

Please link Forum accounts to armory, so that we can see who are we talking to and make fun of them after they try to sound smart, aka someone like Drunkuser.
    You are embarassing yourself, stop posting already please it's so cringe.

2. You are embarassing yourself, stop posting already please it's so cringe.
    This one is actually a perfect reply to your own pots, so i might just aswell copy paste it from now on.
    But i believe there is a good reason why all u did was talk so far, and nothing else. :)

3. Eh, usually when people talk about pvp in wow they mean arenas. And sure destro locks arent the very best class in Bgs (because their damage isnt instant and takes multiple globals to start rolling) and yes a full pve hunter can maybe crit 12k, but a pvp (i.e 1k+ resi) one cannot.
    It's been a long time since I saw a PvP hunter in BGs, and no wonder - resilience barely does anything good for them. And sigh, arenas, only one-three blasted comps are viable for each blasted arena bracket.

And its not the best idea to compare 1300 resiliance warlock damage (i.e 8k chaos bolts) to 0-400 double dps trinket hunters in a bg, im pretty sure with the right procs and gear youd get 15k bolts as well.
    Sadly the max crit on a dummy I have made in 946 resil is 19k and that was with curse up, immolate and both trinkets on max and buffs. My point is that warlock damage is weak in the sense it takes far too long to ramp up. If it is not 10k in a instant cast, it is basically not good in this expansion.
    ROFL, oh yea you are one of those multiglad which do not play arenas because you hate them and are not a your concern, that keep saying ****** things about pvp and don't have the slightest idea how a warlock works... sure... 100% legit.
    If you want to inspect me personally than I will be more than happy to log my dusty arena chars or provide armory links, your choice.
    You are embarassing yourself, stop posting already please it's so cringe.
    Three problems with this statement: 1. It is your opinion that I do so, it does not mean everyone thinks so. 2. I certainly do not care. 3. Why don't you fork up some proof yourself Mr rank 1?

4. It's been a long time since I saw a PvP hunter in BGs, and no wonder - resilience barely does anything good for them. And sigh, arenas, only one-three blasted comps are viable for each blasted arena bracket.

Sadly the max crit on a dummy I have made in 946 resil is 19k and that was with curse up, immolate and both trinkets on max and buffs. My point is that warlock damage is weak in the sense it takes far too long to ramp up. If it is not 10k in a instant cast, it is basically not good in this expansion.
    Then actually say so, "in BGs Destro Lock damage isnt the best because it needs time to ramp up and the targets tend to die in that time (if you are winnign the bg)" and "their damage in pvp gear just cant compare to pve hunters or super low resi ret palas" are totally different statements compared to
    Originally Posted by Ostlimpa
    along with very weak spell damage in this bursty environment
    The fact is that warlock single target damage in any sort of constructed pvp environement is among the highest. Because while Locks arent the best in random bgs if you get the rare equal premade vs equal premade where all the 0 resi targets die asap once focused they are really damn good.

And no matter your personal opinion, for the most people Wow pvp = mostly arena.

5. Then actually say so, "in BGs Destro Lock damage isnt the best because it needs time to ramp up and the targets tend to die in that time (if you are winnign the bg)" and "their damage in pvp gear just cant compare to pve hunters or super low resi ret palas" are totally different statements compared to
    Fair enough.
    The fact is that warlock single target damage in any sort of constructed pvp environement is among the highest. Because while Locks arent the best in random bgs if you get the rare equal premade vs equal premade where all the 0 resi targets die asap once focused they are really damn good.
    The problem is that they aren't and the main reason for that is because they are: 1. Extremely slow on the damage and 2. Very vulnerable to a interrupts. Even if you have a healer on you and get the chance to free-cast, those 5k-ish incinerates/chaos bolts every 1,1-1,2 sec during Backdraft has hardly any effect on a target that during a prem vs prem fight sits with 40k+ health. What warlocks can be good for is CC but it carries a lot of risk as you got to be quite close to the enemy to make use of it.
    And no matter your personal opinion, for the most people Wow pvp = mostly arena.
    If that is the case Meowto then perhaps we should restrict all further class PvP discussions to ONLY allow Alliance Hpal/Arms war? For that is your Wotlk arena for you.

