1. Nelth Server Decommission

So I've been speaking to Smyth on my support ticket about getting my coins spend on the Nelth server back. I've spent roughly 1190 coins on the server and now its been decommissioned and I'm being forced to go to another server weather I like it or not instead of getting the coins I spent my personal money on. I donated over $900eur alone for the coins on the Cata server but by the sounds of it I won't be getting any of it back?
    My last post in the 'Ask The Staff' section got removed for who knows what reason (Staff never replied or messaged me directly about it). Smyth told me to post this here.
    What is even going to happen with the coins? Can we get a refund to use them on a server of our choice on characters of our choice instead of being forced into an xpack?
    I've been a member since early 2010 and have the Exalted donator rank yet it seems near impossible to get a clear answer on this topic.

2. You donate bro you dont pay for coins they gift it to you because you donated

3. You donate bro you dont pay for coins they gift it to you because you donated
    Im sick of all this 'donation' BS. They name it donation for legal reasons. Its a loophole which generates a ton of money. Warmane is not a charity where you dont want anything in return. Everbody knows it is a coin shop. So asking for a coin refund is imo completely reasonable (even if its only ~30%).

Giving us back some coins would only lead to more donations because we alle know... we will donate again if we start somewhere new

4. A donation is a donation, now stick with it.

5. A donation is a donation, now stick with it.
    man eat ***. youre just a broke kid who thinks its gonna be "fair" . It is a legal loophole, and i hope someone pulls that **** on you in the future so some ******* can come on and say "it is what it is" to you. Blasphemy for reals thinking we donated just for the server to be fully functional which wasnt! It was a coin shop and the more we talk about it the more they will be ousted because we know exactly what they had it for.

6. So I've been speaking to Smyth on my support ticket about getting my coins spend on the Nelth server back. I've spent roughly 1190 coins on the server and now its been decommissioned and I'm being forced to go to another server weather I like it or not instead of getting the coins I spent my personal money on. I donated over $900eur alone for the coins on the Cata server but by the sounds of it I won't be getting any of it back?
    My last post in the 'Ask The Staff' section got removed for who knows what reason (Staff never replied or messaged me directly about it). Smyth told me to post this here.
    What is even going to happen with the coins? Can we get a refund to use them on a server of our choice on characters of our choice instead of being forced into an xpack?
    I've been a member since early 2010 and have the Exalted donator rank yet it seems near impossible to get a clear answer on this topic.
    Do you think you are special or something, I have been here since 2010 and donated more then that, and I am not alone many of us have . Warmane/Molten has always taken care of its community when things went bad. At least they are trying to give you / Us something maybe not 2000 coins but a chance for us to keep the toons we put hard work into rather they be deleted into oblivion and get nothing. I may not transfer to MOP but I am glad they are still trying make it possible for a downgrade to WOTLK ,where I may not have my Gluth sword or full cata gears ,at least they will get something and still be useful having the professions and gold they have. Asking for coins is so stupid you had the last few years to enjoy your donation and I bet you havent even played on Neltharian since the population went to crap anyway.No one forced anyone to buy coins , Wether you call it a donation or not you paid for them and recived items for a game , seriously its not like a Retail store or damage deposit on an apartment where you get refunded for bringing an item back for being broken or the wrong size, or get your deposit back when you move out. Get over it.
    Edited: August 20, 2018

