1. Heroic sethekk halls

So I’ve been playing a 2.23k gs 1k bonus healing holy priest and have run all the normal dungeons with ease and multiple times. I’m not an expert healer I actually just started on this realm and I think I’m okay at it. I ran sethekk halls last night with a pally tank 2.3k gs and 2 ele shammys around 2.4k gs and a spriest 2.3k gs. Got through all the trash pretty easily and then got to the first boss. We wiped 4-5 times then just quit. Even trying different strategies and we always got him to
    About 20% then wiped. I tried just doing direct heals and the adds are attacking different people and I can’t keep everyone up so we wipe.. I tried spamming aoe heals and we wiped from me getting one shotted by gaining Aggro. The dps were doing 1.1k, 800, and 700 and the pally not far off. It honestly is so frustrating that I was contemplating quitting healing because I wasn’t sure if it was my fault, our team comp, the dps, or the tank. I know it’s hard to see the problem since you weren’t there but can someone that’s very familiar with tbc please help me out with what may have gone wrong? I’ve read that sethekk isn’t even one of the harder heroics...

2. Hello, the first boss of SH HC is actually pretty hard. no offence here but to be able to pass that u need a solid group.
    Also there is a tact that avoids adds from attacking the raid . there is a cage behind the boss if all dps and the healer go on top of that it will be alot easyer.
    But a i said u need a solid group and dont be offended please but i think youre group was not solid enough.

3. No Problem man not offended at all it could’ve been my healing that was bad. We tried that strategy and still wiped. Anyone else?

4. Im not sure if you did but wowwiki explains most of the bosses strats. For sh hc If grp is nicely geared there is that strategy to burn the boss. If not, going slowly is nice and cc-ing adds or killing them to avoid wipes due to too much dmg and not enough healing.

About aggroing the mobs with your heals :
    Fade
    Talents to reduce ur threat
    Salvation
    Else the tank wasnt doing his job...

5. I was in SH Halls already more then 20 times with my resto druid (first time when i had to do my class quest for flight form) and each boss is definitly beatable.

The First boss is actually the hardest one and if you have a decent DPS Team the best strategy is to kill all adds on the first spawn (each dps has to focus the same element to kill them fast and effective) ... after that (in case you have a shaman in group) you do bloodlust anf rape the **** out of the bosss ignoring the second wave of spawned elements. I had a group of people with 2,4-2,7k gs and after 2 wipes we did it on my first time ever.

6. Your dps was bad, or tank was bad, those are the only explanations. You group is perfect for killing that boss. The best strat with that comp is to just burst him down with bloodlust. If you get heal agro, you become and angel and keep healing until the boss dies in a few more seconds.

And drop resist totems for those eles.
    Edited: August 21, 2018

7. stand max range
    probably the hardest 5man boss outside of mgt tho

8. with an overgeared group you can bl + nuke the boss. Not much skill required, almost no need to heal...

with less equipped toons, you need to focus on adds and kill them at each spawn before coming back dpsing the boss. Due to the different casts/debuff of each of them, the adds should be targeted by the whole team in the same order. In guild runs we coordinate on discord.

9. So these are your defensive tools for this fight:

Prayer of shadow protection / Shadow resist aura
    Fire resist aura / Fire resist totem
    Grounding Totem (x2)
    Frost Resist Aura / Frost Resist Totem
    Earthbind Totem
    Stoneclaw totem (yes, LOL at it)
    Psychic Scream x2
    Mass Dispel / Dispel Magic / Cleanse
    Blessing of Protection
    Blessing of Sacrifice
    Since you had a paladin tank, he should be able to take care of himself/ herself for just a bit with Divine Shield /cancelaura macro to wipe the debuff stacks along with Lay on Hands.

So, what did you use out of all of these?
    Edited: August 21, 2018

10. It's overtuned, thats why most groups exploit the cage that is never fixed no matter how much you report it, most dungeons here are stock mangos or pre-nerf state they been like that since the release of the server wich is sad. By the patch we are in those dungeons must be on a nerfed state.

11. It's not overtuned. It's an easy boss with the right comp, and that's how it was on retail.

12. You can avoid the first boss entirely if your group hugs the wall and makes its way around the room until reaching the entrance to the next room.