6. You are acting like is not possible to buy gladiators and rank1 characters from trade. I've already seen some of those ingame backpedalling or playing horribly, giving away istantly that are purchased characters.
    You gave it away by stating that warlock sucks in pvp or have bad damage/burst.

Your mindset is also the typical of a pve player which think that damage is everything and pvp is some sort of dps recount to win like in pve.

You are saying that a PVE arcane mage does more damage than a PVP warlock ? Yea no **** captain obvious, the key word here is PVE, not mage.
    I've played both arcane mage and destro lock in bgs, and if they are both in pvp gear not only the warlock will do more damage, it is also more tough and can take way more punishment. With succubus out it will survive and win hunters and rogues where the arcane will simply die.

As arcane you will die vs rogues, hunters, ferals, your only shield is the mana shield which basically will get you oom if focused by 2+ ppl, and you have only 1 iceblock with crazy long cd. Without that surviving is even worse. In PVE gear? good luck doing damage while sitting in graveyard every 1 minute.
    Yes, it will do nice damage if it is in a winning premade, with healers behind, vs backpedaling noobs enemies. So will do a PVE warlock.

There is more than just damage and burst in pvp (which destro lock has plenty of) or we would just play fury warriors/combat rogues/fire mages everywhere.
    Edited: February 18, 2019

7. You are acting like is not possible to buy gladiators and rank1 characters from trade. I've already seen some of those ingame backpedalling or playing horribly, giving away istantly that are purchased characters.

Your mindset is also the typical of a pve player which think that damage is everything and pvp is some sort of dps recount to win like in pve.

You are saying that a PVE arcane mage does more damage than a PVP warlock ? Yea no **** captain obvious, the key word here is PVE, not mage.
    I've played both arcane mage and destro lock in bgs, and if they are both in pvp gear not only the warlock will do more damage, it is also more tough and can take way more punishment. With succubus out it will survive and win hunters and rogues where the arcane will simply die.

As arcane you will die vs rogues, hunters, ferals, your only shield is the mana shield which basically will get you oom if focused by 2+ ppl, and you have only 1 iceblock with crazy long cd. Without that surviving is even worse. In PVE gear? good luck doing damage while sitting in graveyard every 1 minute.
    Yes, it will do nice damage if it is in a winning premade, with healers behind, vs backpedaling noobs enemies. So will do a PVE warlock.

There is more than just damage and burst in pvp (which destro lock has plenty of) or we would just play fury warriors/combat rogues/fire mages everywhere.
    Just go duel Gnimo and win a bunch?

8. You are acting like is not possible to buy gladiators and rank1 characters from trade. I've already seen some of those ingame backpedalling or playing horribly, giving away istantly that are purchased characters.
    Then perhaps you could come to the sound conclussion that it is pointless to blame people for low rating or praise high rating these days? You're falling on your own argument.
    They are very weak in BGs because their damage requires a lot of free casting, which is rare to get. Arena like I said is another matter, but then you aren't alone.
    Good CC is important too, but if your damage is low or takes time to build up then the value of CC diminishes.
    Arcane is a high burst spec regardless of PvP or PvE gear, and which is very mobile. Hence it fares well in BGs.
    The mage is more mobile than the warlock and that is something that boosts survival a lot. You also can't take much punishment as a warlock. Any mourne class will burst you down (you got to love the issue of trying to be mobile (aka no demonic portal), get charged by a warrior and get to enjoy a 6 sec Bladestorm).
    You will die to a good rogue as a warlock aswell, esp without demonic portal available which is typical for BGs. Hunters will be a nightmare aswell even though you fare a bit better vs them. An arcane mage will have problems with a good rogue but can escape far easier than a warlock thnx to Blink/Invi/Insta poly. Ferals/hunters for an arcane mage is basically a cowboy duel, best use of CDs tends to win.
    Yes, like mobility, CC etc. But you must also seperate instant damage from ramp up damage. A destro warlock given free cast and initial setup will do heavy damage, you just seldomly get the time for it.