7. Do you think you are special or something, I have been here since 2010 and donated more then that, and I am not alone many of us have . Warmane/Molten has always taken care of its community when things went bad. At least they are trying to give you / Us something maybe not 2000 coins but a chance for us to keep the toons we put hard work into rather they be deleted into oblivion and get nothing. I may not transfer to MOP but I am glad they are still trying make it possible for a downgrade to WOTLK ,where I may not have my Gluth sword or full cata gears ,at least they will get something and still be useful having the professions and gold they have. Asking for coins is so stupid you had the last few years to enjoy your donation and I bet you havent even played on Neltharian since the population went to crap anyway.No one forced anyone to buy coins , Wether you call it a donation or not you paid for them and recived items for a game , seriously its not like a Retail store or damage deposit on an apartment where you get refunded for bringing an item back for being broken or the wrong size, or get your deposit back when you move out. Get over it.
    Theres people who have donated more than me and started playing earlier than me. Quite frankly I couldn't care who you are, I'm here to get my coins back from characters that are now unplayable and lost. If they can downgrade my toons to WotLK with BiS gear on them that would be sweet as but going off of their post they are planning on just giving people free instant max level boosts with starter gear which in turn means the money I donated to help support the server has in no way benefited me at all. When you donate in the store you receive coins in exchange for your money, therefore my money has gone to Warmane and I have received nothing in return. If you can't understand where I'm coming from with this then I can't be bothered to argue further with someone who is intellectually incompetent at understanding you are rewarded for donating and shouldn't lose your donation rewards just because they decide to close a server to save themselves money on bills to run it.

8. Theres people who have donated more than me and started playing earlier than me. Quite frankly I couldn't care who you are, I'm here to get my coins back from characters that are now unplayable and lost. If they can downgrade my toons to WotLK with BiS gear on them that would be sweet as but going off of their post they are planning on just giving people free instant max level boosts with starter gear which in turn means the money I donated to help support the server has in no way benefited me at all. When you donate in the store you receive coins in exchange for your money, therefore my money has gone to Warmane and I have received nothing in return. If you can't understand where I'm coming from with this then I can't be bothered to argue further with someone who is intellectually incompetent at understanding you are rewarded for donating and shouldn't lose your donation rewards just because they decide to close a server to save themselves money on bills to run it.
    haha i laughed at this.

you do make some great points.

but i don't expect warmane to give us our coins back. or a downgrade either.

through my wonderful stay here at molten/warmane: you learn to expect nothing from warmane and you still turn out to be disappointed

9. Theres people who have donated more than me and started playing earlier than me. Quite frankly I couldn't care who you are, I'm here to get my coins back from characters that are now unplayable and lost. If they can downgrade my toons to WotLK with BiS gear on them that would be sweet as but going off of their post they are planning on just giving people free instant max level boosts with starter gear which in turn means the money I donated to help support the server has in no way benefited me at all. When you donate in the store you receive coins in exchange for your money, therefore my money has gone to Warmane and I have received nothing in return. If you can't understand where I'm coming from with this then I can't be bothered to argue further with someone who is intellectually incompetent at understanding you are rewarded for donating and shouldn't lose your donation rewards just because they decide to close a server to save themselves money on bills to run it.
    They are not bound to give you anything at all. You might donate 1 000€ and they can just close the server next day without you ever getting the money back.
    Whatever they decide to give players that were playing on cata (myself included) is just from their goodwill.

Now, I have nothing against people trying to ask the staff to be able to downgrade to wotlk with some decent gear or whatever, which I am all for, but acting like you MUST get all your coins/items back is just absurd.

10. man eat ***. youre just a broke kid who thinks its gonna be "fair" . It is a legal loophole, and i hope someone pulls that **** on you in the future so some ******* can come on and say "it is what it is" to you. Blasphemy for reals thinking we donated just for the server to be fully functional which wasnt! It was a coin shop and the more we talk about it the more they will be ousted because we know exactly what they had it for.
    It's too early to start the day with such large facepalming...

For the Nth time, what "legal loophole" do you people imagine? Do people saying it's called a donation "for legal reasons" believe Blizzard is on the edge of their seats, all tensed up and ready to pounce, chanting "say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down"? If Blizzard had a way to take us down it's not calling it donations as a "legal loophole" that would stop them.

It's called donation simply to make it clear on the label what it is. Some players thinking of it as buying coins doesn't changes the fact it's a donation, which means there's no purchase as far as we, the ones offering that, care. There's no asking money back if you regret something later, because there was no purchase. There's no demanding refunds, because there was no purchase. All are donations made willingly to Warmane. The big difference from other donations that reward donors with gift cards, t-shirts, mugs or whatever is that our "cause" isn't going to attract consistent funding if we don't give more substantial incentives for people to contribute.