9. Then perhaps you could come to the sound conclussion that it is pointless to blame people for low rating or praise high rating these days? You're falling on your own argument.
    They are very weak in BGs because their damage requires a lot of free casting, which is rare to get. Arena like I said is another matter, but then you aren't alone.
    Good CC is important too, but if your damage is low or takes time to build up then the value of CC diminishes.
    Arcane is a high burst spec regardless of PvP or PvE gear, and which is very mobile. Hence it fares well in BGs.
    The mage is more mobile than the warlock and that is something that boosts survival a lot. You also can't take much punishment as a warlock. Any mourne class will burst you down (you got to love the issue of trying to be mobile (aka no demonic portal), get charged by a warrior and get to enjoy a 6 sec Bladestorm).
    You will die to a good rogue as a warlock aswell, esp without demonic portal available which is typical for BGs. Hunters will be a nightmare aswell even though you fare a bit better vs them. An arcane mage will have problems with a good rogue but can escape far easier than a warlock thnx to Blink/Invi/Insta poly. Ferals/hunters for an arcane mage is basically a cowboy duel, best use of CDs tends to win.
    Yes, like mobility, CC etc. But you must also seperate instant damage from ramp up damage. A destro warlock given free cast and initial setup will do heavy damage, you just seldomly get the time for it.
    What a bunch of no sense, really, did you ever play a lock? are u playing wotlk? are u talking about wow? You start to concern me.
    You will die to a good rogue as a warlock aswell, esp without demonic portal available which is typical for BGs.
    This phrase reassumes your level and your knowledge about the topic. "typical for BGs to not use demonic portal". No words.
    Just go duel Gnimo and win a bunch?
    It would be a waste of time, because:
    1) It is an argument about warlock vs dk, not me vs gnimo.
    2) He has already been rekted by a lock multiple times, yet he's still here talking crap.

You know what? I m really done discussing here, bringing logic and facts vs nonsense and ignorance.

10. The only reason he is still talking is cos he knows he will lose.
    I lost to a warlock that does duels for a living, as a scrub DK, only due to my own mistakes (and the wrong gear setup, unlike Nanothezerk). Its funny how it took me 5 duels to learn how to win them all after that. But atleast i had balls to go out there and do it, even tho i knew that i might lose to my own ****ups.
    The argument was always about "equaly skilled and experienced dk vs warlock" where if both make no to little mistakes, dk always wins. The only reason i lost is cos Nanothezerk is a better dueler than me. That has nothing to do with how classes wer designed. If you think one would use Satrinas and Bubble/Key in arena as trinkets as warlock...

As for the topic rogue vs destro, i saw Nanothezerk rape one of the really good rogues on Blackrock (good as doing everything in that class power to win). The only way rogue can win is if rogue plays perfectly and lock makes a mistake. Woah, now that i think about it, its just like the only way warlock wins vs a dk. If he plays perfectly and dk makes a mistake. Huh...

P.S. the only reason i can talk crap and you can just stfu is cos i did the duel, lost, and won after that. You on the other hand is just talk. Funny how internet works well for the likes of you.

11. What a bunch of no sense, really, did you ever play a lock? are u playing wotlk? are u talking about wow? You start to concern me.
    I am playing a warlock and I am aware of its strengths but also its weak points. I am arguing that warlocks damage is bad for BGs/1v1 compared to other classes, not that the class is useless all around.
    This phrase reassumes your level and your knowledge about the topic. "typical for BGs to not use demonic portal". No words.
    You misinterpret me. What I am saying is that it is difficult to keep the demonic portal useful in BGs due to how much you tend to move around. It's very easy to go outside its measly 40 yard range and it is also quite often you get pinned down without a portal up or shortly after placing it, hence rendering its value almost to 0. The times it shines the most is when you are on the defensive or need to control a specifik area, eg a bunker/tower. If you did not have to stand on the spot you wished to place it and instead just mouse click a location to summon it, then its value would go up a lot for BGs.
    You know what? I m really done discussing here, bringing logic and facts vs nonsense and ignorance.
    It is your own personal belief you sit and cry is right without backing it up. You are welcome to believe whatever you wish, but if you shall debate/argue for your view then come up with some arguments and not just some petty 12 year old's "You are probably just at rating 1400".

Edit: A good mentioning to be made here Gnimo is also that it is one thing to beat eg a rogue or DK in a 1v1 prepared duel, but in BGs/World PvP you seldomly get time to prepare and thus you are often stuck with the felhunter out, not a succubus or VW which is far better vs a rogue/war/feral.

2nd Edit: Also for the sake of the argument, if the Warlock is allowed to duel with the Doomguard then the DK will stand no chance at all. Then again neither would any other class for that matter.
    Edited: February 20, 2019

12. There is WAY to much theory crafting going on here.

A 1v1 is a simple as this: Whoever plays better will win.

I dont care how good the DK is or how good the warlock is.

Each individual duel comes down to whoever played better.

Its as simple as that.

Everyone, even duel heros and gladiators make mistakes (Ive been playing since 2005 and I still do). Just because some one is a gladiator or duel hero does not mean that they will never make mistakes.

/thread there is nothing left to discuss on this topic

PS Gnimo is good at 1v1 vs warlocks, so I hope you know how to duel DKs before you challenge him.

PS @ Ostlimpa, Biggest trolling iv seen so far. Warlocks poor burst? i have BiS lock and paladin and lock is doing WAY more burst, 30k soulfires as demon and 15k chaos as destro. Doubling destro burst? Tripling demon burst? Are you insane or trolling cuz I cud get 30k chaos bolts and 90k soulfires if they buffed damage the way you said. You have a serious lack of knowledge of warlock pvp. Please do not listen to this guy hes completely wrong. You wana prove me wrong lets 1v1, and youll see just like Gnimo did.
    Edited: February 23, 2019

13. PS @ Ostlimpa, Biggest trolling iv seen so far. Warlocks poor burst? i have BiS lock and paladin and lock is doing WAY more burst, 30k soulfires as demon and 15k chaos as destro.
    You do not do 15k Chaos Bolts and 30k Soul Fires on a PvP target and also you forget that those spells got cast times and aren't instant. On a dummy with perfect trinket procs, curse and and full pve you can crit some impressive numbers with CB and SF, but in PvP you won't and you can't sacrifice your resil for more burst. The Paladin on the other hand might not crit just as high but all the stuff is instant cast and hence far more bursty. Not to mention, 30k soul fire? In PvE perhaps but if you enter PvP with a demonology spec you will be floored in an instant.
    Doubling destro burst? Tripling demon burst? Are you insane or trolling cuz I cud get 30k chaos bolts and 90k soulfires if they buffed damage the way you said. You have a serious lack of knowledge of warlock pvp. Please do not listen to this guy hes completely wrong. You wana prove me wrong lets 1v1, and youll see just like Gnimo did.
    I am not trolling and I am quite sane. Even if you trippled the damage you would not get 30k chaos bolts and 90k soul fires on PvP targets, so quit being a liar and stop pulling numbers out of your *** and stop smoking that pipe so you realise people do not PvP as freaking demo but affi/destro!

14. You do not do 15k Chaos Bolts and 30k Soul Fires on a PvP target and also you forget that those spells got cast times and aren't instant. On a dummy with perfect trinket procs, curse and and full pve you can crit some impressive numbers with CB and SF, but in PvP you won't and you can't sacrifice your resil for more burst. The Paladin on the other hand might not crit just as high but all the stuff is instant cast and hence far more bursty. Not to mention, 30k soul fire? In PvE perhaps but if you enter PvP with a demonology spec you will be floored in an instant.
    I am not trolling and I am quite sane. Even if you trippled the damage you would not get 30k chaos bolts and 90k soul fires on PvP targets, so quit being a liar and stop pulling numbers out of your *** and stop smoking that pipe so you realise people do not PvP as freaking demo but affi/destro!
    Log on your lock show me your achievements and experience then we can have a debate. But I am sure you dont have one or your skills are below average so your opinion is void.

Making up numbers? I hit 15k Chaos in AB consistently, and I have hit a 31k soulfire as demon in WSG.

None of those numbers are false, and your a complete troll if your saying to double or triple our burst.

Show me your warlock and your experience before I take you seriously. If you dont have one please stop talking about warlocks.

Your claims are all bull**** and false, and you seriously lack knowledge of high end warlock pvp. Your information is probably the most inaccurate of any one on this post thus far.

First ... 6789 Last