11. It's too early to start the day with such large facepalming...

For the Nth time, what "legal loophole" do you people imagine? Do people saying it's called a donation "for legal reasons" believe Blizzard is on the edge of their seats, all tensed up and ready to pounce, chanting "say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down, say it's buying so we can take you down"? If Blizzard had a way to take us down it's not calling it donations as a "legal loophole" that would stop them.

It's called donation simply to make it clear on the label what it is. Some players thinking of it as buying coins doesn't changes the fact it's a donation, which means there's no purchase as far as we, the ones offering that, care. There's no asking money back if you regret something later, because there was no purchase. There's no demanding refunds, because there was no purchase. All are donations made willingly to Warmane. The big difference from other donations that reward donors with gift cards, t-shirts, mugs or whatever is that our "cause" isn't going to attract consistent funding if we don't give more substantial incentives for people to contribute.
    Let’s say a certain neighborhood has a house you want, and the only way the association will allow you to take part in the auction is by a donation made to them. Now you can “purchase” a house in that neighborhood . One day the association says the neighborhood will be taken down, all you get is some low quality wood and a hammer to make yourself a new house, if they choose to go to this other neighborhood facing the same predicament in the future. Is it wrong for the person to at least have the “purchase” partially compensated in a useful/more flexible way?

Donate—>get coins—>”purchase” item with coins—>realm no longer live—>no comp on the “purchase”
    Edited: August 21, 2018

12. Let’s say a certain neighborhood has a house you want, and the only way the association will allow you to take part in the auction is by a donation made to them. Now you can “purchase” a house in that neighborhood . One day the association says the neighborhood will be taken down, all you get is some low quality wood and a hammer, if they choose to go to this other neighborhood facing the same predicament in the future. Is it wrong for the person to at least have the “purchase” partially compensated?

Donate—>get coins—>”purchase” item with coins—>realm no longer live—>no comp on the “purchase”
    Completely inexistent parallel, both regarding donations, as well as what my reply was about.

13. Donations are voluntary and cover the following:
    - Dedicated servers, including live, internal and backup servers
    - Professional staff and service expenses
    - Security expenses, including anti-DoS services
    - Development and expansion of website and realm infrastructure
    - Maintenance and promotion of Warmane on social and video platforms
    - Seasonal tournament prize pools

- Professional staff and service expenses BTW only resolving ingame tickets via mail BTW
    - Development and expansion of website and realm infrastructure BTW we all felt neltharion's development in the past 2 years BTW
    - Maintenance and promotion of Warmane on social and video platforms BTW nelth nowhere to be seen after warmane taken off that nasty *** ranking site

I'm gonna go ahead and just assume the donations just kept the server plug in the wall and bought some beer for the staff. Good going btw

14. Donations are voluntary and cover the following:
    - Dedicated servers, including live, internal and backup servers
    - Professional staff and service expenses
    - Security expenses, including anti-DoS services
    - Development and expansion of website and realm infrastructure
    - Maintenance and promotion of Warmane on social and video platforms
    - Seasonal tournament prize pools

- Professional staff and service expenses BTW only resolving ingame tickets via mail BTW
    - Development and expansion of website and realm infrastructure BTW we all felt neltharion's development in the past 2 years BTW
    - Maintenance and promotion of Warmane on social and video platforms BTW nelth nowhere to be seen after warmane taken off that nasty *** ranking site

I'm gonna go ahead and just assume the donations just kept the server plug in the wall and bought some beer for the staff. Good going btw
    Yea, let's just ignore that Wotlk and BC even exist. They said that these 2 expansions will be the main focus for many reasons already.

15. - Professional staff and service expenses BTW only resolving ingame tickets via mail BTW
    No in-game ticket is solved by email, unless it shouldn't have been an in-game ticket in the first hand.

You make donations to Warmane, not to Neltharion, and you should understand that before you make any donation.

Again, maintenance and promotion of Warmane, not of Neltharion. Neltharion was one of our servers, and the one we wanted to decommission over an year ago already.

Nothing to add on top of what Reyzen already said.

12311 ... Last